From a Dig? Or a Roll?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Generally speaking I do just fine with going from a dig, because if I get a good launch, most people will never have a chance. Even if I do bad, my car has enough top end to chase down damn near anything. Most of the people who can chase me down though, don't have the traction to beat me from a launch, so... I seem to prefer from a dig. To race a Supra from a roll is just dumb on the other guy's part...

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
i like freeway runs 3rd to 5th..but i can race from dig im good at launching my car its just hard on everything racing like that all the time..

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The big argument over my way was how dangerous roll racing is as opposed to at a strip.. but my theory has always been Theres a time and a place for EVERYTHING... Me personally, I love both.. but i was too scared to actually launch the last time i was at the track...lol mine doesnt even start moving till 3rd anywayz...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Ahhh ok!

Either can be dangerous doesn't matter where/when, we've all seen some of the freaky shit that happens at the strip under perfect conditions, doing it on the street just amplifies the amount/frequency of freaky shit that can happen.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
SupraSean;1642374 said:
I still like that shawn guy that was on pinks running low tens high 9's on stock irs:)

We've got a few guys on the forums doing that. Hell, I think Sean is on here now and then. Duane - upgradedsupra - did all his 9 / 10s passes on a stock rear end.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Doesn't matter for me, My NA-T with the 4.30 rear end is a beast cruising at like 50-60 and just punching it.. Ill have to get a video, its pretty ridiculous for being around 300HP

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Either is not so great for me, anything under 40mph my rear end brakes loose (I need wider tires). Now, a 40-75 roll on the highway...that's a different story because my car is a beast and would eat most of the stuff out there (shy of new mustangs and higher performance). But I would guess I would pull top end (100+) still on most things...but I don't think I'm going to try that theory out on the street/highway.

-->so to answer the question, 40+roll :)

Last edited:

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Roll. I don't enjoy breaking things just to put someone in their place, so I try to avoid launching any of my cars hard on the street. Plus 4 lane highways with stop lights are few around here. They're all in the middle of a town/city, where all the cops lurk.

Plus, it's embarrassing when the wheel hop turns on the windshield wipers.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
My tag is FRMAROL so I'm going to stick with that. I will say I'm not scared of breaking anything by lauching it though. I've launched my car really hard at the track probably a hundred and fifty times. I've made a few lsd's start slipping, but I've never actually broke anything. I've always drove my car home from the track. On the street, I don't want to race from a dig simply due to traction issues even though I have ET streets.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
Roll racing is better and easier to come by on the hiway. i cant get traction below 3rd gear without lighting up the tires.
its pretty much pointless unless im doing like 3/4 throttle

It might just be my tires that suck (kumho ecsta supra 285/40/17)