Do you want Energy Suspension Poly Bushings? READ HERE.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Here are two examples of me trying to get someone to make poly bushings we can afford. The more we bug these folks the sooner were going to have affordable bushings. I have been doing this for at least the last six years.

My email to Summit Racing to ask them to ask Energy to make them. I figured their clout might help motivate them.

Hello,
Us folks in the Toyota Supra community sure would appreciate it if you could contact Energy Suspension and ask them to create a complete Poly Bushing Kit for 89-92 Supras. There are only two sets made so far, one made in Australia, one made by a member of supraforums.com who charges 600.00, which is far more than most folks can afford for just bushings when folks like justsupension sells complete bushing and suspension kits for most cars around 225.00.

Thank You
Rick

Summit Racing Response

Hello. If you have enough people that would order a kit, I would suggest contacting them direct to see if they would make a kit to fill the orders. Thanks
ENERGY SUSPENSIONS 949-361-3935
PROTHANE 714-979-4990
Customer09/30/2007 02:44 PM
Question Reference #070930-000167
Product Level 1: Customer Service
Product Level 2: Site Feedback
Date Created: 09/30/2007 02:44 PM
Last Updated: 10/01/2007 10:11 AM
Order Number:
Phone or Fax Number:
If you would like to place an order, you can order at www.summitracing.com, or call our sales line. If we can be of further assistance do not hesitate to contact us. Your friends at Summit Racing.
SALES LINE 1-800-230-3030 or 330-630-3030
FAX LINE 330-630-5333

My Email to Energy as you can see I think at the time they wern't interested at all.

Zik Zieman to hyperflex aka Energy Suspension
show details 9/30/07 Reply

Hello,
Any complete poly bushing sets coming in the future for a 1989 Toyota Supra?

Thank You
Rick
Reply Forward
Kevin Lake to me
show details 10/2/07 Reply

Energy Suspension Response

fromKevin Lake <klake@energysuspension.com>
reply-toklake@energysuspension.com,
toZik Zieman <suprageezer@gmail.com>,
dateOct 2, 2007 7:24 AM
subjectRE: Bushing Question

Sorry we do not THANK YOU

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
suprageezer;894109 said:
I'm 15 mins south of Energy. I have an 89 N/A, how long would they need it? AND do I get a set for loaning them my car?

IIRC they offered a set when you let them use your car. ill find out tomarow

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Doward;893880 said:
Seriously folks, this is ridiculous. I just got off the phone with Matt @ Energy Suspension (one of the sales/tech guys) asking about setting up a group buy to get ES to build us some bushings (much like Aaron and I did with the Probe Forged pistons)

So I spoke with him a moment, and came to a startling revelation. They WANT to fix that hole in their catalog.

Would you like to know WHY they haven't made us any bushings?

NOBODY HAS BROUGHT THEM A DAMN CAR!!!

So, I've got to call Mike Papazian @ 1-949-361-3935, after he returns on the 25th (next week) to get him to approve building us some bushings.

Now, who in that area will let them borrow their car, for the good of the Supra community?

Im willing to let them borrow my car if needed. Let me know. I rarely drive it so it being gone for a little while isnt a big beal.

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Piratetip;894178 said:
You are saying superpro has every bushing for the car besides rear upper A arm and front upper + lower A arm?
I was not aware of this.

The rear upper A arm is the same as the front Upper.

Here are mine:

88tsupra

Mar 21, 2007
long beach
If they need a car let me know. I only drive my car like 4 times a week and thats to work. So it wont be a hassel at all for me to find another car to use.

Plus I'm about an hour away and i don't mind the drive to there.

Oh and I'm completely on stock suspension and still using the sawblades if that helps.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I've had these guys (energy suspension) on the phone so many times and they always say the same thing..."Yeah we're 6 mos away from developing a set of bushings...or Gee we just don't get that much call for them (lie) blah blah blah....

I hope you can get it done, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree it's rediculous, especially when you consider that they make MKII bushings, but there's not enough demand for MKIII yada yada...

As far as the reason being "that they haven't had a MKIII to use to develop them" ...Puhleeeeeeeeeeeze...that's totally bullshit.

I can't imagine what they're reasons are, but I haven't heard anything yet that has the ring of truth come out of energy suspension yet.

Good luck though.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
You guys are missing the way companies work. If no one is bugging them from the outside or there is no internal pressure to design something it won't get done. Maybe no one at energy had an Mk3 and no one who called was really putting up a good enough argument for them to prioritize the bushings. There are lots of reasons why some parts get made and some parts don't.

But someone please get them a car while they are thinking about doing them. These will be great for street cars, especially if the price is good. So don't slack and get over there. Otherwise somethig might come up and it might go on the 6 months or more list again.

Tim

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I have a rolling shell (parts car) they can borrow? lol Does it need to drive? I've got an N/A engine they can throw in if it bothers them that much. :)

Collin

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL - Glad to see some interest! I think the problem, is it's hard to get a small community like the MKIII community, to really leverage what weight they have.

