How old were you when you got your first Supra?

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
I was 16 when I got my 87 NA 5sp. I was intending on getting the car, but didn't expect it to be sitting in the driveway when I came back from a weekend of riding my fourwheeler at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in MI. I owe that one to my parents. They paid for everything-not that we were rich.

I got my current Supra in Aug./Sep. 2002. The expenses were all mine on that one.

I originally got into Supras when I was in first grade, which was in 91. Who knew I'd own a 91 Supra some day...

Anyway, I pay $450-ish every 6 months for full coverage on both my cars together. Once I get promoted (military) it should go down significantly, again.

I'm currently 22 and will be turning 23 on Oct. 14th.

gotboost?mk3

Supra lova
Aug 12, 2005
houston, tx
bought my midnight blue 87 targa a couple of months ago. kinda wis i would have gotten one already running as this is my first experience with the supra and an engine that has like 1 million vaccum hoses.

and hell yeah for military discounts and bonuses. im leaving for the marines in a month

S

Slow Poopra 7MGTE

just turned 17 when i got mine, sat in a garage in NYC for 5 years but belonged to a neighbor, i've had it for 2 years now. black 89 hard top turbo

jam4484

MKIII Lover
Jul 24, 2005
Tolland CT
Got my first one a few months ago and I am 21. I wish I got into supras sooner, but I am sure to make up for lost time!

Jon

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
i am 15 n i baught it on my 14th birthday. it is an automatic and my mom hates the thing because i drive it like im in nascar but my dad is in love with it. well kinda cause my dads friend had a bad expierence wit one but i dont care. i am almost sixteen n it i s a teal metallic (#47 of 200). hit me up n tell me bout ur supra. also my friend felix has # 92 od 200 n he also has a permit.

SP 7M

Use your GUY instinct
Apr 6, 2005
Oceanside (for now), CA
www.myspace.com
gotboost?mk3 said:
bought my midnight blue 87 targa a couple of months ago. kinda wis i would have gotten one already running as this is my first experience with the supra and an engine that has like 1 million vaccum hoses.

and hell yeah for military discounts and bonuses. im leaving for the marines in a month
Sounds like you won't be enjoying your Supra for three months. Good for you for joining and becoming a Supra owner, but you are going to hate damn near everything that you have to deal with during the 13.5 weeks that you've got coming up.

Best of luck!

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
got mine when i was 14 and a half. went to a guy 20 min away from my house. it was a 92 turbo auto sunroof bout 80000 miles. he wanted 7 but i got it for 5600:aigo: . it sat in da garage for a while (cause it was winter) and now i get my license in a couple months but im drivin wit my mom:1zhelp: . but i luv my car . the color is teal and that is #47 of 200. SSQ BOV 3'' HARD PIPE SO FAR......
LOL SOMIN FUNNY THE GUY I BAUGHT IT FROM CALLED ME DA NEXT DAY N OFFERED TRIPLE. I SAID NOPE

THE BEST THING BOUT DA CAR IS DA COMPLIMENTS DA LOOKS AND ITS A SUPRA.
LUV BEATIN HONDAS ON DA WEEKEND TO LOL:naughty:

suprasport91

GO BRUINS!!!
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle, Wa
Well i got mine about a year ago so i am now 18 so when i was 17, i got it for 6k(1991 Red turbo) , it currently has 67,000 miles on it, had 62,000....i want another one.....

Supra_brothers

Super Lurker
Oct 18, 2005
TX
was 18 friend found my car for $2,500 and it was bought out from under us and the guy came back and was like the a/c doesn't work and returned it and then i picked it up

aka Kactabigun

Aug 13, 2005
Newcastle England
My first Mk3 was at the ripe old age of 41. Had many cars in the past but nothing compares to the Supra. Love the shape, performance and the glances I get driving it. 43 now and have quite a collection. Me and the family attend car shows through out the year and have met many good friends through owning them. Even over the pond :icon_smil

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I was 16 when I bought mine. 16 and 10 months I think.(19 now) Just saw it sitting in a guys yard with a for sale sign on it, I didn't know what it was but I thought it looked cool, stopped and took a peak saw it was a Supra and was like "ooooo." Offered him $1500 for it(he advertised it for $1750) and the deed was done. I actually got very lucky on this: 110k miles, needed tires and wiper blades to pass inspection, and ran very smooth. After I got it through inspection did new plugs, wires and filters all around. Then I found i-supra, then I found SM, and have lurked at SF on and off the entire time. I think I have like 30 posts there or something haha. As of now the Supra has 152kmiles on it and all the mods in my profile.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i was 18 when i got my 86.5 N/A 5 speed. about a year or so later i spun a rod bearing. (was NOT low on oil, i change oil religiously at 2k miles, even using synthetic now, every 3k)

later that summer i ordered a JDM GTE, and started buying parts. i didnt want to put in any stock parts, so every new part i bought, was an upgraded part, which is why it took me so long to complete the project the first time. now i'm 21, and i swapped my car, and my mods are in my profile:)

-shaeff

Marcenator

Marc T.
Apr 29, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Well I was 30 when I got my first MKII 84. Had it a couple of years and sold it to buy house. Then at 39, midlife crisis started creeping in so I got an 86.5. At 40, this past Feb, when the midlife crisis thing kicked into full gear, sold the n/a and I got my 89 Turbo Targa. Life is good. For now. Hehe.

RedTurbo

Thank you, SM and CS.com!
Apr 3, 2005
Nashville,TN
Just turned 17 (still am) when I bought my 89T and I paid for it myself I'd saved since I was 15 for it. I'm also very proud of it, Even with the occasional problems!