How I spent this months allowance .......

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I have a photographic memory and can remember a part number like a roll-o-dex.

But Toyotworld.com is a good place for you mere mortals! :naughty: :sarcasm:

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I got one of those memory upgrades on order. Last I heard it was on a world wide back-order with no release date.

Off to play with the mortals. :D

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Been making some progress the last couple of days. Fabbing up the mounts on my new IC. Using my parts shell to mock them up on.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also replacing a leaking rack & pinion while the engine was out of the chassis.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Wraping the DDP with exhaust wrap to keep the underhood temp down.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Then to wind the evening down, I dropped the engine and tranny into the chassis.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Now starts all the fun of hooking everything up and bringing the IC over to the car and routing the IC pipes.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Kckazdude;1086982 said:

When I first saw this I thought to myself, "Holy shit I thought my rebuild outside in the winter under a makeshift tarp was primitive..."

Then realized this was your parts car, lol.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Haha....No my build isnt anywhere near the nightmare that Lucy was for you. That is a comical read now. Im sure it was very stressful back then however.

Had a small setback this morning. I gotta pull my dash out!!
Was hooking things up when I get to the CC unit. Discover I only have one plug coming out of the body. The turbo cc needs 3. So I get to pull the main harness out, make a few repairs to the one I pulled from my parts car and rethread it in.

The only good thing is I might look for a supermonitor later on down the road. Since now I reluctantly have the harness for it. And the windsheild squirters. And a front aux fan. And damn all the work in this heat!!!!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Well that sucks! The ability to run a super moniter and have the front washers is kinda cool though.

Yes the heat in my building at work is killing me! Sheet metal buildings with no ventalation FTL!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Carpets look great. For the minimal amount of work it takes to take them out, and scrub and dry them, the reward is great.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Looking good! You could have droped your carpets off with me and I would have done the flood car treatment on them. Takes 24 hours, but they look/smell new after!

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Still busy on this thing. Mounted the IC and piping. Got everything routed and wired how I wanted in the engine compartment.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Fired the car up tonite and it purrs like a kitten. Now I have to finish building my instrument cluster and put my interior back together. Should be in the exhaust shop next week getting finished up.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
ms07s;1121925 said:

Indeed.

Facime;1121935 said:
nicccce!

(bout time ;))

I was secretly hoping you would come finish it for me. Since I was tired of waiting, I just did my damn self.

RockPaperSwoRD;1122316 said:
really impressed with that setup from n/a to turbo gj

Thank you. It has been quite the learning expirience for me.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Come pick up this rad so you can get it rolling.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Not perfect A1 shape, but you can't really argue with free can you?

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Finally have it back on the road. Tommorrow I will take it to the exhaust shop and have my exhaust pipes and muffler hung. Open downpipe sounds really cool for the first few minutes but gets old really fast. Transmission shifts really hard. Usually chirping into 2nd gear. Guess I got it right the first time. Now the only problem I have is boost cut. Damn thing boosts just over 12 PSI and falls on its face. Then spools up really fast and does it again. I cant even baby the car over 5500 RPM with hitting boost cut. Also have to rebuild my clutch fan. Should have done it while it was apart but didnt really give it much thought.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
11lbs is about the limit of the stock ECU then you tread dangerously from there. How are you controlling boost again?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Then you have a problem with your wastegate. If its not shimmed it shouldnt be boosting more than 8lbs. I would check the signal line going to it, make sure its not pinched or leaking and verfy that putting 10-12lbs of pressure to the gate that it opens.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
The full exhuast system helped my boost cut issue a little. I can just make it to 6000 RPM now before I hit it. Actuator is connected properly with good hose. Appears to be working properly with no hang-ups. I cant acuratley gauge the pressure to open it as my regulator wont allow me to go lower than 20 PSI.