From a Dig? Or a Roll?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Devin LeBlanc;1643362 said:
Are you serious? I just applied for that plate in nevada.. I guess Ill get something else.. Don't want to steel A Hero's plate :)
You can get it as well. I got the idea from Noah over in Missississississississippi. Nobody ever understands my plates though. They think it says Farmerall........wtf.......lol

RockPaperSwoRD;1643426 said:
Roll racing is better and easier to come by on the hiway. i cant get traction below 3rd gear without lighting up the tires.
its pretty much pointless unless im doing like 3/4 throttle

It might just be my tires that suck (kumho ecsta supra 285/40/17)

I don't know how much power you're making, but I haven't found anything other than MT ET streets that will hold for me.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
In my N/a Supra (whe it was running that is) from a dig, or 40mph roll. In my b20 powered teg, from a dig, or 20mph roll because top suffers in that car.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Thanks Dave, I'll do some research on those. At the moment, I'm making 640 and I plan on turning the boost up a little bit pretty soon. I can still punch mine in second and at about four grand the tires will spin like crazy even with the et streets. My brand new Goodyear eagle f1's would do it in third at about seventy mph. I still have them in my garage but they're practically useless on my car.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
You want a roll? Go to the fucking baker, you wanna race line that shit up and do the damn thing. I fucking hate it when some ricer fuck comes up next to me on the highway and tries to kick it or tries a flyby. And I always hate the excuse I cant get traction till, 4th or 5th, blah blah blah... You spend all that money going fast, spends some on suspension and tires so you can make use of power. Ive seen 300hp cars kill 500hp cars on the street cause they cant make use of that power. Shits weak!

End of Rant...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
lowtaco;1643998 said:
You want a roll? Go to the fucking baker, you wanna race line that shit up and do the damn thing. I fucking hate it when some ricer fuck comes up next to me on the highway and tries to kick it or tries a flyby. And I always hate the excuse I cant get traction till, 4th or 5th, blah blah blah... You spend all that money going fast, spends some on suspension and tires so you can make use of power. Ive seen 300hp cars kill 500hp cars on the street cause they cant make use of that power. Shits weak!

End of Rant...
What about those of us who HAVE spent money on suspension and tires?

The only thing that makes my car stick in first gear is full race slicks, and there's no way I'm going to drive on those anywhere off track.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
suprahero;1643553 said:
You can get it as well. I got the idea from Noah over in Missississississississippi. Nobody ever understands my plates though. They think it says Farmerall........wtf.......lol

LOL Farmerall.. I was going to get 7MFTMFW but idk There are so many choices its hard to choose.. Though I have seen both FRMAROL and IGOTPSI but never seen 7MFTMFW.. idk thats funny though lol

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
GrimJack;1644004 said:
What about those of us who HAVE spent money on suspension and tires?

The only thing that makes my car stick in first gear is full race slicks, and there's no way I'm going to drive on those anywhere off track.

Then its pointless for you to race off the track. The point Im trying to make is if your not bringing your "A" game then wtf is the point. I mean shit Vin Diesel goes from a dig... LOL!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
lowtaco;1643998 said:

End of Rant...

Translation: You'd own me in a roll race, so the only way I'm going to race you is from a dig.
My car does both very well, but it's kinda of inconvenient and a bit sketchy to be driving down the road, have someone pull up next to you and ask you to come to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, do a burn out, and then race.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
lowtaco;1644068 said:
Then its pointless for you to race off the track. The point Im trying to make is if your not bringing your "A" game then wtf is the point. I mean shit Vin Diesel goes from a dig... LOL!

Did you just pull a Fast and the Furious card? Its a movie man, not real life.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
airhead04;1644079 said:
Did you just pull a Fast and the Furious card? Its a movie man, not real life.

No shit... However you look at it roll racing isn't really racing. It was invented by people with lack of traction or have nothing but top end power. So it is more or less just handicap racing.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

suprahero;1644075 said:
but it's kinda of inconvenient and a bit sketchy to be driving down the road, have someone pull up next to you and ask you to come to a complete stop in the middle of the highway, do a burn out, and then race.

Anyone street racing with traffic around is a moron to start with, respect your life and others. Find a road that is closed or a nice highway that has no traffic at night. Then you can do your burnout and race.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
lowtaco;1644115 said:
No shit... However you look at it roll racing isn't really racing.

Tell that to the police and see what they think.

"Oh its alright officer, I wasn't really racing. I don't know if you noticed, but I started from a roll."

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
lowtaco;1644115 said:
No shit... However you look at it roll racing isn't really racing. It was invented by people with lack of traction or have nothing but top end power. So it is more or less just handicap racing.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Lack of Traction? or Abundance of Convience?

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
i rather take it from the dig... way more props when u take someone down with a supra. just gotta have skills and right set up on your ride to get off the line good.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
lowtaco;1644115 said:

That's just like saying drag racing isn't real racing, it's handicap racing for people who can't brake or turn. You know full well the compromises that have to be made to set a car up for drag racing. Most people don't want a car JUST for drag racing, which is where roll racing comes in. Not everybody with 700+ hp wants a backhalved solid axle car on full slicks.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
LOL, I love how people get butt hurt talking about these subjects... since everyone likes to roll race here is a good one for you. Even a couple from a dig...

[video=youtube;KfGZyB4Dl-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfGZyB4Dl-k[/video]

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I believe the old saying goes something like "racing a Honda is like running in the special olympics, even if you win..."

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
te72;1650619 said:
I believe the old saying goes something like "racing a Honda is like running in the special olympics, even if you win..."

And I think there is an old saying "whats the difference between a 500hp Supra and a 700hp Supra, nothing cause they both run 12's" No matter what the vehicle if its fast I give em props, but it has been said time and time again Supra owners are an embarassment to there name. Dont get me wrong there are some fast guys here but the majority are far from there potential just because of there driving skills.