ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I drove the car again today twice so far. The first drive early this morning went about like yesterday, which was good, but not quite good enough. I did some looking around at vacuum lines after that. I found that the big thick line that runs from the EGR to the EGR modulator was just dangling from the modulator.

I had to do lunch with my daughter at school, so that gave it plenty of time to cool. I just got through fixing that line, and driving the car again to see what difference that made. OMG, it seemed to be a lot of what was wrong driving wise. It now seemed like it was a lot more driveable. It still idles funny for sure. And, it started backfiring between shifts a little. Maybe I blew something else off, I don't know. But I definitely want to get it to where I can drive it more than a mile at a time now.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
It's been Christmas, and I have 4 kids. I have been busy.

I did get it all put back together. I finally put the CPS back in it yesterday, and backed it out from under the carport to add some water to it, and see if it holds it, before putting proper coolant into it. I am confident in the repair, it holds securely, with bolts in tight. But, my installation of the CPS is just off a bit. It will run, but not yet good. I'm going to have to pull that back out, and try again, before adding coolant. I get only short periods of time to do anything this week. Maybe tomorrow.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I have new Videos to share on my phone! O!........M!........G!

The car is now:

Holding coolant!

Timed properly!

Holding steady at temperature for 4-5 miles in the neighborhood!

And after that, the ECU seems to have learned idle!

Running Better than ever!

I just came in the house, and have an e-mail wanting me to come in for an interview TODAY! I'll work on videos later

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
I see some win in this thread for the first time in a long.....long time. Congrats on the new job and the car going more than 1 mile. Mine will do the same soon (Feb. 12th! after 3 years), just on trailer.........for now. :D Then maybe I will also be back as a regular posting member of sm. Anyway, where is said job?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Job was going to be at Ampac, but the prehire physical revealed a hernia. They had to fill the position, but said I will be at the top of the list for the next round of hiring if I get it fixed. Surgery was yesterday. I thought I had posted all this already, but I don't see it here.

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Hernia's suck, so does the surgery. But hey, at least there seems to be more light at the end of the tunnel now. Just keep your head up man, it will all turn around. Now, get that friggen Supra running right so I can show it the tail lights of mine when I get it going again! :D

jmoneydtb

Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Bottom end rebuild due to rod knock. It hasn't run in right at 3 years. Been in storage for most of that. I am single again now and finally in a position where I have been able to save up money specifically for the car. I have a decent income tax return coming as well, so it is finally time to get the car and start the rebuild. Still have to figure out how I am going to get it up here from Mobile, but I will push it if I have to at this point. Starting to research for machine shops in Ttown, found one that was recommended on here actually a while back. I have a parts list working as well, just trying to budget and get everything done the right way. I will probably do up a build thread, even though it won't have major changes made to the setup for a while still, but everybody loves a good revive build. :D

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Straight up from a stop sign............SIDEWAYS!!

It's been SO long since I have felt the full power of the grey car. And, I believe it has even a little bit more! I adjusted my TPS this morning, and it brought the car to life big time. It may not be perfect though. Idle is still high (2000ish). I know that the throttle is closed though, as I had the throttle body off the car and I saw that it is right there. I pulled the throttle rod off, trying to see if maybe it was holding throttle open a little. Didn't help. I don't know what to do next.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Running stronger than ever!!!!! Even when it was in the grey car. I just gotta get the Idle under control. At the start of thi video, I had just adjusted timing a little bit and had idle down some. Then, I revved it for the camera, and it stayed up higher than desired. I don't want to pull the CPS again, but it looks like I have to. It's either that, or tweak the TPS a little more. I'm more confident with the CPS, but I think it is where it should be.

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/forcedtorque/?action=view&current=SANY2597.mp4