Group A's group a rebuild

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Yeah That Had Crossed My Mind Still Undecided As To What To Do There Got To Cut My Manifold Up Yet Want Raise The Turbo About 5 Inches And Bring It Forward 6 Inches To Get Clearence For Downpipe Then Look At The Airfilter Else It Aint Going To Work Full Stop
Desperatley Want To Make It The Quickest And Most Powerfull Road Legal Mkiii World Wide
So Have Also Stripped Everthing Out Of It No Inner Bumpers Rooflining Sound Deading Nothing Target Is 1krwhp 1250kg Weight
What You Think

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's going to be a juggling act to get the 42 in there being RHD!

I'd even consider a forward mount so it sits out where the stock airbox was.

Not sure how much weight can be removed but 1250 seems awefully light for a Mk3! (Think mines closer to 1750 ;) )

If you can get it to 1250 and 1000hp it's going to be awesome!

What is the intended use?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LOL I repeat "traction is going to be a problem" ;)

Can't think of road tires that will even go close to hooking 1000 hp up!

Slicks at the strip should do the job and at your goals I think it's going to be close with the Rolla if he launches hard!

I'm really looking forard to more of this build and maybe some video of the WindMill winding up!!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Very Funny The Windmill Will Do Just Fine As For Traction 285/30/18 Rear 265/35/18 Front Yokahama's Not Ordered Them Yet Spent 5k Uk Money On It Last 2 Months If You Know What I Mean So Parts As Cash Avaliable Job In All Fairness Ran 500rwhp On Yokis That Are On At Min 225/50/16 And Wasnt As Bad As You Might Think
I Know Ill Consult The Windmill

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Hmmmm still not so sure on the traction!

I had a Crower injected 427 BBChev way back when and had no chance hooking it up with 295/50/15's!

@ 100 KPH in drive it would light the rears at will and I doubt it was making much over 600 at the wheels!

Going to be real interesting anyway!
(Almost to the poing of dropping over for a look once it's done!)
(know exactly what you mean about the $ I've dropped a bundle in the last few months)

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Well If You Want A Week In Er Not Quite So Warm Weather You Are Welcome
Traction Er See What Happens When It Runs Long Way Away Yet If You Know What I Mean
Dont Want To Buy My T04e With Adapter Plate Do You
Only Kidding
Dam Car Is Going To Ruin Me
Got All Supension To Change Again
And Cant Even Look At Brakes Till Get 18" Wheels Cause Wont Fit Expensive Brakes Aint They

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Spent some time in the UK when I was younger so I understand the not so warm weather ;)!

Pass on the adaptor!!

It will take time and as you're finiding when you get above the 500ish hp level EVERYTHING is a factor and you can't cut corners!
(Speed costs! how fast do you want to go?)

I get a laugh at a lot of guys that think 600+ is going to be as easy as bolting on a big arse turbo!

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
Tell Me About It Good Years Worth Of Work Yet And Been On It Nearly One Now Wish It Was That Easy Took Ages To Make Inlet Manifold
Exhaust Took 3 Weeks As Well But It Will Be Worth It In The End I Hope
Well It Will Be But Need To Put About 10k Into It Yet English Money Decided Its Not Done Till Its Done If You Knoe What I Mean It Will Proabaly Owe Me 50 K In The End
To Hell With It Cant Buy A Performance Car Out Showroom That Will Do What This Does When Done So I Shall Plough On

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
well i dropped on the parts by accident really in the uk you know you hear a rumour turns out not to be true this turned out to be spot on a deal was struck and the only part which i regret noe that i did not have is the magnesium sump and hey presto here we are

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
group a supra said:
Desperatley Want To Make It The Quickest And Most Powerfull Road Legal Mkiii World Wide

Not gonna happen if i have anything to say about it :)

Project looks good man, cant wait to see the #s.

Chris-Supra

Apr 1, 2005
Minneapolis/Lakeville, Minnesota
Hell yes I approve, about time we get more guys stepping up to making big power, aside from the usuals that is. I'll be going with a biggerish turbo this winter hopefully- an sp63 I'm thinking. 500rwhp shouldnt be too hard with it.

group a supra said:
thanks chris ill bear that in mind when im trying to squeeze it in if i find an extra couple of mm ill let you know who elses car it's in
take it you approve then

However, I do like this twin 42's idea....