Eagle Rods + Stock Pistons?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Rennat;1127147 said:
zum - how much did your valve stem seals cost ya?

From the dealer they're not cheap.

I bought a full toyota gasket kit and they were in there.

I did a search for 90913-02062 on Toyotaworld.com (Jeff Watson) and they were ~7 bux each.

I'd call him up and say supra in any way and get the discount and expedited service.

And i'd avoid dealing with local asshats at any dealers List is 8.66 and they usually sell parts for a little or a lot over list depending on where. ;)

LOL!

Get a vid of the damn smoke. I have a feeling your friends are steering you wrong! ;)

Go wide open then let off. If you have a lot of smoke when you let off then i'd consider chasing the valve seal issue down. If it's during a wide open pull and is light i wouldn't bother. If your cruising and give light throttle then it may be valve seals.

MattJK had a "big ass" smoke show when his valve seals were bad.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
hmm.... makes me wonder why the cometic ones are only $11... LOL

i'll make some calls tomorrow and see whats going on, but im gonna do a leak down test before i buy anything, because if my rings are leaking, then im not going to bother buying all these fancy tools for nothing!

edit: yeah... defintaley going to make a video tomorrow... might go and do it tomorrow morning somewhere...
so far everybody has said thats it only under boost... so i honestly have no idea...

Tomorrow though... boost leak test, and a freakin leak down test, and then if both of those check out 100% then im going my valve stem seals.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
TheNewRed;1126989 said:
Hey guys, i just wanted to chime in on the ring spacing. i just installed my "classic Race" total seal rings and i followed the spacing they gave me which is... Is this gonna be ok?
sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]

tings should be 180 degres of each other and when done should look like an x, as someone stated

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i should go make a poll on what stem seals people used... haha

so i have...

1 vote for felpro
1 vote for OEM

i should just go buy one stem seal from toyota and compare it to the fel pro and the ones i remove from my head.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Tell me where i can find a 37MM Throttle body for the supra.

I've bought numerous gaskets for my Z from them and had nothing but issues where i have to modify them. (but hell they're cheap and usually come with random leftovers.) For what it's worth great gaskets, poor R&D as of lately. ;)

2ebzgw3.jpg

But knowing what i know about valve stem seals you can't fail going with a cometic/failpro kit. Installation must be done properly as per the link i gave him earlier.

Also if the feltpro set says made in Japan or Malaysia it comes from the same factory as Stone/Ishino Aftermarket.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Rennat;1127022 said:
yes i used staggered spacing.

basically the same as thenewred posted up... only i put the one oil ring at the 'front' and one at the rear so there 180 offset...

my compressor is a 32gallon 150psi... and i just leave it on 24/7.... haha.
NOBODY in my lame ass town had a leak down tester... they kept saying "oh for the a/c"... wtf?
guess im gonna order one from summit racing or jegs...

lol, I had a leakdown tester in the miata when i was at your house 2 weeks ago.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
4U2QUIK - are you fuckin serious?.... there the last place!?!?!?!?!?....

and i'll be sure to let you know if i'll be pulling the head... i'll find out tonight whats going on. also, if you could call me that would be great, got a few questions for ya about that shop then.

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
Rennat;1127589 said:
4U2QUIK - are you fuckin serious?.... there the last place!?!?!?!?!?....

and i'll be sure to let you know if i'll be pulling the head... i'll find out tonight whats going on. also, if you could call me that would be great, got a few questions for ya about that shop then.

ok, maybe not the last plasce, but they're down there. If you really wanted the best shop I would have gone across the street from where you had it machined over at bell and gains. they've been "THE" race shop to go to for years now. If you couldn't get in there (they're usually booked for weeks) then I'd go to reddig brothers. they're assholes, but they do good work. (the owner dave is a major asshole. But that's another story for another day.)
I'm just getting off of work so I'll try to give you a call once I get home. (1 hr or so.)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Are you sure? My engine appeared to have never been apart and the stock ones where hardened rubber...

Maybe they updated em?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Poodles;1127772 said:
Are you sure? My engine appeared to have never been apart and the stock ones where hardened rubber...

Maybe they updated em?

On the 92 head they were red like the ones that come in the toyota kit. (viton)

On the 90 head they were black. My assumption is they're rubber and there was an update. ;)