How many MPG do you get on your supra?

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
One thing to keep in mind if your in pursuit of Mpg’s is tire air pressure The higher the pressure the less rolling resistance, but the tire wears out in the center due to ballooning. Also stock width tires are going to give you the best Mpg’s, the wider they are the more rolling friction there is and the less Mpg’s. I chose 245/50-16 for my mk3 so I would get a decent amount of tire tread on the ground and some extra diameter for more Mpg’s on the highway. The other plus with the taller tires during normal driving is now I can get all the way across an intersection, past the crosswalk before I have to shift into second. On the stock tire size I had to be in second before I ever got to the other side of the intersection. I get around 20/25 on my recent JDM 7MGE swap, on the freeway at 80 I get my best Mpg.
Rick

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Jspec7m88 said:
^^^"Less" power potential? Then why are people that are going to dyno or run at the track use high octane (114, 110, etc).???

Sorry, "less power potential" means less chemical energy in a given volume of fuel. The higher octane fuel is safer though (less likely to detonate,) so people can run more boost, burn MORE fuel, and make more power, even though the fuel is slightly 'weaker'.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I've been pretty close to the EPA rating lately: 16 to 17 around town and to work, and a solid 23 on the 140 mile roundtrips on the occassional trips to the lake on the weekend. Of course, I'm still pretty much stock on a recent JDM swap, but that will change.