How old were you when you got your first Supra?

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Wow this is awsome, didnt think this thread would go to 4 pages!! Great to see when people got thier first supra!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Supramatt90 said:
I got my first one a couple months after my 16th birthday and didn't drive it much until this summer now when I am 17. I bought my second one this summer and now that one is in pieces in my garage.

bona-fide Supra owner right there.... Tear that thing UP! :biglaugh:

Supra Sound

Supra Newbie
Jul 24, 2005
Stafford VA
i got mine when i was 13 and a half. I still remember how i got it. My dad had a 87 corvette project car that he said would give to me and when he told me that i said " I dont want a damn corvette" and my dad freaked out. I told him i wanted something that turned and i got my 90 turbo :)

Edit: i know some vettes can turn but the 87 was very front heavy and pushed ALOT.

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
i was 16 when i first got my supra it was an 89' NA but it got totaled out about two years after i had it :3d_frown: . about a month after the accident i was able enough to find anotherone just like it except it was turbo :icon_bigg man what a difference in power between the NA and the turbo

C

Chad

I was 15 when i bought a 86.5 for 200 dollars(bhg, no exhaust, and the clutch was out, but the body was perfect lol) but it was to go under a 7mgte swap, but that Land lady got pissed cuz it was sitting too long well i was saving money and i had to get rid of it... saving up for 89+ turbo hopefully by christmas/next summer ill have one.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
It was a crisp autumn afternoon of september me being the young man I was at the age of 17. Just sold my lovly 89 turbo probe and was out too the city for some car shopping. First car I went to look at was very very stoked about it. 87 turbo targa 5 speed supra. went to look at it and relised that for 6,000 dollars it was POS. But I loved it but my dad would not lend me the extra 2,000 that i need for something that shitty. So went on with my dad at looking at cars some 240sx, integras and some other cars. Well day was almost over and everything we looked at was a pos with something wrong. Finally I look at my last car on the list and its an 88 n/a hardtop. I Really wanted a turbo with a targa but though I would go look at this one anyways for fun. So drive up to c it parked and wow :love: . This car was minnnnntttt. IT had one clean body interior and a nicly rebuilt engine. Took it for a drive and it didn't have as much power as the turbo I had earler driven but still plenty to be able to make me happy. soon after that i was on my way to the gas station to fill up my new purchase. couple of young men around my age come to fill up my car and they all gather around and smile. First kid says so u bough the silver supra. And I go yeah. This car had actually been there best friends supra. They congraulated me on the purchases and went on to tell me the car was nothing but babied and was waxed almost every 2 weeks. SO owned that thing for about almost 8 months of the 5 or so IT sat parked due to the start of lovely canadian winter. then lovely spring araved and being in my senior year and was 18 now. I got the car out and she still ran like a dream. Then Decide it was time to go for the big time. Sold my car too some young chap who could not drive a stick if his life depened on it. Then With the money I had and saved it was off for a quest of a turbo and I wanted the so beautifuly taraga. Found a black 90 one day in the city. Owner was some young punk kid who was all in to god and bible study. Car had racing seats, glow guages, sound system, 3 inch downpipe, leather interio and some other goodies. The car was very dirty wen i went to c it but the interior and engine bay were clean. Car also had brand new jdm engine with 45,000 km on it. bought the car and brought it home. First month I had it ran great and everybody in town loved it and wanted to ride in it and race it. Then things took the turn for the worse. Car started leaking on rear diff and tranny wich called for a $700 repair. Just fixed that and then very next day car gets a BHG. The car now sits on the side of my houses waiting for the hg to get fixed and for majicaly for funds to appear. Im almost 19 now so I have owned 2 supras withing a year and that my friend is my life story summed up hahahaa.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Just hearing about the crisp autumn afternoon in September reminded me of that line. That and getting your first Supra - like a baby, whether it's you or the car.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Elvis - though Cartman was funny. Also, there is an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where he is singing that song while downstairs sweeping up on a Christmas morning.

Very good, very catchy song.

trdmk3supra

LVNBSTLFE
Mar 31, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
:evil2: I was 24 and still 24 and love the car even though she sits now waiting for the 1jzgte transplant. I am going to keep her as a hard top and its a 86.5 and later I want to buy a 90 to 92 supra targa top and turbo and oh yeah has to be a 5 speed HOLLA!!!!!!!!