Gas War Join The Resistance!!!!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mods i dont think this should go in OT but if u think it does then move it please also could we get this sticked it is effecting us all.

this was sent to me in an email and im sure some of u have gotten it too but i thought this might work. this effects everyone. so please take 3mins to read it.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon
by the summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE
SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was
going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at
that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by
refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it
was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come
up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking
gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is
currently $2.09 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil
companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the
cost! of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more
each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are
going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the
pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that WITHOUT
hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just
stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all
act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY
gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON
and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to
reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies
will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach
literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple
to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and
I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)....and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and
! pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....
THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If
you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to
do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just
aren't a mathematician. But I am .... so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people
could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet
you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting
together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD
OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM
DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I dont buy from them anyways...disel from the local gas station is 20 cents cheaper so thats what I use...(in my f250)

B

Boostaddctn

NickSupra said:
Will never work.

Yup, gasoline is a necessity, meaning there will always be people buying gas, you have to be really dumb to think that you not buying gas for a day would affect anything because people who work DRIVE, and people who DRIVE need gas, if they don't fill up that means they are out of WORK... and I really doubt boycotting those companies would help anything... this thread belongs in OT... and lay off the welfare, $3 a gallon really isn't that bad (considering some around here run race gas daily 4.29/gallon), it will eventually go down, in they bay its already over $3 a gallon and I havn't heard anyone complaining yet... aight peace

streetknight

rip ssb
Mar 30, 2005
melbourne, fl
this will not work for 2 reasons ppl are idiots, and gas stations non mobile/sunoco will hick up their prices and then we will feel it even more. oh and that thing off not buying for 1 day is reall fing stupid, for the reasons that the day before/after ppl buy like crazy so they make up the losses in those days.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
90suprat said:
Yup, gasoline is a necessity, meaning there will always be people buying gas, you have to be really dumb to think that you not buying gas for a day would affect anything because people who work DRIVE, and people who DRIVE need gas, if they don't fill up that means they are out of WORK... and I really doubt boycotting those companies would help anything... this thread belongs in OT... and lay off the welfare, $3 a gallon really isn't that bad (considering some around here run race gas daily 4.29/gallon), it will eventually go down, in they bay its already over $3 a gallon and I havn't heard anyone complaining yet... aight peace

u did read it all didnt u
he said that the boycott for one day didnt work.
this is something that might work if all of the large companies get no costomers then they will have to drop their prices lower than the small compainies.
u all understand now?
and 90suprat no offense, but WTF is with u and welfare, i make $15 an hour i work my ass off to own my supra because i love it. u must be rich as fuck to say shit like this, so lay off the welfare statements, just because you have a bunch of border jumpers over there in CA doesnt mean u can say everyone is one welfare.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Bert always mentions welfare... he's just looking out for his fellow mk3 owners... Bert's not on welfare...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ckanderson said:
Bert always mentions welfare... he's just looking out for his fellow mk3 owners... Bert's not on welfare...
how is he looking out for us when he doesnt consider 87-88s Supras, everything that someone says about prices he throws out welfare like every fuckin person cept him is on it. really pisses me off.
if he would just make a legit statement insead of welfare this and welfare that.
damn.

-ok im done.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
so what ur saying is my 87 NA is a celica yet it looks nothing like a celica, what ur saying is that Dr.J's 87 NA-T is a celica. what u are saying is that Lankys 87 is a celica. please find me a pic of the celica then of the 87-88 they dont look like celica. the engines in the 87-92 SUPRAS are 7Ms so how is it that they 87-88 are celicas just doesnt make much sence to me.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
D34DC311 said:
so what ur saying is my 87 NA is a celica yet it looks nothing like a celica, what ur saying is that Dr.J's 87 NA-T is a celica. what u are saying is that Lankys 87 is a celica.

Yes. Please register on the celica forums.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
:wtf: :3d_frown:
no love huh. im not goin to argue cause i know there are plenty of people out there who own supras and will disagree with u totally. both of u.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I do hope you realize im just fucking with you... I used to own a TURBO 87.. N/A's though it's hard to have love for when people claim they are fast....

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Ckanderson said:
I do hope you realize im just fucking with you... I used to own a TURBO 87.. N/A's though it's hard to have love for when people claim they are fast....
O
well umm....
:asshole:
lol
well makes me feel better now.
and NA's i own one and they are fun to drive i consider them "fast" but not i can whip ur ass fast. NA's are more of a fun ride. get where im comin from.
1/2NA-T soon. this summer everyone best get ready for some questions. :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr

B

Boostaddctn

D34DC311 said:
u did read it all didnt u
he said that the boycott for one day didnt work.
this is something that might work if all of the large companies get no costomers then they will have to drop their prices lower than the small compainies.
u all understand now?
and 90suprat no offense, but WTF is with u and welfare, i make $15 an hour i work my ass off to own my supra because i love it. u must be rich as fuck to say shit like this, so lay off the welfare statements, just because you have a bunch of border jumpers over there in CA doesnt mean u can say everyone is one welfare.

tissue.jpg

Please stop crying...