How to Mount an ipod / itouch in a Supra?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
the ipod touch actually has a solid state drive so i dont know how those act towards magnets, but even then im sure it will mess up other components...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Not a magnet, I prefer to have a script rewrite every sector of the HDD in unreadable 1s and 0s. The script runs 7x over, making it virtually impossible to find out what was on it prior.
Worse comes to worse, spin it backwards using a solid state power supply untill you see lots of smoke.

K, might sound dumb but what about an I home on the steering column.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Right... So I can't see the digidash?

Music is important, but not THAT important

"Sorry officer, I didn't know I was speeding because my all imporant itouch was in the way"

:p:p:p

What is an ihome? Link/pics?

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
i have the otterbox cover on my iPod,and it sits securely in the the old TEMS location(got the tray from a non-TEMS Soop)and i connect the iPod to my stereo through the headphone jack.on the other end it goes to the AUX IN on the head unit.
you don't have to have a head unit,could just go to the SIGNAL IN on your amp

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
LilMissMkIII;1490797 said:
What is an ihome? Link/pics?

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/

this would be kinda cool

p1490929_1.jpg

MK3_TJ

May 21, 2008
Kettering, OH
I have the huge otterbox case too. All the ipod control head unit connectors I've seen don't fit with the case on. Its even worse with the iphone cause the screen turns off.

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
foreverpsycotic;1490796 said:
Not a magnet, I prefer to have a script rewrite every sector of the HDD in unreadable 1s and 0s. The script runs 7x over, making it virtually impossible to find out what was on it prior.
Worse comes to worse, spin it backwards using a solid state power supply untill you see lots of smoke.

Clients ask me all the time how to make certain that the data on their HDs is unreadable, and I always recommend the sledgehammer trick. It does a wonderful job, takes very little time, and most people have access to one for free.

Regardless, I've just put an iPod adapter (awesome christmas gift!) in my maxima. All the practice I've had taking apart the supra dash came in handy for the maxima dash (which was easier than the Sup!). Of course my adapter was made specifically for the Boise stereo in this car. My iPod stays charged, is totally out of sight, and works wonderful through the stereo controls. I guess my point is Krystal, have you looked to see if there is an iPod adapter for the unit in your car? Google it, then hunt it down on eBay to get a better price. Could do some creative drilling and stash in the cubby-hole below the head unit, if you have one in your car. The only problem with that cubby-hole is that it gets extremely hot, and that can throw the iPod for a loop. Could stash it in the glove box if it doesn't get too hot.

902jzmk3

Nov 23, 2008
Dingmans Ferry, PA
PROJECT N00b;1491055 said:
Pioneer AVIC F900BT = full iPod control, TBT navi, DVD/DIVX playback, MP3 cd playback, etc, etc... best HU I have ever had. Oh and it's touch screen =]]]

+1. I've got the same unit in mine. It's awesome, only thing is you still need a place to put the i-pod while plugged in, which I'm still trying to figure out. I was thinking of just running the cable into the center console and leaving the i-pod in there.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Bump for my new headunit-less setup.

Just bought this Griffin Navigate Ipod Controller from Best Buy.
Cost was like $40. Even has a built in FM tuner, so you can listen to FM through this, not transmit to an FM station.

It has the data cable in, about 2' of cord, then the controller, which has a 3.5mm audio out, which is going to a 4-channel Alpine 800w amp and to a 200w Pioneer mono amp.

This is what I did, using some ABS sheet:

2nushg1.jpg

mua105.jpg

The screen is so clear, and it puts the controls right at your fingertips. I HIGHLY recommend this :bigthumb: