ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, I didn't find any of the stock intercooling pipes today, but I do have a turbo XS manual boost controller if it will help you.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
No problem Ken, it shouldn't be hard to find, and cheap too.

Jay, you'll have a PM shortly.

As for the car, Time and Weather have not been kind at all. I did get my intake manifold re-installed this past weekend, and battery cables run correctly. I came in out of the bitter cold (low 20's in south Alabama) to look up torque specs on the manifold, and never went back out. I'm working again Saturday, but I hope to get the entire intake side of the motor back together in the remaining weekend I have. That includes re-attaching the wiring connectors for the stock injectors. Maybe I can get even further, but I won't promise too much.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I'm finally home from work, and as soon as I get my son something to eat, I will have about 2 hours to work on it. I doubt there will be any start up, as I still need to have the threads in my head straightened out, to be able to put the thermostat housing back on. But, if I get enough done, who knows, I may spray a little water just to see how it is going to idle sometime tomorrow (weather permitting).

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Finally........I have a little progress to report. Over a month ago I see I posted that I thought I would finish the intake side, and that I had battery cables run correctly. first, I decided that I wanted to use the cable and connector that was used for the rear set up, instead of the stock cable. I had to pull the cable from the front all the way back to the rear of the car, and then shorten it for use in the front of the car.

Next, I ran new wiring from the battery back to the relay for my Walbro fuel pump. So, two different front to rear/rear to front wirings brought on by the battery move.

Once through with all of that, I removed the modified trunk floor, and re-installed a full stock floor. This finishing touch really made me happy that I got rid of the rear battery.

I have wasted the better part of the past couple of weekends fighting a dieing soldering gun. I kept trying to get a good connection with my old worn out iron. But, finally I decided I need a new iron in my gun to get a good melt. I tried that out today, and still no good. So, I bought a new gun at Wally world today, and hopefully I can get my injector clips finished up really soon. I don't want to place the plenum, until the clips are ready. Maybe that will happen under a light during the week. If not, it will happen next weekend.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Injector clips have now been replaced, and injectors were installed today. I also got the plenum installed, and properly torqued. I do still have to replace one of the injector clips, as 1 of the 6 was for a VSV, not an injector. I got with TooStand today, and a replacement will be here shortly.

I still have to install the Tb, and hook back up all of the fuel and vacuum lines, but that shouldn't be too difficult. Once all of that is done, I'll just need to repair that thread at the thermostat housing, and re-time it. Hopefully it will then idle properly, and be drivable.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Today I received my replacement injector clip, and got it installed. Then I took care of all of the vacuum lines under the intake. Yes, that means I had to take almost all of the bolts on the plenum that had already been torqued, but it's all done correctly now. After that, I got my incoming fuel hooked back up.

Tomorrow, I hope to finish up the intake side. I still have to install the TB, and figure out how the return fuel lines run again. I had converted it over to accommodate the Aeromotive FPR. That is what brought me here, to look that up on cygnus.

I know I had said that once all of that is done, all I had left would be the stripped bolt for the thermostat housing. But, while under the car today, I was reminded that I need to get my intercooler piping rigged up as well.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I finally have an update that I am happy to post!!!!!!!!!

IT RUNS!!!!!!!!

It doesn't run great yet, because my intercooler piping is pure shit. I have some cracked up stock piping and some 2 1/2" piping with the larger couplers, and it leaks like a sieve. I still have to helicoil the bolt for the thermostat housing too.I just wanted to know for sure it would run before I destroy something else doing that.

So now if my broke ass can afford to get some new piping, I should be able to drive the car soon.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Today I wAs offered a job in a plant FINALLY! Gotta do drug screen and physical before putting
My notice in here at work, but real money is not fAr away

FACEBOOK FRIENDS, PLEASE DO NOT MENTION THIS ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
toyotanos;1729549 said:
Congrats!

Thanks man

buckshotglass;1729570 said:
Good goin' Scott. There needs to be progress in at least one of these build threads.:)

Dave the good money is still 6 or so weeks away, and even then, I still have some catching up to do before things really get good. Progress is definitely in the future now though.

roundfinger;1729572 said:
Congrats,
You going to be working in the steel factory over there?

No Art, I'm going to Lenzing Fibers to make Tencel.