Gauging Interest : Complete Custom made dahboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
well, yeah, it's not going to be a perfect fit design with all of the right dimensions, but at least he could get some ideas from people.

i'm partial to the idea of completely different looking dashboards, i love our stock ones, but i would like to see some designs people come up with and ofcourse the finished product before i even think about becoming interested.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Yes....all i need is a pic of stock dash and you can cut, copy and paste or play around with it on the software....Just to see what it looks like.

I wont worry bout the acutal dimensions of the dash. That i can worry later on...I can do a engineering drawing on paper for it myself at work. But I do not think i need a proper engineering drawing for it now.

For now just different possible designs that would suit the Supra...

Cheers,
Roy

M

Makavelli

tte said:
Hi all,
Yes, it will be a full dashboard...from door to door...and yes that is my intend...shipped to you all ready to install...

I too like the idea of the shifter up higher like the armrest - Northsupra.
The armrest portion will be separate like the stock one and will have to be assembled.

Things i will need to decide is what people want added or not or omitted form it. I think the coin box or whatever it is besides the tems switch panel is a waste of space so I would like that removed. The long portion on the passengers sides that holds the air vent would be removed..keepin the air vent of course. I want to include channel or allowances for wiring to be run
under and into the engine back. Then you can just push a matching cover on top to hide the wiring.

I presume that people who will be wanting this custom dash would not want any of the stock setup right?

What about the stock glove box? Do you guys want this omitted or changed to hold gauges or your playstations or dvd players?

How many more people would be really interested? I need a definate count to seriously think bout this...

Let me know people. And yes i do have paypal but hold off all the money business until all is finalized.

Cheers,
Roy

Can you put a cup holder in it? All the Japanese cars from this era have no place to but bee---uh, coffee. That'd be great.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
If your interested in tte running with this, give your input on the design (pictures of another cars' dash would be great) . More of a cockpit, whatever, it doesn't matter just give your ideas. We need to come up with a happy medium right from the start, as this is a large project for both design & fabrication aspects.

Also, if you have intentions of buying one, please say so now. I haven't spoke with tte about anything yet, but I'm sure he'd like to have some idea as to how many are interested. If there isn't enough intrest, I certainly don't want to go any farther.

M

Makavelli

rakkasan said:
If your interested in tte running with this, give your input on the design (pictures of another cars' dash would be great) . More of a cockpit, whatever, it doesn't matter just give your ideas. We need to come up with a happy medium right from the start, as this is a large project for both design & fabrication aspects.

Also, if you have intentions of buying one, please say so now. I haven't spoke with tte about anything yet, but I'm sure he'd like to have some idea as to how many are interested. If there isn't enough intrest, I certainly don't want to go any farther.

I really liked the interior of the 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S. I'm plannin on coping the style to my Supra. I'd be interested, but it may be several months down the road before I am at that point in my project, so I'll go to the back of the line.

bluemax

The Family Man
Mar 30, 2005
Orange County, CA
Good point Markavelli,
I did notice that the Mk III has no cup holders.
Other things new vehicles have the the Mk II doesn't is multiple cig. lighter outlets.
Sunglasses case and garage opener holders, although thats usually overhead.
Different switches, and may be some blank places or places under the dash to put a couple more. I use an added switch for a manual over ride on my electric fan and my valet alarm switch.
Blank places for guages (so you don't need a side guage pod, although I have one) or places for those 1/2 DIN or what ever they call those HKS turbo timer and EVC boxes.
Lets see........what else would people use?

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Hi all,

I have got a spare dashboard and i have looked at it closely.

I really think I can pull this off....100% sure.
I bought a book on customizing car interiors and will try to post pics.

A cupholder is a good idea..I will change the big old buttons which we have.

I will write more on this after work today...

Cheers,
Roy

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
rakkasan, micro station sucks, lol, im using the damn thing right now for electrical and a little mech drafting. sounds like a plan, i am ok with Maya, but good with 3dsmax, bit rusty tho, havent touched it in like 5 months. ill try and throw something together.
i need some input tho, so far we have cup holder and high shifter. what else like. is it going to be modern or basic. or high tech looking AKA some starwars crazy lookin shit.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
D34DC311 said:
rakkasan, micro station sucks, lol, im using the damn thing right now for electrical and a little mech drafting. sounds like a plan, i am ok with Maya, but good with 3dsmax, bit rusty tho, havent touched it in like 5 months. ill try and throw something together.
i need some input tho, so far we have cup holder and high shifter. what else like. is it going to be modern or basic. or high tech looking AKA some starwars crazy lookin shit.

MIcrostation rocks! There is nothing I can't do, although my 3d modeling skills haven't been used in a few years.

I'm no too concerned with the small stuff like cupholders, I'm looking for ideas on the overall design. I like cars that have a molded dash and center console, kinda like the DSM's. Let's get a rough sketch together first.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
integra dash is nice, MK4 dash is nice. lots of nice dashes out there. Ours looks like crap, so go for it.

I need a new dash anyways, mine is cracked to shit

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
well i kinda like the cockpit feel that the mkiv gives the driver how ever thing is kind of pointed and angles towards the driver another thing i like is have you seen the gauges of the mazda 3 and 6 i like the style simeple yet clean.. but thats just my input..

tte

Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
That was my feeling too...
I like the mk4 dash...everything facing the driver.

Well, is that a good plan to agree on...the dash will be changed to face the driver like the mk4 style.?????

Cheers,
Roy

Korg77

Mar 31, 2005
Moscow
if somebody have an idea - i can draw it in 3dmax.
But what's about me - i going to order mk4 dash and will try to integrate it with mkIII's..

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ok, everyone find pics of ur favorite dash and start to post them. so we can get some ideas. i think this will help Roy a lot, if we know what we will be shooting for.

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
very interested to see the first design. now that i think about, i don't think i would like it any other way than an Mkiv style'd dash.

i don't know if it's possible, but it would be kind of cool to have an opening made to put the digital odometer from the Mkiv into.

also, it would be cool to have a bigger opening for a bigger digital clock in the dash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.