ForcedTorque's 3E5 has Arrived!!!!!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ForcedTorque;1063041 said:
but he's a grandfather, so it's OK

You cant prove that! I never took a DNA test!

I will say that while 3E5 is a great color 3F2 really grows on ya. It doesnt take on the orange cast that 3E5 does. Besides, Im in the official red supras thread, thats close enough :biglaugh:

EDIT: WOOT POST #1300 of the thread, what do I win!?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Shhh....don't tell anybody! Somebody got off their ass!

p1064364_1.jpg

p1064364_2.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The engine bay looks awesome Scott and the multi color'd exterior is really starting to grow on me.........:love:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I know the paint scheme isn't quite what alot of the cars here have, but it wouldn't be so many colors if I wasn't trying to use the very best part I had in each situation. I had the money put away to paint it until my son backed our trailblazer into a tree. I thought I was doing right not claiming it on insurance, but by the time I rented the wife something to drive, and the repair, and the body shop going an extra week on our rental, I ended up wishing I would have claimed it. It cost me right at $2500 all together. I had $2700 put up for paint at that time, and now my ebay sales have come to a screeching halt. It may now be a little while that I have to drive Frank!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Frank N. Stein...............you hillbillies crack me up..............:biglaugh:

Mine cost me $1200.00 and Vonda's cost me $1500.00

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
For what I really want, it's gonna cost me close to $3000. I may let a couple more folks give me a quote though before I get it done. I want a TRUE professional doing it, that I have seen work from and appreciate. Jay you may have seen cars posted by Lownismo17 in the Mobile thread over on SF (the only thread I go there for). I may go to the shop he works for for a quote. His 240 was S.I.C.K., but now he is driving a MKIV. Their paint work looks really nice too, and he says it should be cheaper than what I was quoted.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't seen any of their work, but sounds like they do a great job. My car looks really good for what I paid. I don't know what a three thousand dollar job would look like though. I'll be waiting to see how yours turns out if the eBay sales pick up.

Pete, pronunciation was never my strong suit. It's hard to pronunciate with the slow redneck drawl.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;1064406 said:
I haven't seen any of their work, but sounds like they do a great job. My car looks really good for what I paid. I don't know what a three thousand dollar job would look like though. I'll be waiting to see how yours turns out if the eBay sales pick up.

Pete, pronunciation was never my strong suit. It's hard to pronunciate with the slow redneck drawl.

That's right Pete. Jay and I are in the same spelling class. It's a statewide class so we could fill a classroom of willing spellers. It's just spelling 101, and Jay and I are looked up to as class leaders. The rest are amazed that we can get on a computer. Some are confused as to what one of those even is.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
gtsfirefighter;1064423 said:
So I can assume you got it started???? What fixed the starting issue?

Details please!!!!!

It's kinda crazy, but I'm not sure what it was! Either a loose battery cable, or possibly the starter cable didn't have a good connection. It looked weird when i got down there. The battery cable and starter wire were pretty much on top of each other. I started to take the cable loose, and the longer I looked at it, I realized what happened. When I put the Optima in, and stretched the cables to fit, the cable turned down there and jammed against the starter connections. I got things straightened out, and tightened it back up. Turned the key, and everything was fine. The motor runs a whole lot smoother, but still has not much power. I think I should recheck my timing. I can't remember if me and Noah used the jumper wire when we set it. I'm pretty sure we did tho. Tomorrow I will be rechecking my VF signal, and I will post that info.

theWeezL;1064433 said:
you dorks...the quote was from Young Frankenstein. :biglaugh:

So I should name it Fronk for the time being?

UkiSash

no mor sup :(
Jul 12, 2005
Weth CT
Scott ive always figured youd have the kinks figured out WAAAAAY before i get my car on the road !!!! Take a vacation :D work on surpa!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for the starting issue getting fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I have been driving my car for a week now. I tried to take it to a well known exhaust shop to get my wideband bung welded in for my new Eugo. Do you believe the old guy said he couldn't weld?????????????????????? No, my car won't even ride by that shop again!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1072760 said:
I have been driving my car for a week now. I tried to take it to a well known exhaust shop to get my wideband bung welded in for my new Eugo. Do you believe the old guy said he couldn't weld?????????????????????? No, my car won't even ride by that shop again!

Just show him the hand next time you drive by.:biglaugh: