How old were you when you got your first Supra?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
the supra goddess said:
18 when I got my 1st mkII....I'll be 24 on the 30th, I'm trying to get my 1st mkIII....but people keep buying them out from under me :cry:

Well if things don't turn out w/ my little project mkIII, I'll make sure and give ya first dibs....

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
thanks! but I've given up on doing anymore out-of-state travelling for my Sups, the last experience was horrible. Good luck w/ your projects :)

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
ive had three, all have been mkiii's i have a strong passion for the mkiii more than that of the mkiV. i got my first one at 16, second at 1 1/2 now im 17 about to go 18 in a month and im on my third. my first car was a supra and with my own money i was so proud of my self lol... i earned it and i was so happy!

glntom

Apr 13, 2005
Glenwood, AR
IJ. said:
LOL there were a couple older last time we had a "What's you age" thread running ;)

Age is relative, when the wastegate opens, and my BIC ddp sounds off I "feel" 16 ..................

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
CtSupra said:
cool, this thread brought out some zero post count newbies! c'mon you lurkers... post!

I don't have a mkIII yet so nothing much to post about, just read read read :icon_bigg

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i bought my mkIII when i was 16 years old with 6 years worth of paperroute money. drove a ford tempo previously and when i bought my car i drove it to the garage and parket it cus it was snowing. the car sat brand new in my garage for 4 months before i was allowed by my parents to drive it. (insurance) i took it out a few times when i had scouted arround making sure the roads were above 40 F. and clear of snow i remember it was 11pm both my parents were doing graveyard shifts my little borther went to bed and i rolled my supra out of the garage for the first time a month after i had bought it (i had just stared at it and idled it without ever putting it in gear) i took it out about 5 blocks from my house to a clear stretch of road and saw the spedometer barely above zero but it was at 30 so i thought ok its clear....

i got on it and the rpms rose slightly then BAM TURBO i seriously got white knuckles having not known such power coming from a tempo and i held it and i was blown away when i realized i hit 80 mph and i almost shit myself drove straight home parked it in garage and just sat there with it idleing realizing what i had bough, it took a month for it to dawn on me how great the car really was.

now im 18, i know every corner of the car and am looking for another, parents dont like the idea of me having/ wanting a sports car ( dad says get a nissan frontier) but i cant help but remember the first time i drove it. i want more.

northsupra

Normally Insane
Mar 30, 2005
Norway
i was 18 when i bought it. Had it for 2 years now.
Remember the test drive as it was yesterday.
When i juped inn to the drivers seat and saw up on the dash, i was like damn it's huge. Did alot of pulls up to 110mph and the my dad said. thats not testing it so he jumped behind the wheel and the rest is history.
The car was ok, but has some issues that i'll have to fix (hey it's a mk3).

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
was 17, bought it it sat for 2 months didnt have the $$ for insurance.
19 now so thats
17X43-700+60-10+21-100=2
yea yea thrreee years?

and kids remember having sex in the supra is like doing it in a coffin, no matter how much you move around you can't do it doggy style.

only u can prevent the gas prices from going down, drive a supra.

L

lanky189

1989MKIII said:
i was 20, when i got my MKIII...and at that time, and still, it is the fastest car ive had...gf hates it.."caz its to small" but oh well..its not hers.LoL

L8ter

justin

ok that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard...does she ride in the back seat?

is she used to a hummer?

Are b-52's "just about right?"

if any of the above questions you answered "yes" to, leave her, immedieately..

or..get a 73 celica..make her ride in that at 110 slicing up traffic on the interstate...she'll flock to the supra like its the god of spacious vehicles.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
yeah, really. i had a friend (a highly trusted friend) drive the mkiii before just so i can sit in the passenger seat. of course i do the usual pull the seat all the way back like i always do when i ride passenger, and there's ample room for my 5' 11" ass. i actually didn't realize how spacious the passenger seat is. it's huge. very comfortable. makes me not have to worry about the passengers comfort level in the supra. :)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
CtSupra said:
yeah, really. i had a friend (a highly trusted friend) drive the mkiii before just so i can sit in the passenger seat. of course i do the usual pull the seat all the way back like i always do when i ride passenger, and there's ample room for my 5' 11" ass. i actually didn't realize how spacious the passenger seat is. it's huge. very comfortable. makes me not have to worry about the passengers comfort level in the supra. :)

lol, my cusin loves my cars passenger seat, says its perfect for him, hes 6' 7", 280lbs, so if there is plenty of room for his ass then ur GF can definitly sit in the passenger seat.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
i got mine last holloween. my birthday is oct 21st, just turned 18. so mine could also have been a late birthday present. drove 200 miles to get it. that was about 6 years of savings from working crappy jobs spent in a day. it was worth it. it was stock when i got it. now it has: all new silicon hoses, bic dp, spec clutch, brembo rotors, ss lines, pads, hks mhg, arp's, bosch 110, and the turbo is being rebuilt with a 50 trim as i type this. not bad for a few months work i think. boost rocks.

M

Makavelli

Damn, well at least I ain't the oldest cat round here...

I just bought my first Supra 2 weeks ago..I'm 27. Maybe it's a midlife crisis..."Crisis" apparantly bein the key word with these things!