Do you want Energy Suspension Poly Bushings? READ HERE.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Any word on this needing the car idea?

I think I look at this whole bushing thing a little differently. I am a poor ass Joe with a supra. I love my car and desire to drive it as long as I can. One of the ways I make my vehicles last is when the time comes to replace something I try and go above and beyond what’s required to just get my car back on the road. I made my first set of bushing from machinable poly urethane not much different than the first guy who made his kid the set of poly skateboard wheels, squeaked like a mutha but they lasted 17 years. Today there are companies that mass produce them. These companies are NOT in the business of making buddies; they are in the business of making money regardless of who pays it. If any of these companies feel there is no money to be made, there will be no bushings. The day these companies feel there is money to be made we wont need to beg them, common sense will take over, THEY will do the research to validate the market. THEY will take it upon themselves to mass produce these bushings and market them to US. Now as for the maker of the current set of poly bushings, I like many can't afford them. I know you realize this is a fact. I also applaud your great work and the fact you can supply them to those that can afford them. Now maybe if you’re interested you could be the person to go to an injection molding company( See Link Below) with either your current drawings, or even have another member make the drawings, and ask them how much they want to produce X amount of each bushing, lets say they produced the entire kit for 150.00 the sum you used in the other post, you add on another 50.00 for your pocket as profit just because your the inventor and then come up with a price and see what the response is from the community to that price. Hell maybe we could find a Chinese manufacturer, anyone ever think of that? The bottom line is unless the current manufacturers see the potential profitability they are never going to be made.

Those are my thoughts, post yours

http://www.thomasnet.com/products/injection-molding-polyurethane-95971131-1.html

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I've spent the week thus far attempting to contact Mike. So far, I've missed him twice. I just left him a phone number, so let's see what I can get to happen!

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I have just spoken with Mike Papazian @ Energy Suspension concerning bushings for us.

First, either at the end of this week or the beginning of next, he will be calling an R&D meeting with the engineers to decide the next vehicle to come in. The MKIII Supra he has already told me, is on the top 5 list.

He wants to see what kind of interest there truly is in this. We've already got a person willing to bring his Supra in to have these bushings made (big THANKS to Suprageezer for this!)

Mike would also like to know what specific areas we want to ensure bushings are made for.

The upper and lower control arms, front and back, are an obvious. What else? Subframe bushings? Steering rack bushings? Swaybar bushings?

Let's see this through, guys!

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
My Info is sent, this will be an incredible upgrade for many of us someday if it works out. Steering rack bushings would be great as well as the subframe bushings, the sway bar bushings are pretty much mass produced according to sway bar thickness, but theres no substitute for a complete set which is what I've been used to buying for muscle cars I've built or worked on.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
I really hope this comes threw guys.Thank you everybody who has been helping and lets not give up.

also suprageezer I like what you said of course it's not what we want to hear but your right.But I still think as were waiting for this to come threw or see if it's a big joke that sombody should start turning the wheels on making some drawings/bushings.Even if energy makes them who cars like he said you could sell x amount of the ones you had made as a group buy.Make some cash,and make broke MKIII owners like myslef happy.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Spoke with Mike again yesterday - they are looking at today/tomorrow to get together about which car they want to do.

I sent him a link to this thread, to check out the interest in these.

Interested? Post up! Be heard!

holdbrooks

Aug 24, 2006
Alaslama
I want some now! I have 250,000 miles on whats left of my stock ones, but I can't see paying over $600 for the supra when i can buy a whole kit for the focus for under $150.

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
i'm definetly in on this. in the 7 years i've owned supras, this has always been a problem for me.!! BRING 'EM ON!!! i can't wait to change them all !!!

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
I would like to volenteer my car, it is not a daily driver so time needed is not an issue, I use it for racing only. It runs great and I live locally to them. I also have a trailer and could take it anywhere. I would be willing to make this happen for the community. If interested i can provide suspension specs and pics.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Just got off the phone with mike, from a dealer of energy suspension's stanpoint, claiming that i have quite a few customers interested in bushing sets and that the company could definetly benefit from selling these kits and he assured me that they are in the works and MKIII's have been in the top 10 list of cars to do for quite some time, he said shoot for May when they actually have something made, they said they have a car already there waiting just needs to coordinate the R&D department.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yep, we've already got someone on line to let them use their car for R&D - he's still getting his engineers together :)

Keep in support coming!