i just got off the phone with my lawyer...

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I personally think all peoples caught Drink Driving should immediately have their car fitted with a device that requires a breath test from the driver before the ignition will start. anything higher than a 0.00%BAC, and the car shouldn't start.

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
alright, i apologize for my actions. i didnt mean to get everyone all angry about it. it was a mistake i made and cannot change, but i did learn my lesson. im not gunna argue "i wasnt that drunk blah blah" or anythign like that, cause thats irrelevant. i did, cant change that, but wont do it again.

but i will say i bet, actually know(seen vids), some of you,not all tho, are guilty of going 100+ on public roads which is also dangerous. and if you got a reckless for racing and got it removed you would be excited about it. i was excited and felt to share with someone, this was the site i was on so i posted it

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
LilMissMkIII;921354 said:
I personally think all peoples caught Drink Driving should immediately have their car fitted with a device that requires a breath test from the driver before the ignition will start. anything higher than a 0.00%BAC, and the car shouldn't start.

All you need is someone to blow into it for you.
People have used their children for this before.

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
LilMissMkIII;921354 said:

This exists and is becoming more and more common for repeat offenders in the state of Minnesota. Unfortunately its too damn expensive to be used for first time offenders, despite the fact that by the time they do use it the state has already spent far more prosecuting the person than it would have cost to use in the first place...

And infuriatingly enough drunk driving charges are dropped to lesser charges every day. It's sad that the state is willing to work to stop drunk driving yet fuck themselves in this way all the damn time. A person that knowingly commits a crime needs to face the music.

blackturbona said:
i was excited and felt to share with someone, this was the site i was on so i posted it

Don't be happy that the charges were lowered. Be happy you have a chance to do the right thing next time. Donate some of the money you saved to MADD or something. Volunteer somewhere. Do something on your own time to make up for your actions.

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
iHartSupra;921375 said:
Don't be happy that the charges were lowered. Be happy you have a chance to do the right thing next time. Donate some of the money you saved to MADD or something. Volunteer somewhere. Do something on your own time to make up for your actions.

thats a very good idea

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
JustAnotherVictim;921370 said:
All you need is someone to blow into it for you.
People have used their children for this before.

That's the downside to current ignition interlocks. However they're slowly being replaced by units that operate on a transdermal basis. Undoubtedly someone will get around that as well. Alcoholics will do whatever they can to drink and drive.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Once again, I can pass judgment because I dont drive wrecklessly either.. I dont street race (I keep it on the track), I dont swerve in and out of traffic... and I do not exceed 100mph on anything but a race track..

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
iHartSupra;921345 said:
Your entitled to your opinion and what would make me an asshole would be trying to force mine upon you. What I believe isn't some Zen Buddhist bullshit, its the kind of thinking that is necessary when your dealing with fuckup offenders weekly. That and the knowledge that a certain waste of oxygen is rotting away in Stillwater Prison.

When you threaten another's life, liberty or property without their permission, you loose the right to be "left alone". The fact that you've cuddled up with these losers doesn't change my opinion...

iHartSupra;921388 said:
Alcoholics will do whatever they can to drink and drive.

Then imprisonment is the only option. If you cannot exist without threatening another's life, liberty or property, you need to be put away.

You state you speak for MADD. How's that workin out for you? What's your success rate in getting these people to stop it?

I think you are engaging in ineffective bullshit, and you've convinced yourself that the 'kind of thinking that is necessary when your dealing with fuckup offenders weekly' is now the truth.

Personally I think you are kidding yourself and engaging in "feel good" activities.

Whatever. However don't tell me that I can't judge a drunk driver. You want to wrap yourself in a shroud of creative justificaion as to how these people are just "unlucky" or "igonrant", have fun, keep kidding yourself if it helps you sleep at night.

Drunk drivers (and other similarly irresponsible jackoffs) are the dog shit stuck to the bottom of societies shoe.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Here's a numbers perspective of those that don't get another chance.

17,000 men women and children are murdered every year year after year after year by drunk drivers. The number of those permanently injured is incredible, you can see that number right here in our Supra Community as some have posted about the injuries they suffered from drunk drivers.

Now I like to put this into perspective with the millions of protestors that scream, whine, and complain America sends Volunteer soldiers into battle.

IMAGINE if those same people rallied and protested against the 17,000 murders committed against their own neighbors.

The idea of a dwelling with a parking lot so people can drive to and consume then leave in their cars is one of the most incredibly lame ideas America has ever allowed

We've spent upwards of trillions of dollars fighting the fake drug war since the late sixties to save the lives of a relatively few losers in life. Totally ignoring the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of our neighbors on our highways since the war began.

iHartSupra

Mar 21, 2006
Duluth, MN
Supracentral;921742 said:
You state you speak for MADD. How's that workin out for you? What's your success rate in getting these people to stop it?

