Fernando's white street car build

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nice 4Runner! They're a lot of fun to play with aren't they? I've got an 01 4x4 myself. The Supra is looking good too, that's gonna be one seriously clean engine bay when its all finished up. Can't wait to see more updates!

grifter679

Dec 14, 2008
San Francisco
nice chasebays radiator,
i went through a lot of work to tuck a 24x19 radiator, ended up with a custome lower core support cross member and removable upper

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Silver MK3;2036188 said:
Nice 4Runner! They're a lot of fun to play with aren't they? I've got an 01 4x4 myself. The Supra is looking good too, that's gonna be one seriously clean engine bay when its all finished up. Can't wait to see more updates!
Thanks, I love my 4Runner lol. I've been wheeling a lot. Let me know if you're ever out this way. I think there's a big Toyota jamboree in east Texas later this year.

grifter679;2036197 said:
nice chasebays radiator,
i went through a lot of work to tuck a 24x19 radiator, ended up with a custome lower core support cross member and removable upper
Thanks, it's definitely a nice unit! I just ended up getting a smaller radiator. I'm not too worried about heat. My brother's car takes awhile just to GET UP to temp on E85. My setup will have this dual pass design, better air routing, and E85.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
FernandoDLT;2036255 said:
Thanks, I love my 4Runner lol. I've been wheeling a lot. Let me know if you're ever out this way. I think there's a big Toyota jamboree in east Texas later this year.

It's so much fun to have something you can take where the pavement ends and then the gravel ends too. I just looked up that Toyota Jamboree thing. I might be able to actually make that. I'll keep it in mind and have to see how things are looking when the time gets closer. It's about a 9-10 hour drive for me to that area of Texas. I used to live in El Paso though and that was at least twice that even though it was the same state... If I can make it I'd love to meet you and your brother and check out your Supras and 4Runner! Seems like all the cool car meets are never that close to me. Here in Alabama the car seen is Mustangs, Camaros, and straight piped American trucks...

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
My supra won't be there as it's about 2 hours east of my house lol. But we may be having a meet in May if you wanna come out again! My car should have a motor in and running by then

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
FernandoDLT;2036479 said:
My supra won't be there as it's about 2 hours east of my house lol. But we may be having a meet in May if you wanna come out again! My car should have a motor in and running by then

That's a possibility. If gas prices stay as low as they are right now then I would like to do some traveling this summer anyway. Heck, right now I'm looking at making a drive a 6 hour drive to possibly pick up a sport hood for the 4Runner haha. I wouldn't mind making it out to a few car events and making long weekends out of them as well.

Those inner fenders are gonna look so good! Sorry to distract from your thread with all the other talk.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
When I first started the paint project I was going to do bay and bumper only, but I cant stop now. I've started pulling interior. I'll also be taking the hatch to have Lexan installed and ordering a carbon hood from Jarvis.

Heres a before pic

Fernando

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Thanks guys!

I forgot to post this pic

A few updates:
I ordered my carbon hood from Jarvis :naughty:
Got the hatch back today. It weighed 78lbs with glass. Now weighs 38lbs with Lexan.

Also received some windshield, door, and hatch moldings from Elmhurst Toyota!

Rear quarter panel window moldings are discontinued from Toyota so I have see about carefully removing and cleaning them up.

Getting closer to start working on the body. Im having trouble finding side mirrors without cracks, hopefully that doesn't end up slowing us down...

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Really digging the build so far, especially that Radiator. I have been wondering for a while why I don't see anyone going with a dual pass since the water inlet/outlet is both on the passenger side. IIRC even duane tucked his but went single pass. Any plans to overdrive the water pump or do you think it will push fast enough?

What are the dimensions on it?

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I think our pump pushes just fine. My radiator is 9" x 24" x 3" thick. Pretty small but I'll have a better designed radiator, ducting, and the cars run much cooler on E85.