From a Dig? Or a Roll?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
lowtaco;1650656 said:
And I think there is an old saying "whats the difference between a 500hp Supra and a 700hp Supra, nothing cause they both run 12's" No matter what the vehicle if its fast I give em props, but it has been said time and time again Supra owners are an embarassment to there name. Dont get me wrong there are some fast guys here but the majority are far from there potential just because of there driving skills.

Truth

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I can't really argue with ya there lowtaco, most Supra owners aren't drag racers I suspect. Hell, first time that I've ever been to a track was in October, and I managed a 13.5@104 on a full weight car on street tires, 2.1 60', all while sleeping at the light. This was at 320whp, and I know with a bit of practice I could be in the high 12's. That said, I really don't understand what's so hard about getting these cars off the line?

Oh, and Falken, there's really no difference in launching an n/a vs a turbo car, just with a turbo you're going to have a lot more torque to deal with, so a bit more precision is required if you don't have the grip to handle the power.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Two steps help if you have a manual or a stall for you auto guys. And DR's or slicks is a must.
I manage to cut 1.92's on 255/50 BFG's launching at 4500 with no two step, stock clutch holds great for now. And I just have the basic's, intake, intercooler, exhaust, SAFC.

May I add that time isnt far off from my best to date. 13.7 @ 102, this was before the radials. Ive only run 1/8 mile with them and had a few probs so I had to shut down.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The last time i was at the track with my current car. i couldnt get a good run.. Tires were either bogging or spinning, then it would break up spark in every gear. Running the way it was i still trapped 14.3 @ 106, with a shitty 2.4 60' haha.....btw it leaned out after the track and melted a hole in the piston(Damn non-selfcalibrating Widebands..). BFg Comp t/a 245 45. W58 act extreme ff clutch with no name stage 3 pp and Fidanza fly. and yes r154 trans:).(Powersoup)

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
damn i wish i had a daily driver... i wanna use my supra at the track and gutter it out and do crazy stuff with it, but for now im using it as a daily lol.

boostinprine

Nov 6, 2007
Carbondale, IL
roll racing is a car race, drag racing is a drivers race. No shit you have no traction on the street. The mildest setup will spin anything on the street. its called pedal'n and driving the car, not just flat foot driving that your little brother can do.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Falken;1651196 said:
damn i wish i had a daily driver... i wanna use my supra at the track and gutter it out and do crazy stuff with it, but for now im using it as a daily lol.
I beat the hell out of my car all spring and summer. Granted its not my daily but I am so amazed at how much these cars will hold up to, I mean multiple 4500 rpm clutch drops on radials and the clutch still holds.

boostinprine;1651198 said:
roll racing is a car race, drag racing is a drivers race. No shit you have no traction on the street. The mildest setup will spin anything on the street. its called pedal'n and driving the car, not just flat foot driving that your little brother can do.
^^ Word.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
lowtaco;1651224 said:
I beat the hell out of my car all spring and summer. Granted its not my daily but I am so amazed at how much these cars will hold up to, I mean multiple 4500 rpm clutch drops on radials and the clutch still holds.

^^ Word.

X2

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Zach;1650061 said:
That's just like saying drag racing isn't real racing, it's handicap racing for people who can't brake or turn. You know full well the compromises that have to be made to set a car up for drag racing. Most people don't want a car JUST for drag racing, which is where roll racing comes in. Not everybody with 700+ hp wants a backhalved solid axle car on full slicks.
I do :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

My opinion.......real men go from a dig...............Keep the racing on the track.........older you get the more you have to lose..........just my opinion

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
No shit Dave? Should try putting a block under your pedal. :biglaugh:

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
te72;1651877 said:
No shit Dave? Should try putting a block under your pedal. :biglaugh:

Or a nice throttle stop lol!
32730.jpg

msimsi10

Jun 28, 2009
Novi, MI
It depends on if I want to win right away (roll) of if I want the other guy to think he's gonna win and then smoke them in the end (dig)

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Ill do both but i rather have a dig, Ive beaten so many cars that shouldnt have lost to a stock supra purely because the owners cant drive out of the hole.