How to Mount an ipod / itouch in a Supra?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Or you could get a head unit that allows you to control you IPOD from the actual head unit. Atleast that's what I have, and its much easier to use.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
supra90turbo;1517953 said:
Bump for my new headunit-less setup.

Just bought this Griffin Navigate Ipod Controller from Best Buy.
Cost was like $40. Even has a built in FM tuner, so you can listen to FM through this, not transmit to an FM station.

It has the data cable in, about 2' of cord, then the controller, which has a 3.5mm audio out, which is going to a 4-channel Alpine 800w amp and to a 200w Pioneer mono amp.

This is what I did, using some ABS sheet:

2nushg1.jpg

mua105.jpg

The screen is so clear, and it puts the controls right at your fingertips. I HIGHLY recommend this :bigthumb:

Thats awesome. Very clean install! I gave the griffin FM transmitter a try because it was on sale before circuit city closed but i dont like it. The sound quality was horrible and still is. I'm going to have to give this a try now... never knew this even existed haha

seacombe2379

7M + MaftPro = FUN
Nov 22, 2009
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
apparently Sony are making a head unit that you plug in your ipod to and it sits the ipod onside the unit out the way gives you total control and its out the way too no wires hanging around or anything they did away with the cd player and just turned it into a tray with radio and ipod control pretty fancy and well spec'd ill look for the link when im at work

lol found it have a look here

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ica-in-car-usb-and-made-for-ipod/dsx-s100