ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
ForcedTorque;1064444 said:
I think I should recheck my timing. I can't remember if me and Noah used the jumper wire when we set it. I'm pretty sure we did tho. Tomorrow I will be rechecking my VF signal, and I will post that info.

we did jump the diagnostic box while we checked your timing. if you need help, you know how to get in touch with me.
make sure you get a better volt meter when you check your vf signal.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Here's a bunch of new pictures of my car. I know it is still ugly, but I'm proud of what I have done so far. At the end there is a bonus picture! For those who don't understand the South Alabama heat, these pics were taken about 15 minutes after a strong rain. Some puddling, but the rest has already dried.

The first picture of my car's driver's side since the bomex was installed.
p1073983_1.jpg

Now, the car's better side
p1073983_2.jpg

p1073983_3.jpg

Engine Bay
p1073983_4.jpg

Rear View (The one I will show to the fools)
p1073983_5.jpg

Incomplete Front view (first of the IC installed)
p1073983_6.jpg

And now the Bonus Pic. This is the car that my painter painted, and I checked in on through the whole process. It's a year later now, and the car still looks amazing. It is an 89, but he went with the old school spoiler.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
It's getting there Scott, seems like you don't have too much more left and not many kinks left either. Good choice on wideband, wish I had the money for one. =P I have the rest of the money for that turbo btw, if you come to the track tomorrow for the $5000 grude match race, I will give it to you.

Update for ya: The Titan hg and ARP's are in (and yes that turbo) and the car is stupidly stronger than ever in the throttle now, even though it has a slight miss at idle, probably just my really old spark plugs though. I can only go about 3/4 throttle right now do to a revision to the boost controller....yeah, stock fuel + 15psi = slide sideways and a little bit of ping.....DOH! (yes I let out quickly, and I'm too lazy to turn it back down that's why I haven't, it will be addressed tonight)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
James, I told you that was a good turbo! I'm still not sure if I should have sold it yet. The best I've gotten out of this upgraded turbo so far is a hair shy of 8 LBS. I'm still hoping a tune will remedy that. The turbo money will be going into the tune fund. I am going to do my best to be at the track tomorrow night. I'll be in the Supra, but no chance of running it yet.

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
I will be there tonight for sure....it's just....well....the Supra won't be. :( Apparently the head wasn't grounded very well or something and it has electrolosis (sp?) corrosion around the water ports. We didn't think this was going to effect anything as the head was straight, but, we were wrong. Some how the MHG is sealing the combustion chamber good enough to not leak any compression (tested) but the water ports around #6 aren't sealing off (due to steel not conforming into the pitting from corrosion) and it's dumping water into that cylinder. Very weird, but it's true....somehow. So now it's time to go with a Felpro gasket, which I've actually read isn't bad when coupled with the ARP's. Plus it will conform to the places of corrosion. All this leads me to one question for you.....You sold that BHG motor that came out of my car yet? I would really like to use the Titan HG later on and would also like to have a spare motor....*cough* to *cough* build *cough* :evil2:

BTW, Bill really wants 6.40's so he is capping off the turbo for tonight. Ah, who needs a wastegate anyway? :runaway:.

Sorry for the thread jack and long post..........again.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, you shouldn't have any problems out of that turbo. Hopefully when the bugs are fixed on your car, the turbo will work really well with your setup. I can't see the pictures for some reason. All I see are red x's.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
jmoneydtb;1075527 said:
I will be there tonight for sure....it's just....well....the Supra won't be. :( Apparently the head wasn't grounded very well or something and it has electrolosis (sp?) corrosion around the water ports. We didn't think this was going to effect anything as the head was straight, but, we were wrong. Some how the MHG is sealing the combustion chamber good enough to not leak any compression (tested) but the water ports around #6 aren't sealing off (due to steel not conforming into the pitting from corrosion) and it's dumping water into that cylinder. Very weird, but it's true....somehow. So now it's time to go with a Felpro gasket, which I've actually read isn't bad when coupled with the ARP's. Plus it will conform to the places of corrosion. All this leads me to one question for you.....You sold that BHG motor that came out of my car yet? I would really like to use the Titan HG later on and would also like to have a spare motor....*cough* to *cough* build *cough* :evil2:

I came to an agreement on that motor last night. The guy's name is Josh, and he just got a MKIII ( I think he said this week). He's a 240SX guy, and says he knows Bill. I think he joined as a member here last night or today. I need help with a 240, and he needs help with a Supra. I believe we can be good for each other.

jmoneydtb;1075527 said:
BTW, Bill really wants 6.40's so he is capping off the turbo for tonight. Ah, who needs a wastegate anyway? :runaway:.

Is the track open tonight, or rained out? My plan was to bring my Supra, but not to run.

suprahero;1075538 said:
Scott, you shouldn't have any problems out of that turbo. Hopefully when the bugs are fixed on your car, the turbo will work really well with your setup. I can't see the pictures for some reason. All I see are red x's.

I don't doubt that the turbo will be fine once I get it tuned. I played with the NEO on the way home from work trying to find a smoother point. Not too much luck on the street, but I did raise my fuel pressure to the magical 27 (from 25), and it seemed to help out a bit. It did seem like I might want to go a little higher though, but I won't do that until I get it on the street for a bit. Maybe tomorrow I can get my wideband bung welded on and do a little more with some idea what is going on.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Scott, even though the outside is a mish mash of all those colors, you can still tell its a good lookin car. But the under the hood shot tell the tale of where the time, effort and money went so far. Considering where you started...the effort has been rewarded.

Edit: tuning without the wideband is gonna be shooting in the dark. Wait until you have that up and running then you should be able to get a decent street tune.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Noah.........my virginity is still in tact. I'm saving myself for someone special. I want to remember it forever, and not just give it away to the first highschool quarterback that comes along.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I just got back from getting my wideband bung welded in. It only cost me $15! now, we'll see how long it takes me to get the electrical part done.

My car has always felt like something was holding it back. I've always thought it was the rear brake calipers, since I have not yet swapped them yet. The long interstate drive made the drag get way worse. While the exhaust shop had it on the lift, I did some checking around under there. First I noticed that it can't be rear brakes, because the rotors have rust on them , telling me that they aren't even grabbing at all. This made my thinking go towards Rear end or Transmission. I gave it a little time to cool, and felt them both. Neither seemed to be overly hot. Here's a breakdown of my concerns that could explain problems in several parts.

Rear End - The car was once used to either drift, or a kid just attempted to drift, I don't know, but that would explain a problem there. It doesn't sound like a bad chunk, or make any noise for that matter.

Transmission - 2 concerns! First it could be damaged due to the accident in the other car. Then, I was told to fill it with fluid, until I could see it covering the shaft/yoke near the shifter. I think it may be overfilled. I have seen it posted a couple of times that it takes 3-4 quarts to fill it. It took 7 quarts to get close to there in my tranny.

Motor - Could be bad plugs again, due to not having a decent tune.

Brakes - How does the emergency brake work? I've seen a couple of posts mentioning E-brake shoes lately. They are disc brakes. Am I missing something here, or are those folks crazy. <<<<<--------I think they are.

It's too damn hot to be diagnosing all of these problems. Please help if you see anything I posted that raises a flag.