ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Scott - That gives me the shivers just looking at it...DO NOT use that.

What you want is a fuse block like these (scroll down)
http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/c/BLUFB/Fuse+Blocks+-+Blue+Sea+Systems

These blocks are for 100A max total draw. A 6 or 9 circuit should do it...this way, each piece of powered equipment is fused. Size the individual fuses to match the max (plus 5 Amps) current draw for each part.

What you want to do is use switched IGN power to activate a relay that connects battery power to the fuse block. The wire gauge and Amp rating of the relay should be sized to match (or exceed) the total current draw you will need to power all connected equipment. Bosch makes about any size DC relay you could need. It would be a good idea to use a large fuse or circuit breaker on the power source line from the battery.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Your going to need 12 circuits?...WOW, that's a lot.
What are you going to run to this and how much power (amps) does each draw?

These blocks also have a separate ground bus you could run a dedicated line to battery ground.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
LOL...I understand ;)
Doing some decent script drugs over here too!

You need to figure draw for each, add for total draw...that will tell you what size wire from the battery, the CB (or power fuse) size, and relay size.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I took the car out today and put about 100 miles of pure city driving on the clutch. I zigged and zagged all over Mobile through neighborhoods and busy roads like Airport Blvd and Schillingers Rd for those who know.

The highlight of my trip was seeing no less than 4 possible future Supras for me to think about. I first found a nice looking 89 White Turbo, and talked to it's owner. He is currently trying to sell it for $1900. He is a 28 year Toyota mechanic, and has rebuilt the motor last year, with absolutely no upgrades. The bad part is it needs both a fuel pump, and an automatic transmission. I believe he could be talked down.

Next, I found a burgundy 88 Turbo behind a pawn shop, half covered in bush, behind a fence. Then, a black 87 Turbo at an import lot. Both of these places were closed on a Sunday. Then, before coming home, I rode by where I know a 92 Teal is sitting to verify that it is still there. I want that car! So, local guys, I'll never reveal it's well hidden location. One day I will catch these people outside.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
So where is that 92 teal at scott? I want to tell you to not buy another one and get a sweet paint job on that beast, but like you even as I wait for my 91 to come back from the shop I think I am going to look for a second supra in 09 myself...damn these cars.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Scott -Glad to hear your red car is up and running around again. Let me know how you like that ACT as I will be upgrading my clutch sooner or later.
I have spotted a few MKIII's around Birmingham lately myself. I have a Brown N/A I need to start working on next summer. I plan to 2J this car. It might be ugly brown but at least it ill be fast. It actually belongs to a buddy of mine but he assured me, if I would get it out of his driveway, I could have it, clean and clear. He will even help me with the swap. The car is in pretty darn good shape, is has a blown main bearing in the bottom end but it's an n/a anyway so no biggie.

It will sooner later than later that I will be turning the keys to the red car over to my son. They grow up so fast these days and I told him he could have it when he graduates college.

A 92 teal huh in mobile huh? That would be a nice find scott, good luck with that one.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've always wanted a 1992 Teal supra until I bought my blue one. Now I think I like it better although their isn't a great big difference between the two.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
ForcedTorque;1170985 said:
wideband is back Noah, but it still doesn't do shit! I want to throw it out the window. All I get is 111,222,111,222. I'm wondering if the sensor is bad.

Ruh Roh...not good. Is it the board on the display? I know mine has an LED in the curve that stays on.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
tookwik4u89;1168453 said:
Goooooooooo Scotty! Nice, I think that clutch is about ready for some abuse;)

I drove the car home yesterday with a little bit of a miss still. After being home for an hour or so, I jumped back in it to run to the store. The car ran a smoothly as a baby's ass. I don't know why, but I like it.

So, I had to go the the doctor this morning in Mobile. I drove through all of the red light towns instead of the interstate. On the way back, I had to pass by the apartment complex where James (Jmoney) works. Leaving the red light in front of there, I kinda gave James a hello through the exhaust pipe from about 0-45. It worked as he PM'd me on here to let me know he saw me. I didn't realize it, but he said that I did spin a bit in 2nd gear as I hit boost. :evil2: I was doing my best not to spin, and eased into the gear before laying into the pedal. Spin was not needed, because the Police station was within 1/8 mile from the light I had left.

I was going to try to go meet Bill and James at the track tonight. But, after dinner and a few beers, I decided the clutch might just not be ready for the track yet. It's still at about 320 on the way to 500. If I had gone, I know I wouldn't have been able to not run at least once.