EMS Stinger 8860/6860 1JZ Base settings and ECU help needed. :(

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
10secdream;1403294 said:
I would try selling it to a VVTI owner. Honestly if Aaron put that much effort into it you might as well try and recover some costs and get an actual 1JZ harness built.

The problem was that even though I had it running great, the VVTi was disabled because the 6860 isn't capable of controlling VVTi. It's a complicated feedack loop circuit and software that a normal standalone would not have the correct inputs and outputs to be able to operate.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
All I know is that Aaron built my harness and sold me my stinger and it works great! Aaron is the man! I know that its not on behalf of his shady work or somethin like that.. All in all he is a stand up guy! I say your problem is either a map or your wiring past the harness from the stinger... Weird that it runs good on stock ecu and wont runner on stinger..

NokaoiMK3;1524676 said:
All I know is that Aaron built my harness and sold me my stinger and it works great! Aaron is the man! I know that its not on behalf of his shady work or somethin like that.. All in all he is a stand up guy! I say your problem is either a map or your wiring past the harness from the stinger... Weird that it runs good on stock ecu and wont runner on stinger..
If you read beyond the first few posts, Aaron and i figured out that the harness was incorrect. It was built for a 1jz vvti, this is why it doesnt work. I stilll need a few pictures of a good 1jz harness so i can rewire it properly. If anyone has a quality picture of each side, i would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!