Flateric's, Rocket Red Road Sled!

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Also recently added a set of cusco coilovers front and rear that I am very happy with. Both in ride quality and handling.

They were originally intended for an Aristo, the fronts fit without issue, the rears required that I weld different ends onto the lower mounting sleeve. A minor job really and doesn't involve and welding to anything that contains strut criticals. I removed the lower mounts from a set of old used rear struts. IMG_0625.jpg

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
]Recently while cleaning up my garage I came across some of my old failed or otherwise FUBAR'd parts. Some of which I have been promising to post pics of for a very long time so here they are.

Here is a VERY messed up CT26 compressor wheel that had a more than slight collision with it's housing after the turbo shaft snapped while at max boost. Very very messy.

ct26compressFUBAR.jpgct26FUBAR2.jpg

Here is the result of running lean, very lean and therefor very hot.

piston1.jpgpiston2.jpgpiston3.jpg

And lastly here is the oil tower mount bolt/valve that came in my first 2jz, got unknowingly transferred to my 2nd 2jz that killed them both immediately. The lesson to be learned here was to be sure and go through your JDM import motor carefully and don't assume anything. Why someone would weld up and drill out this part is beyond me. Terrible welds as well.

oilpressvalve2.jpgoilpressvalve3.jpgoilpressfiltervalve1.jpg