I think you are engaging in ineffective bullshit, and you've convinced yourself that the 'kind of thinking that is necessary when your dealing with fuckup offenders weekly' is now the truth.

Personally I think you are kidding yourself and engaging in "feel good" activities.

Whatever. However don't tell me that I can't judge a drunk driver. You want to wrap yourself in a shroud of creative justificaion as to how these people are just "unlucky" or "igonrant", have fun, keep kidding yourself if it helps you sleep at night.

I haven't the faintest clue as to the success rate and I personally don't give a damn what it is. I certainly haven't cuddled up with any of them. And they definitely aren't just "unlucky" or "ignorant." Precisely the opposite.

I speak at those panels not because I think these people are sad and need help. If that's what I wanted to get out of it I would be a goddamn special ed teacher. I speak to those people on the simple chance that maybe one of them will hear what I have to say and take it to heart. If even one of those offenders chooses to call a cab next time instead of drive then thats one less person that runs the chance of killing an innocent fucking person.

I've had plenty of people come up to my crying after a speech telling me how their thinking was changed because of it. Mostly kids (16-early 20s). If one of them makes changes then good, I helped. And yes, it does help me sleep at night. Knowing that my sisters death might make some iota of change in another persons life makes dealing with the fact that she was ripped from us for no fucking reason just a little easier to take.

Last year in MN people under the age of 21 accounted for roughly 15% of DWI arrests. Under the age of 18 roughly half of that. You honestly advocate throwing a significant amount of kids in jail for an extended period of time? Jail as an eye opener is one thing, but extended jail time simply destroys their future. Or as DT said, shoot them in the fucking head? Have fun squeezing that trigger.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
suprageezer;921743 said:
Here's a numbers perspective of those that don't get another chance.

17,000 men women and children are murdered every year year after year after year by drunk drivers. The number of those permanently injured is incredible, you can see that number right here in our Supra Community as some have posted about the injuries they suffered from drunk drivers.

Now I like to put this into perspective with the millions of protestors that scream, whine, and complain America sends Volunteer soldiers into battle.

IMAGINE if those same people rallied and protested against the 17,000 murders committed against their own neighbors.

The idea of a dwelling with a parking lot so people can drive to and consume then leave in their cars is one of the most incredibly lame ideas America has ever allowed

We've spent upwards of trillions of dollars fighting the fake drug war since the late sixties to save the lives of a relatively few losers in life. Totally ignoring the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of our neighbors on our highways since the war began.

You can drive to a bar with *gasp* a designated driver and be fine. You can also drive to the bar and go home in a cab. Some people(I dont), can go have 1 beer and eat over a 2 hour period and be ok to drive.

The idea of a bar being the cause is stupid, blame the car too. The idea of a machine that can propel you down the road at highspeed while drunk is a lame idea? Maybe grocery stores are to blame, I mean after all you can buy a beer and walk out of the store and open it....

I like to just blame the person doing wrong.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Supracentral;921090 said:
Actually, forget the last one, I'd do that for free...

:rofl:

this is why I ride my bike now to the bars. while I know I can get a CUI, its a hell of a lot less expensive (250 dollars) and the worst thing that will happen is I get hurt.

and I have a story, I have another friend who got a dui because he blew a .08. if I ever got pulled over for drinking I would at least take the test at the station. their is a good chance he would have blown a .07 there and would have been let off.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Ckanderson;921810 said:
:rofl:

this is why I ride my bike now to the bars. while I know I can get a CUI, its a hell of a lot less expensive (250 dollars) and the worst thing that will happen is I get hurt.

and I have a story, I have another friend who got a dui because he blew a .08. if I ever got pulled over for drinking I would at least take the test at the station. their is a good chance he would have blown a .07 there and would have been let off.

A guy at my work got a dui for driving a golf cart drunk. He was in his neighborhood not on a real road and they stuck it to him. He spent 3 nights in tent city(jail here) and has to have the blow test in his car(s) for a few years.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
iwannadie;921813 said:
A guy at my work got a dui for driving a golf cart drunk. He was in his neighborhood not on a real road and they stuck it to him. He spent 3 nights in tent city(jail here) and has to have the blow test in his car(s) for a few years.

yea its suprising how much they dont fuck arround with golf carts.

i had friends in college who stole a bunch of golf carts from the school and drove em around drunk. one guy got caught and spent like 2 weeks in jail.

they let him back in school and didnt press charges since he was on an academic scholorship :sarcasm:

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
savannahashlee;921827 said:
I'm impressed... an academic scholarship, and he got caught? They say there is a thin line between intelligence and stupidity

well its kind of hard to run from the cops when your driving a 12 mph golf cart on the street :biglaugh: