How do you beat depression?

SnowMongoose

May 20, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Good luck!
<main thing to keep in mind, whichever way it goes, change is the only thing that will get you out of the depression, be it with the lady, work, car, school, or whatever.>

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
s383mmber1 said:
I was going through a tuff time in my life for a while.

I smoked some pot, did some more drugs and im as happy as anyone now!

Its probably all the rock crap music your listening to.

Listen to some good trance. Itll only help ya.

York - the awakening
GMS - Juice

Whatever you do, don't listen to one thing this stupid kid says!^^Believe it or not, your diet has alot to do with how you deal with things in life. Chemical imbalances in the brain can cause clinnical depression. anti-depressants work, but at a price to other areas of your life, i;e...sex, and sleep. I know this sounds weird, but whenever you feel remotely like your are just wallowing in 'self pity', watch a TV show about physically disabled people. Or, better yet, go to a childrens burn unit in your local hospital. Some of the bravest souls on our planet reside in places like the afforementioned. kinda' helps put your life in perspective.
Hope this helps you a little. I've been there many times myself. Illicit drugs and alcohol, are definately not the answer!:nono:

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
heres what i do if i need a good kick i go out and buy a few fireworks screecharos or roman candles hammer them up(CAREFULLY THEY WILL BLOW UP) now take something you hate /cant stand and paint it on a pumpkin or type of large fruit no stick said explosive pour a little disoel on it litte the fuse and run like hell turn around and watch it go up in a rather large buff of smoke

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
one sure fire way to beat depression and consequently attain enlightenment is through meditation. you have to learn to let go of your ego.

but before you can even do that, you must be able to recognize what your ego really is.

LSD therapy would be extremely useful (and even more so as a treatment for alcoholism) but unfortunatly this is currently illegal in the US.

now the point is, while you may not become a yogi master or whatever, you may learn to recognize where this feeling comes from and be able to let go of it.

check out deoxy.org for some great reading.

suicidal? if you are, quit dropping signs to your friends because really they dont know what to do anymore than you do.

if you find your self in state of mind where you are contemplating suicide, just call 911 and tell them where you are.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
lagged said:
LSD therapy would be extremely useful (and even more so as a treatment for alcoholism) but unfortunatly this is currently illegal in the US.

Thank you for furthing my concept.

It works. May not be the best solution and not for everyone. But it works. Period

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
s383mmber1 said:
Thank you for furthing my concept.

It works. May not be the best solution and not for everyone. But it works. Period

lsd used in a controlled environment with professionals and EXTENSIVE preparation could help ANYONE.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
lagged said:
lsd used in a controlled environment with professionals and EXTENSIVE preparation could help ANYONE.

That was my first response in this thread. And all i got was yelled at and a whole lotta NEG rep.

That was teh intension for many drugs.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
CryoSlash said:
Perhaps, but your nonsense is cluttering up this thread way more then i am.

Your CLEARLY trying to pick fights with me. Just stop. I posted my opinion.

And its not for you to judge. Thats all.

Stop trying to fight with me.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
CryoSlash said:
man trance sucks :rofl:
why even bother listening to music that repaets one beat over and over?
Every genre of music has a repeated beat. If you think trance is only a beat that repeats over and over, you don't know what you're talking about anyway. :)

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Whenever I'm depressed I get in the car and find a nice windy road, go for a big drive to clear my head.

Nothing more adrenalin pumping then sliding the car around on the limit. Your much more concerned about maintaining control of the car the worryign about things happening outside the car.

Alcohol is not the answer it just numbs the pain and makes everything alot worse in the long run.