I say nobody without a running turbo'd supra can get a hug..........:evil2:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
LilMissMkIII;1164984 said:
That means I get no hug :( :( :(

Yours has a miss in it, but it's still running, plus there's always the right hand drive loop whole............:evil2:

Ken, please don't snap your fingers like that agian.........it gives me the heebie jeebies........:aigo:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Sometimes I hate this site. This is my thread, and I haven't seen any of these replies on this page.

I have now verified that my new clutch is much better than the old. I didn't mean to, but traffic dictated that I had to get on it a little more than I wanted to. I pulled out in heavy traffic, where I had to cross two lanes and get into a turn lane before entering the other side where I needed to be. I had room to make it in front of the two cars approaching, but after I committed, a car shot out from behind one of them to break free from the pack. I had to gas it pretty good to make it safely into the turn lane. I knew once there, I would have to wait for traffic to clear before I could go, and had checked blinkers to be sure no one was going to enter from te other side. After having to gas it to get in the turn lane, sure enough, some SOB with no signal tries to cut in it. So, already in boost, I had to go WOT to take his place in the line of traffic. The maneuver was completed safely, and I enjoyed every bit of it. It was only after it was all over with that I realized that I really didn't mean to get in it that hard. I want to give it the full 500 mile break in before really working it, and I want all 500 to be in town, constant shifting. It has close to 500 on it now (410 or so), but the first 300 were on the way home from Jay's last week. Maybe the first 50 would count before I got on the interstate home.

Tomorrow, I will be repairing my injector wire that was diagnosed as a problem. I'm running on 5 cylinders sometimes, so I didn't feel all of it's power. What I did get to feel was very nice though.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Please translate this hoon word. What is it, and who is it referring to?

The long overdue, will come once I get all 6 cylinders some fuel. Then it will be the tune, and I'm starting to think that high dollar paint will have to wait til the next time.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The term "Hoon" was first used in Australia at the turn of the 20th century where it referred to a man living off immoral earnings [1] (i.e. a pimp). ...
I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but she's calling you a pimp. And I know for a fact that pimpin aint' easy.

Glad the clutch has helped you out Scott. It wasn't doing me any good.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I do need to let it have the full break in period, before doing any more hard driving. It will be good for both the clutch and the driver. It's way more on/off than anything I have had before. I'm getting used to it. but there are still times I try to slip it in. It's kinda jerky when I do that. That's also why I said it was grabby in reverse at your house.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Jay didn't copy in the complete definition....

"In more recent times it has been used to describe any young male or female who drives in a manner which is anti-social towards the standards of modern day society. Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast."

The term "hoon" is a favourite of the media down here...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
LilMissMkIII;1168728 said:
Jay didn't copy in the complete definition....

"In more recent times it has been used to describe any young male or female who drives in a manner which is anti-social towards the standards of modern day society. Generally, a hoon is any person who drives any vehicle dangerously and/or fast."

The term "hoon" is a favourite of the media down here...

While we are translating, I'll get in on the game.

ASS = Media

I will proudly wear the Hoon badge though.

Zerocool;1168675 said:
Scott, you get her painted yet :p common old man your slacken haha now that the engine is done its time my friend...

Not yet Clint. Frankenstein has kinda grown on me, but also gets on my nerves as well. I'm starting to think aboust Just paint for a while before putting amazing paint on it. I have had visions of a $3000+ paint job since the car's re-birth, but I'm now thinking more about a $1000- decent paint job for a while.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
***Update***

I have now taken care of the problem with my injector wire. I first pulled the connector, and put my multimeter on it. I got a constant 13.75Volts out of it, with the only fluctuation was to 13.76. So, as I put it back on the injector, I noticed that it actually went through two good clicks, before being secure in it's spot. I'm no electrical genius, but whatever Ricky and Tim diagnosed with must have been testing resistance. I took the car out and tested it. I slowly (somewhat) took the car to 7 pounds of boost without finding that dead miss that it used to display. Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attention now turns to electrical underneath the dash. I have several issues with switched power, and would like a little help with the repair. My power to the Boost Controller has come undone, probably while the dash was apart at Jay's. I also need to find a spot for power to the AEM gauge, and my stereo switched power has been unstable at best. I have an idea to mount a strip somewhere underneath the dash, that I could run power to, and distribute it to everything from one spot. I don't know if this will work, and would like some advise on how to go about setting it up. Will this even work at all?

sm_photo_missing.jpg
My current plan is to run power to the hole on the right, or to one of the screws. Then, I will wrap the entire thing in electrical tape, and mount it with some thing noncondusive to the body somewhere. Then I will ground the thing to the body using the white wire on the side. I'm assuming that I can get power out of all other wires connected. As I have stated many times before, I know nothing about electricity. Will this work? Is there something else I could do with it to make it work. PLEASE help!

Last edited: