I bought a vette

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
After having numerous problems with my car lately I couldn't decide what to do. I was thinking about going with a full 2jz build, but that's going to cost me a good bit to do it the way I want it. I really don't have the time right now to tackle this so I'm going to put the supra on the back burner............for now. I'm not getting out of the game, but I will be without a running supra for at least a year. Now on to the good news.

A local guy that's in a corvette club with my brother has sold me his 1999 C5 with new z06 wheels. It's already got cams, larger injectors and exhaust. It only dyno's at 432rwhp, but it feels like it's got about 700 lbs of torque. I should be able to get some pictures up tonight after I wash it. Of course it's blue, but did you really have to ask?

I will try and get my car fixed later, but if I dont, then it looks like Vonda is getting new blue and white interior for her car. Thanks, Jay

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No, sorry Turbo. I really doubt that I part it out because I love the car too much for that, but I'm really tore up about the destruction of my newly built motor. I don't have the money to keep rebuilding and upgrading and I could never be happy with a stock motor.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
No I meant April fools like it's too good to be true. C5 corvettes are my favorite car of all time!!! My next car WILL be a C5. So congrats!!!!

BTW, we have an other cars section now :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprahero;976069 said:
After having numerous problems with my car lately I couldn't decide what to do. I was thinking about going with a full 2jz build, but that's going to cost me a good bit to do it the way I want it. I really don't have the time right now to tackle this so I'm going to put the supra on the back burner............for now. I'm not getting out of the game, but I will be without a running supra for at least a year. Now on to the good news.

A local guy that's in a corvette club with my brother has sold me his 1999 C5 with new z06 wheels. It's already got cams, larger injectors and exhaust. It only dyno's at 432rwhp, but it feels like it's got about 700 lbs of torque. I should be able to get some pictures up tonight after I wash it. Of course it's blue, but did you really have to ask?

I will try and get my car fixed later, but if I dont, then it looks like Vonda is getting new blue and white interior for her car. Thanks, Jay

Excellent choice. Welcome to the concept known as area under the curve. :biglaugh:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
First of all, you can't expect anyone with an ounce of brains to believe anything posted on April 1st.

Secondly, if you're buying a Corvette because it's more reliable than a Supra, I've got some bad news for you...

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Look at what I just bought this weekend too guys....It was a little expensive, but I had to have it.

ferrari-enzo-doors-open.jpg

Sorry Jay, had to do it..............:D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You have more money than I do Mr. Fonz. I"m only paying $14,500 for mine and it's modded just right. I'm also getting a great finance rate because my aunt works at the bank.

I don't blame you Grim, but it's purely conincidental. I'm meeting the guy at 5:00 when he gets off work so we can get the paperwork notorized and signed.

The only thing I dont' like about it is the rough ride. It rides way worse than anything I've ever ridden in. I guess they don't build them for comfort.

This somehow doesn't feel like an april fool's joke. I guess I sort of understand wanting to get another running car after an engine goes down the tubes but letting the Supra sit for a year? =( Poor Supra... What is holding you back from building a new engine?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
rtrdpenguin;976304 said:
What is holding you back from building a new engine?

Nothing is holding me back except for the knowledge I must not have. I just built it last month and it didn't even last two thousand miles. I'm sure I'll build it again but I don't know when and in the meantime I need something to drive other than my F150

IJ.;976307 said:

IJ, you know I don't understand Australian...........:biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprahero;976069 said:

It only has one ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ, you know spelling owns me. You've always wanted an LS1 in your supra, now I have one in a vette even though it's not the same thing. Maybe you can help me figure out how to turbo it...............please!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ryan, I sent you the link........not supramania........:3d_frown:

IJ, breaking parts is no fun at all........especially when you don't know exactly how you broke them.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's that time. I'm off to the bank to sign my life away. It's been a long time since I've had a car payment. Pictures will be up later if I can get it clean enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.