Hurricane Katrina heading for Me(us coastal areas)

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
For those that are not aware, it is mandatory to evacuate where Justin is staying -- that is how bad it is.
I think it would be the windiest area to be in because it is on the coast and just on the east side of the eye.
See for yourselves (zoom out too):
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Biloxi gulfport MS

Justin, make a post when you log on.
Are you still there as opposed to having had left the area?

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
Well we got lucky in this area and the only damage was loss of electricity. New Orleans and almost everything around it is totally trashed. Unfortunately this hurricane was not hyped by the media and it did an undescribable amount of damage. They are talking at least a month before they can let people back into NO. We only got grazed by the hurricane and it did quite a bit of damage. I've already talked to one Supra owner who's car got trashed by the storm.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Bishop, good to see someone checking in from down there. I'm seriously worried about Justin, the news up here is saying that Biloxi was mostly destroyed - I'm hoping he decided to comply with the mandatory evac orders.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
I just noticed that Justin727 posted on SF at 9:39 pm on the 28th, the night before Katrina made it to shore.
He IM'd me a couple of times that day too. (That is how I got the pic of his car with the cover on it and then he asked me to post the pic.)
He was not in a rush to go anywhere.
We had no idea it would be as bad as it turned out to be.
The storm hit his area worse than any other in regards to death and destruction.

If he was going to leave, I don't think he would be posting on SF the night before:
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3411698#post3411698

He wanted his girlfriend to leave with the baby, but they did not the last I heard.

If anyone has any info on him, could they post it on this thread.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
I tried calling him a few times, but the calls get a recording saying "Zero dash three -- your call did not go through." I'm sure the phone lines will be knocked out for quite some time though. The news stations here said email is often the best way to get ahold of people so I fired off one as well -- I'm sure hes busy but I hope he gets a chance to let us know he's OK

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
GrimJack said:
Bishop, good to see someone checking in from down there. I'm seriously worried about Justin, the news up here is saying that Biloxi was mostly destroyed - I'm hoping he decided to comply with the mandatory evac orders.

I was watching the news here today and saw that about Biloxi and then read on here about Justin being there, I really hope he's ok. It's nuts seeing what's going on there.

Glad to see you're ok Bishop, and I hope everyone else ends up being ok.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea its bad, looks like a nuke hit were hes at.
we be prayin for u justin.
hope you and ur family and car make it.

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
Well his AIM S/N popped up but it is was on "mobile internet"

Anyways, I IM'ed him with the following

Tony Mawad (10:53:15 PM): justin?
Tony Mawad (10:53:20 PM): is that you?
Tony Mawad (10:53:31 PM): where are you?
Tony Mawad (10:53:59 PM): Supramania is worried about you, if it is you
Tony Mawad (10:54:02 PM): so is SF
Tony Mawad (10:54:08 PM): are you there?
Tony Mawad (10:57:15 PM): can you respond at all?
Tony Mawad (11:00:23 PM): can you call me collect? *** *** ****
Justinjj727 (11:11:09 PM): u got my reply power is out
Tony Mawad (11:11:22 PM): ok
Justinjj727 (11:17:14 PM): man the damage around us is horrific
Tony Mawad (11:17:22 PM): i know
Tony Mawad (11:17:26 PM): i thougth you died
Tony Mawad (11:17:36 PM): i will post this on SM
Tony Mawad (11:18:47 PM): I watch the news day and night
Tony Mawad (11:18:58 PM): just tell me: is your family OK?
Tony Mawad (11:19:11 PM): we are wondering
Justinjj727 (11:19:33 PM): man the damage around us is horrific
Tony Mawad (11:19:50 PM): as on TV!
Justinjj727 (11:25:53 PM): we r perfect very minimal damage to the houseremember pics of big red shop well its gone now thats about all the damage i only live .5 miles from beach
Tony Mawad (11:26:11 PM): Thanks
Tony Mawad (11:26:23 PM): i have been glued to the TV for days
Tony Mawad (11:26:48 PM): i was worried for you all!
Tony Mawad (11:27:54 PM): I imagined much worse for you all. Glad I was wrong!
Justinjj727 (11:30:45 PM): we didnt get any flooding at my house.ill call u when im able. text only works. lata
Tony Mawad (11:30:58 PM): ok
Tony Mawad (11:30:59 PM): later
Tony Mawad (11:31:10 PM): call me when you can
Justinjj727 signed off at 11:33:05 PM.

So he is alive and well along with his family! -- I am hoping it WAS really him that resonded to me and not some damn looter with his cell phone. (He will laugh at this last comment when he sees it.) It does have his writing style so I am pretty sure it was him.

I will keep you guys updated.
I was 99% sure he was gone before I got that IM.
I am not sure if he knows how lucky he was or how much damage other places received. (Keep in mind, they have no power. So no TV for them to see what happened around them.)

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
I have contacted almost every Supra person in the area and everyone is ok. Major loss of property and morale, but they are safe. I have yet to hear from MKII Chris, MKII John, Daison and Chris K. If anyone has heard from them please let us know they are ok. I know a few people lost their Supras but at least they are alive and well.

My city was barely grazed by the storm and we just now got power back tonight. Still some 40,000 homes in this city without power. Cell phone service is spotty at best and getting gas is a 2 hour ordeal. It's hard to even imagine how much power a storm like that had. Just the edge of it hit here and it wiped out power for over 100k homes.

BTW I have heard from Thomas that Justin is ok, so that was definitely him :)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
honestly, i feel the same. that's incredble.

-shaeff