ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I just drove the car around the block!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a wire that had not been re-connected since removing my NEO. I fixed that, and fired it up, to see major changes. First thing first, I still haven't fixed the coolant hole in the head, so only a short drive is possible so far. My tach is not working, but it appears my idle is still climbing and correcting (TPS). The drive was not good at all, but at least it will drive. It would pull pretty good, then cut out, but not stall. It kept that up until almost finishing the mile long journey. At the end, it seemed to lose all of it's power. I suspect a boost leak too, as it stayed in boost whenever it was pulling. All in all, not a great trip, but I'm excited as hell that it went on a trip. It's been so long since I have had any motivation to play with it. Now, I can get my neighbor to help me helicoil the head for coolant, and then start chaing down running problems.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A lot to update in here.

First and worst...I have already been fired from the new job, for accidentally leaving my lock off of a required lock out/tag out location while still on my probationary period. Oh Well!

Thanks to Halsupra90, I have a new CPS, and much better idle. It idled fine until I tried to drive it, and blew the intake piping off. I sealed my throttle body with some FIPG, and added back the missing dashpot. So, I didn't have to boost to drive normal, as I did before. Once I limped home with the piping off, it started to lightly try to fluctuate idle, but I don't think that will be a problem once fixed. I still haven't fixed the thermostat housing, so I gotta let it cool a while before fixing it and trying again. I believe I will be fine, with only a bolt hole to fix before I can start driving it. ***crosses fingers***

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A lot to update in here.

First and worst...I have already been fired from the new job, for accidentally leaving my lock off of a required lock out/tag out location while still on my probationary period. Oh Well!

Thanks to Halsupra90, I have a new CPS, and much better idle. It idled fine until I tried to drive it, and blew the intake piping off. I sealed my throttle body with some FIPG, and added back the missing dashpot. So, I didn't have to boost to drive normal, as I did before. Once I limped home with the piping off, it started to lightly try to fluctuate idle, but I don't think that will be a problem once fixed. I still haven't fixed the thermostat housing, so I gotta let it cool a while before fixing it and trying again. I believe I will be fine, with only a bolt hole to fix before I can start driving it. ***crosses fingers***

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Scott, that job wasn't meant to be that's all. Bigger and better things are in store. I'm hoping to be back in a supra before to long but we'll see. I'm a dumbass I know but after my divorce I quit caring about anything supra. That love is coming back with a vengence and it's feeling good to care about something again.

Good luck on the job search my brutha and with that beautiful 92.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Sorry to hear about the job. If you're still having issues with intercooler piping, I have most of two sets. I'm about to go put them back on my 87. I'll most likely be back in Bama by Thanksgiving if you want 'em. I might be able to dig up a spare water neck for you too.

Definitely feel your pain about Vonda's car. I wish I had the money to buy it myself. Always wanted a white one...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry to hear about the job Scott.

As for the car, it's up for sale because Ken hasn't told me he wanted it for sure, but in my defense, I haven't bumped it one time since Ken even showed any interest in it. I will lock the other thread and if Ken decides he doesn't want it, I'll either open it back up or set Vonda's car on fire....depending on the mood of that day.

If you needed some piping, you should have called me. I have almost anything you could need if you'd just call and let me know. I don't know what all I have, but if I have it, it's yours.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
suprahero;1771066 said:
Sorry to hear about the job Scott.

As for the car, it's up for sale because Ken hasn't told me he wanted it for sure, but in my defense, I haven't bumped it one time since Ken even showed any interest in it. I will lock the other thread and if Ken decides he doesn't want it, I'll either open it back up or set Vonda's car on fire....depending on the mood of that day.

If you needed some piping, you should have called me. I have almost anything you could need if you'd just call and let me know. I don't know what all I have, but if I have it, it's yours.

If I get what I want from my Lexus, I will be the next owner of Vixens car. If not I'll come and roast some hotdogs with yall over that fire that'll be in your front yard.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Just a new picture I took today.......Nothing new to report. It looks really good if you click the yellow bar.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A little news to report.

Yesterday, I noticed an intercooler hose that was not making good connection. Being that I still have no coolant in it, I can only drive it very short distances (1 mile or less), before having to let it cool for several hours. I drove it yesterday and it did much better. It even pegged the boost gauge, but I heard it pop another hose as it did.

Today, I tightened the hose at the throttle body and tried my short drive again. It drove much better. No black smoke anymore due to cutting off the extra air inlets. And, it finally made the 1 mile trip around my neighborhood without having to limp home. Once home, I was even able to do a very short little burnout. The first in this car's time under my ownership. Now is the time to get the coolant issue solved so I can drive it further than a mile at a time. The idle issue is still there though, so it's still won't be perfect after fixing the coolant.