Gurley's 92 Teal 2JZ Project

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
AEM V2 is actually supposed to be good on safety features. I spoke to Aaron about it and he said it can stop ignition if fuel pressure drops or oil pressure too. Also, it has boost control and preventative features for that as well. It should be getting updates to do a flex fuel setup like ProEFI.

I asked Aaron if it could do the auto adjustment based on ethanol content and he said "no," but stated you shouldn't want a standalone to do anything on it's own which makes sense. I rather tune for E85 instead of tuning for both and have the EMS interpolate between maps. Then again, I haven't really seen a lot of E85 stations in NY.

Where are You getting your lines from?

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
anfittingsdirect.com

I dont understand whats bad about an ecu being able to compensate with the mix of the two different fuels? If it is able to calculate what needs to be done then what is the harm? Isnt that basically what the flex fuel systems have been doing for years on cars and now that technology has now spread to the after market world?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I get what you are saying but I believe Aaron was trying to explain that he would not want to take that chance. OEM systems are extremely different than the aftermarket. They spend millions fine tuning their computers to compensate for everything. That is the reason why your car starts fine in 100+F or -15F temperatures. If that was on a standalone, you would have to retune and then take altitude and air temperature into consideration as well.

Not trying to confuse you, if I did by not explain it well, I could see if Aaron could respond here.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
I understand what you are saying, Im just saying that aftermarket standalones have also come along way by relying on some of the OEM equipment. I know nothing is better than the stock ecu. The Proefi uses adaptive learning that is in a sense better than the open loop and closed loop technology that is offered in the ecu's that we used for our motors. This is the reason why that it is able to mix the two fuels accurately. Well see how well it will run in my car when I get it installed after summer and go from there.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Well finally carpeted my hatch area so that looks nice again, Also got my AN fitting in for the hanger that Im building for the fuel system and the lines will be here tomorrow. Enjoy

p1689146_1.jpg

p1689146_2.jpg

p1689146_3.jpg

p1689146_4.jpg

p1689146_5.jpg

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Hahaha wow....Sorry I enjoy music when I drive. Its only a walmart speaker that just gives the needed amount of bass for songs. The supra speakers are too small to make any

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
gurley0916;1689151 said:
Hahaha wow....Sorry I enjoy music when I drive. Its only a walmart speaker that just gives the needed amount of bass for songs. The supra speakers are too small to make any

I know. I plan on doing a small system in my car. I want to keep it simple. Four channel amp and four speakers. My car came with an XM Radio ready Alpine radio. :D

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Thanks Clint Were gonna have some sick JZ cars here in AZ by the end of the year

Thats the same system I have in my car. nothing overkill just nicely balanced for something to listen to on the long commutes

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You got it from the same anfittings site? They look like good lines but can they hold E-85, not sure if you posted about it. I always have a hard time installing those lines on the -AN fittings because of the braided hoses sticking my finger and flaring and looking sloppy.

I just go to a hyradulic hose shop, tell them the fittings on each end and what the hose is for, and they make it for me. How was the install?

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Ya i have a little experiece with AN fittings so they dont bother me. The line is PTFE (teflon) and is resistant to pretty much any fluid especially e85 hence why I purchased it. Yes those fittings were purchased on the same site. Havent installed it yet and wont be for a while just piecing the fuel system together. When proefi goes in I will be doing fuel as well.

gurley0916

Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Id rather not discuss as it is a private decision...thanks for asking though just dont feel comfortable telling everyone on a public forum.