ffim available in the near future?

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
You guys will love the new version.

Height...it actually sits about a 1/4" lower than stock. It will fit under the hood.

So the EGR wasn't an issue.....until...today...so after talking to about everyone who owns a Supra in CA today, it will be included. We forget about emissions in MN sometimes I guess.

We have spent all day taking calls and redoing or FFIM, I do not have a drawing tonight but I will tommorrow for you. What we are looking at doing is running the EGR up by the CSI, thus in the middle of the cylinders. I am working on a way to supply it blocked off and the EGR required customers have an easy bolt on mod. Remember our parts need to work for everyone that does bolt on mods. The basics of a FFIM are complicated but thats the fun of it, making it work for huys who want this stuff but not sure how to go about it.

Guys we (everyone here) we are going to build a AWESOME product...I am sure of it after all the calls and emails. My fingures hurt from typing and Greg is excited the more he works on it...It's going to be GREAT

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
sweetness! but with all these block off plates for things not used, such as EGR or ISCV, or CSI, how clean can it look with 3 block off plates? i'll be running with the ISCV and CSI but no EGR, but i'm just curious on how good a block off plate can look?

other than that...I WANT THE PROTOTYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can't wait for more updates?

-t3d

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Come on now...what have we made that looks bad?

We are working on putting the EGR and CSI on the bottom in the middle. So you will not see the plates. The ISC valve...working on putting it on the back of the FFIM, you won't see it if it's there or not.

You guys have sent in so many ideas, we are looking at them all.

The prototype, it's going to be plastic (PVC) is that ok? jk

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
SupraSportJack;1227494 said:
Come on now...what have we made that looks bad?

We are working on putting the EGR and CSI on the bottom in the middle. So you will not see the plates. The ISC valve...working on putting it on the back of the FFIM, you won't see it if it's there or not.

You guys have sent in so many ideas, we are looking at them all.

The prototype, it's going to be plastic (PVC) is that ok? jk

shit if you can't see it, all the better. NOTHING you guys have made looks bad. you guys are awesome. haha regardless, i WILL be purchasing one of these, so it's all good.

and yes!!!!!!!!!! i'll take the PVC prototype...i might not use it, but i'll keep it
:biglaugh:

-t3d

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
First thanks EVERYONE for the kind words...

I think for the plastic prototypes maybe we should just do a raffle for everyone who buys one. The prototypes are actually pretty cool and are used to be bolted on. I'll talk to Greg tommorrow but I am sure he will be game. I know one will stay here but we will probably have to make a couple to get all the options on it properly before it's done.

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
Plastic intakes are not such a bad thing. They have produced very good flow with plastic these days. Looks good, if only I had a 7m to put this on.....

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
hey jack.how easy does this cast weld?if it weld's like the stock mani,weld and sand smooth to get rid of the block off plate's.a 7m engine bay will look so much better with this piece regardless of block off plate's.a 7m with ffim and c.o.p=ftw

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
We are not making them in plastic! The printing process we use is more for prototyping, not parts. Aluminum is better a dissipating heat in products like these so we are going to stick to it.

The aluminum will be 7075 or 6061. We will decide that when we talk to the foundry. As far as welding it's easy if you know how. The alloy we use is US spec per say. It's alot easier to weld than imported products. It's funny how alloys change from country to country.

Don't worry about the EGR, CSI, and ISC...we are going to make them "unseen" even if you choose to use them. Our goal is to be able to make one part that can look good, function perfect and work for all 7MGTE applications. It also has to be able to be stcked on our shelf without modification from part to part. If you choose to remove a B-O plate and use that option...it's there.

We are on a mission to make the perfect FFIM and your ideas are definently making it happen!

Thanks for all the feedback so far

Last edited:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Not sure how far you guys have made it with the actual prototyping but from my experience you will not be able to fit the alternator above the A/C with the runners coming straight off the head. And when I say that, I mean not angled towards the center of the manifold like the stock runners currently do. Here is the one I built almost 2 years ago:
p1227701_1.jpg

p1227701_2.jpg

and
Here you can see with the alternator lowered to the max, actually sitting on the A/C it is still in the way of the #1 runner:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Just a heads up, I may be wrong and you may have already addressed this. But needless to say if looks like an extremely nice product. I will have my new style out the end of the month ;)

Seth

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Seth,
Kinda sorta like your pics ...We have a couple of options for the alternator, 1-relocate to where the A/C is and lose A/C or 2-damn close to what your doing, we have made a cast part that bolts to the engine and replaces the old bracket to drop the alt down.
The difference is or FFIM looks like it will sit slightly higher than yours, it has the same footprint as the stock or really close.

Because we are building it from flange out we are able to change the shape and direction of the runners.
I actually have not seen the pics of yours before and it looks like what we went after for fitment.

It's really tough to compare the parts from pics, once I can post up the new drawings of ours tommorrow I will put the fuel rail in there to show the placement, I think that will help show what I mean when I say kinda/sorta similar.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Just looking at the pic I have on my sig. The new version is alot different. The runners have changed shape and direction. We have also been able to change the length of the plenium to get the fitment where we want it and even get the flow properties we required

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Hey Jack,
I actually designed an alternator drop bracket in SW that replaced the stock bracket and acheived the lowering but for me the cost vs over benefit just wasn't there. I have to have the shop next door CNC my parts that I want and it just isn't as economical as having inhouse CNC or casting abilities.
With the manifold being as long as it is with the runners coming straight out you really don't have much choice in fitment because you are really limited in the rear by the brake booster. My new design is going to be from the head flange up as well but the runners will be a good bit different then yours and obviously it will not be cast.
As you guys are working on I am also trying to get away from the whole core thing but also it is so tough to build them and make everyone happy!

But anyways you guys are doing a great job and building a great product. If you guys are interested in buying SW drawing for a short/meduim runner manifold with tapered design let me know ;) lol

Seth

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Jack: If you get a chance check out the inside of a GTR Nissan plenum they use some lumps and bumps opposite the ports to help turn the air and break up the boundary layer.

Would be very easy to include at this point in development.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
We are no longer using the straight out runners, that is going to be used in our 1j after the 7m is done. We have gone the the angled runners to also allow the CSI and EGR to to placed in the center. I really wish I ahd a pic here at home to post up on the updated 7m design, it would explain SOOOO much.

Are you using a Q45 on yours? The TB looks alot like the ones we are planning on using. What brand is yours? It looks bigger than the average Q45.
What mm TB do you use?

Sorry for being so nosie, we are building two different products that do pretty much the same thing. If you don't want to answere no problem, we already know exactly what we are building, these are just curiosity questions.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
IJ.;1227738 said:
Jack: If you get a chance check out the inside of a GTR Nissan plenum they use some lumps and bumps opposite the ports to help turn the air and break up the boundary layer.

Would be very easy to include at this point in development.

I was getting a bit nervous...a thread you didn't have input in. JK
I am googling it right now