How many MPG do you get on your supra?

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Tony Mawad said:
I do believe that NA's would have slightly better mileage because of their higher compression motors. That is a feature of higher compression: better gas mileage.

N/A's have a higher gear ratio of the rear end. Comparing apples to oranges unless everything else is equal.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Hmmm, I wonder what my car's going to get with 3 to 4 inch catless exhaust, 3 inch ic piping, front mount, ffi and n/a pistons............ I'd love to hit a 25mpg average, but I don't see that happening until hell freezes. Either that or until my right foot falls off.....

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
D34DC311 said:
lol, before i got my car tuned up i could say i was getting like 17 mpg Max. so yea SOME NAs have better gas mileage. but mine didnt at the time.

i'm in the same boat as you....my N/A gets about 15 city, 19 highway, but then again it's running pig rich.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i just put gas in it when it gets low... i dont give a damn how many miles i can go before my next fill-up, so long as when i mash my foot to the floor, i hear a wicked whistle, and am forced back into my seat.

if i want gas mileage, i'll drive my '94 toyota 4x4... :)

-shaeff

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
23-25 mpg with Lex AFM, 550s, 3" DP and catback running slightly more than stock boost. That's driving somewhat "normally", ie; only getting on it occasionally during freeway on-ramps, passing, ect. Then again, I own a 5 gas analyzer and the car gets checked out twice a year with even the slightest problems being repaired.

Btw, if everything is working right the amount left in the tank after the low fuel light comes on should be around 2.5-3 gallons. This amount isn't arbitrary, it's mandated by US regulation.

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
befor my gas mialge was 400 420 a tank

mods

high comp 7mgte
ct 26 57 trim
ffi
npr ic
680 injetors
ss lex afm
apexi
afpr
custom cams
4.30 diff
light weight fly wheel
alumin drive shaft
3050 pound car

and many more

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
well i currently have the intake, bov, bic ddp, test pipe and nur spec exhaust and i am getting 12mpg now. i have got my injectors cleaned by rc engineering, brand new toyota o2 sensor, new denso iridium spark plugs, new wires, tire pressure is at 34psi, none of my brakes are sticking. im clueless on why my mpg is so bad. now the thing that worries me is after i installed the bic ddp people said my boost should increase to 9-10 psi but im still at 7psi but i have no boost leaks. is there anything else i can do to try and increase my mpg?

thanks

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
psifactor said:
just out of curisoity how is torquing down a head going to give you better gas mileage?
Well I was under the impression that if you have a torqued down head, which will give you higher compression, which = better gas mileage.