Fernando's white street car build

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
And then a few hours ago we installed the AeroCatch hood pins on my car. Decided to get the drilling done before the final paint touch ups.

Last edited:

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
ask92;2063363 said:
For the love of god please post more pictures of the black car!! Are you doing the painting yourself??

No, I started it but decided to let a friend take over. Here's another pic!

Got the chassis home. Time to put her back together...

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
FernandoDLT;2068350 said:
We're still have it here. That build is on hold for now. I really wanted my car running lol.

Oh okay. Was the 7M in the red car temporarily swapped out of the black car? Sorry for the questions haha, I was always curious about this.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Made more progress with the electric steering.

Got the electric motor adapted to the column.

I didn't take any pictures of the break down but we took apart the rack and removed a few hydraulic components I wont be using anymore. Then we cleaned the rack up by welding in holes and smoothing with the lathe.

Got these pieces cleaned up. Now we just have to grease everything and reinstall

I'll be ordering new boots from DriftMotion on monday. Now we must secure the motor under the dash and wait for the controller.

Fernando

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
The rear quarter trim is discontinued so we had to repaint mine, they came out pretty nice. Next we installed the tinted glass, hatch, and wing.

I'm getting the lexan tinted before final install

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I was going to continue installing the rest of the interior but then I got another idea

Weight savings, quieter, and better insulation

I still need to cover the rest of the car with the foam padding. I have another layer of jute padding I'll lay over the foam.

I'll update you guys with more pics soon.

Fernando