ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque;1053219 said:
I left for vacation right after my last post, and haven't seen the car since. The Optima showed 12.6 volts when I got it, and after jumping it with the Trailblazer to see if the extra voltage would help, it shows just over 13 volts now. It's disconnected until I return. I'm off work longer than I will be gone, so maybe I can get it figured out before I have to go back to work.

Check for corrosion in the neg. cable, cheap to replace.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
gtsfirefighter;1053415 said:
Soooo, where ya at?

I'm in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL area. So far I've drank one for half of the community on SM, and will get the rest of y'all taken care of very soon. I have a spare set of cables sitting right beside my car that I took off of the starter that I gave James the other day. Hopefully it is just a cable issue, but we will see.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Since I've been home, I have managed to swap out the negative battery cable. Give me a friggin cookie! That didn't help anything, and my lazy ass has been scared to go out in the heat to jack the car up again, and crawl under it to swap the positive cable and re-check the connection at the starter. Somebody needs to motivate me!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque;1061991 said:
Somebody needs to motivate me!

Today I pulled the automatic, put in the new clutch and W58, mounted the pedals, bled the system and test drove it, all without breaking a sweat though I did manage to give myself a black eye....GET MOTIVATED!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
theWeezL;1062098 said:
Today I pulled the automatic, put in the new clutch and W58, mounted the pedals, bled the system and test drove it, all without breaking a sweat though I did manage to give myself a black eye....GET MOTIVATED!

Pete, You are SuperHuman, and you have no heat.

noah89t;1062207 said:
get it done so you can attend some upcoming meets. it has almost been a year since we were in chicago, i know you want to take your car this year. or maybe jay will trailer it for you.

Noah, No way you're getting me back to Chicago this quick!

LilMissMkIII;1062214 said:
:boobies:

(That enough motivation?)

Kristel, I think that just might do it! I want more!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Slight progress!

I went home at lunch today, and got the car jacked up, and ready to go under tonight. It is raining like a sumbitch ever since, so if the car isn't in a major puddle tonight I can work on it. I know not much progress, but it's a start.

gtsfirefighter;1062505 said:
Scott, I have not mailed off your PS reservoir yet. I have been a little under the weather and busy. I'm supposed to be a work now but I woke up with the Fuck Its so I'll try to get if off to you today.

Well I just got off MY ass and got Jay a picture of the other line I need on the PS, so no big hurry.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Scott, where do you stand on your car right now? Ive been following along of course, but Im curious as to what you see as still needing to be done to be finished (well as finished as we ever are).

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
theWeezL;1062531 said:
Scott, where do you stand on your car right now? Ive been following along of course, but Im curious as to what you see as still needing to be done to be finished (well as finished as we ever are).

As I see it:

I just changed my wiring harness, and a lot of things seemed to be cleared up right away. Once I figure out why it already won't start with a key AGAIN, if it is as good as I thought, it will get tuned, and hopefully show me somewhere between 300-400HP. I also need to get my wideband installed, but I have it.

Then, I will have to still do my rear brakes

Paint - This is going to be a while as my side income that was funding this build has dried up.

So... Tune, Brakes, and Paint........and hopefully, I will be through for a little while. So, another $3500 or so!

After that, who knows what I'll do in the future, but I gotta start paying a little more attention to family.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
theWeezL;1062098 said:
Pete, you got a MK2? Damn, I guess I need to check in once in a while!! Cool!
ForcedTorque;1062292 said:
Noah, No way you're getting me back to Chicago this quick!

Scott, do as Noah tells you!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well I didn't have a puddle, but there was wet dirt where I had to lay, so I did nothing tonight. I'll definitely get under it this weekend. Tomorrow is out as I will be at the bank at lunch, and I have dinner plans with my parents and whole family.

Ken, Good that you could stop by. How's the car? I hope you are enjoying it a bit for the few months it can come out of hiding.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
ForcedTorque;1063019 said:
Well I didn't have a puddle, but there was wet dirt where I had to lay, so I did nothing tonight. I'll definitely get under it this weekend. Tomorrow is out as I will be at the bank at lunch, and I have dinner plans with my parents and whole family.

Ken, Good that you could stop by. How's the car? I hope you are enjoying it a bit for the few months it can come out of hiding.

It is running great, putting on a few hundred miles a week. I think I need some spray to get out of the hole before I see what my 60' looks like on a time slip:) Dyno in a couple weeks hopefully!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
tookwik4u89;1062997 said:
Pete, you got a MK2? Damn, I guess I need to check in once in a while!! Cool!

Havent had it long but I've already fallen in love with it.

Nice of you to grace us with your presence :sarcasm: