ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Forced,
I have been secertly watchin your build ever since you posted in mine....I have my fingers crossed for you. I know what a pain wiring can be it took me 2 twelve hour days to rewire the entire engine wiring harness(with help of coarse). And with out further ado plus 4 now on an update of how it went sir!!!!

Cheers josh

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Attempt #3 to post this

I Failed! James and Tony came by last night to get a starter and an alternator for my old white car. We talked the daylight away. Before they got there, I had gotten the ECU plugs through the firewall, but that's it. After they left, I came inside and ate a cold dinner. Then, since I promised Kristel a running car, I went back out and got all the plugs hooked up inside the car. I also got my intake plenum bolted down tight, and got everything else in the engine bay put back together. The only things I have left to do is plug in the starter wire, and get my upper intercooler pipe fastened in right. I'm going to go home at lunch today (3 hours Kristel), and try to knock those out. Hopefully I can drive it back to work this afternoon. I'll try to get a new engine bay shot posted tonight. I have everything in it now including the coil pack cover that has never been mounted next to the HKS pipe. It was dark last night in the flashlight, so I couldn't even see how it looked myself.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I tried like hell to get that starter wire plugged in from the top, but I guess I gotta jack it up again, and climb under it for one stupid plug. going to lunch soon, and should know something in a little over an hour.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
OK, I have an update! The harness install is complete, and it has cured some of my problems. I got home, and got it jacked up, and the starter wire connected. Then, I got the intercooler pipe put on after fighting that t-bolt out of the way. Anybody else have a hard time getting them to loosen up after the nuts is backed out? I got tired of fighting that thing, so I jumped the car off, and it started right up with the key! Problem 1 solved. Then my NEO started blinking at me, because I was hitting 9000 on it's tach. I went in and changed the settings from a 2 cylinder to a 6 cylinder, and it is now dead on , and on the correct setting. Problem 2 solved. Quickly after fixing that, I blew the intercooler pipe off with no clamp. It sounded cool with it off, but would no longer rev past 1200. I also noticed that my temp gauge was reading at a normal pace, rather than waiting 10 minutes to get started. Problem 3 Solved. I let it go dead so I could fix the intercooler and put a new clamp on it. After fixing that, it would not take a jump again, so I left it at home. I noticed after having it running again, my brake lights no longer stay on, and my ABS light is no longer lit on the dash. Problem 4 Solved. And, while it was running, it did not seem so motorcycle sounding with a miss. Problem 5 possibly solved. We'll see when I drive it on the road.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Wow, all that in one fell swoop, nice. I bet that is quite a load off. Worrying about the signal coming and going from sensors is alot worse than trying to diagnose a bad sensor. Its just so hard to tell whats going on.

Think back to the day your silver one was wrecked and how far youve come since then. You certainly havent had it easy but your hard work and persevearence are paying off now. Even though you have crossed the finish line yet, it has to feel good that you seem to finally be out in the lead for once. congrats man!

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
LilMissMkIII;1050184 said:
I like good news!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

I like that she likes good news. :naughty:

Blowing off ic pipes is fun unless your in a convoy of supras and the guy in the blue supra keeps laughing at you.:evil2: Am I gonna get to ride in it this weekend Scott?

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Sorry we burned your daylight that day Scott, but glad to hear some of the issues are solved. Can't wait till both of our cars are running correctly....and with more power! :evil2: Start and alt. will be going on tonight so it will be drivable again, BUT.......the hg and studs will have to wait till the next paycheck, possibly will also make a downpayment on some rims from Tony. (the ones that were on the Eclipse that day, $300 for 17's w/ tires, hope they fit good and look good!)

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Jay do you still have that supplier that gave you such a good deal on 5 gallon buckets of Butane?I have enough matches for mine and Vonda's, if that is still your intentions.

I bought a brand new Optima Red Top Battery last night! Yipeee!

Now, I either have some bad cables, or bad starter contacts. There is no hair left on my head (shaved it last night) or it fell out. I feel like it is probably the positive cable after all of the charging/jumping. I'm back to just a click in the passenger kick panel. I'm about to leave it alone for another week, and come back with a clear head.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForcedTorque;1051526 said:
Jay do you still have that supplier that gave you such a good deal on 5 gallon buckets of Butane?I have enough matches for mine and Vonda's, if that is still your intentions.

I bought a brand new Optima Red Top Battery last night! Yipeee!

Now, I either have some bad cables, or bad starter contacts. There is no hair left on my head (shaved it last night) or it fell out. I feel like it is probably the positive cable after all of the charging/jumping. I'm back to just a click in the passenger kick panel. I'm about to leave it alone for another week, and come back with a clear head.

Scott take a battery out of another car and try it, you may have got a bad battery.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahooked;1051605 said:
Scott take a battery out of another car and try it, you may have got a bad battery.

I left for vacation right after my last post, and haven't seen the car since. The Optima showed 12.6 volts when I got it, and after jumping it with the Trailblazer to see if the extra voltage would help, it shows just over 13 volts now. It's disconnected until I return. I'm off work longer than I will be gone, so maybe I can get it figured out before I have to go back to work.