BTW, suprageezer, Kevin is the guy that handles 90&#37; of the emails. I called in and spoke with someone else.

The problem is, you questioned wrong ;) You don't ask 'How long till you guys make some
?' You ask 'What do we, as a community, need to do to make this happen?"

The final word on this will be from Mike Papazian. He's the guy that has to approve someone bringing a car by, and approve ES building the bushings.

He's out of town until the 25th (Friday) - I will call them back on Friday, see if I can get him, but I'd bet it'll be Monday before I actually get to speak with him.

In the meantime, I want to make DAMN SURE we have someone on standby, that can get a car to them! If it takes us days or weeks to get a car over here, ES IS NOT GOING TO TAKE US SERIOUSLY.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
927mgtepat;894506 said:
The rear upper A arm is the same as the front Upper.
"He sells every bushing for the car."

You know there are many more bushings in the car than what Superpro offers right?
BTW: I have Superpro's.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Doward, if my DD 89 N/A will do it then they can use it like said I am very close I know where they are, I've been a customer of theirs for a heck of a long time, so I am all for it. My 190K mile undercarriage is nasty dirty but if that don't matter lets set up a day to drop if off, I just wanna know how they might have it. I have two vehicles so I can go without my DD for a while. I just wanna be up front my car aint no show car, so if that's okay great. I'll shoot you a PM with my info.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
I really hope that we can come through with a car for them. (They could use mine, but it's not running or practical to try to drag it from Michigan). Would additional emails help at this point, or is it best to wait until you can speak with Mike when he gets back into town?

If or when these kits are developed, I know I'd be one of the people who would purchase a kit.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Thank you suprageezer for offering I hope your car will be what they need.

well I just got off the phone with them and it was a guy named kevin.I called them to "bug" them all I did was call and say that I was on there website and I saw that they didn't have it for my car.i said I was in the market to buy bushings and wanted to know if they make it for my car and they said no but within 6 months they should be made.I said how come?because they make them for a lot of cars and I know a lot of people who would like to buy them.He said that he has gottin a lot of calls and emails for them to make it for that car and theres nothing he could do because some things that they make like LS1 mounts or somthing esle will sell 100 to 1.One being our bushings.So than he went on telling me that he a "mark 3" and he's been trying to get them made but they just won't.So than I said well what would it take to have them made for our cars he said when there good and ready.he than said i could send a email with a pic of my car and the vin for me to offer it to them for a lil time so they could make them.Than I went on saying that I live in Jersey and I said well do you have a cra for the test.He said we have about 10 people who offerd but they got turned down for the time being till there ready.So than I said be real with me when do you think they'll start getting made he said a year.

sorry if I miss spelled anything.

fuck it I say we just keep callin and writing to these guys till we get what we want.

I'm going to be writing them within the next few days

p.s.i told him how much other bushings go for our cars and I said how most people can't pay for that.He said I know how much they go for and he said if we did start making them for our car the'll be around the 300$ mark

suprafredde

Apr 21, 2005
South of sweden
When/if they get those bushings out on the market I bet a few sets will find their way to Europe!

No market for mkIII bushings LOL :aigo:
Get them out ASAP!

suprafredde

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
Just an fyi, this am I wrote Prothane again, they are in costa mesa and are energy's competitors. I told them whole enchilada, and that basically no one including energy is interested so maybe they could be the stars and produce them. This really takes an email campaign, when they have a zillion folks bugging their website maybe they'll all get sick of us and make the damn things so please write write write them ALLLLLLLLLL.

Heres a list of folks it can't hurt to ask

http://www.energysuspension.com/

http://www.prothane.com/

http://www.p-s-t.com/

http://www.summitracing.com/

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Sometimes threads get started at all too appropriate a time... I've got my '87 in the alignment shop now because I started eating though the inside edge of my rear tires. The guy at the shop told me yesterday it's because I need new upper control bushings. So I started searching the forum and finding out how flippin expensive it is to get poly bushings, and how impossible it is to even settle for factory bushings.

So plus one for this thread - I'm interested! Knowing the alternative, I'd sink around $300 into the full set if one gets made. It's either that, or $260 for a full set (front and rear) from Toy Head Auto - They look like the Super Pro set.

http://www.toyheadauto.com/PerformancePages/Polyurethane_Bushings.html#SUPRA_MA70_MA71

I'm a little over two hours from Phoenix, so if Performance Suspension needs a test car, I'm in for the loaner. Anyone have a contact for them???

http://www.performancesuspension.com/

DangoAZ

Driver
Jun 13, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
Just sent an email to the generic box at Performance Suspension in Phoenix... I'll let you know what I hear:

Hello -

I'm writing inquiring what I might be able to do to talk you into putting together a poly suspension bushing kit for the MK3 Toyota Supra (86 - 93 model years). There is a shortage of them on the market... We as a Supra Community can only find control arm bushings from 2 places - a company in Australia, and a fellow on supraforums.com - and full suspension kits cost $600.

This email finds it way to you after two threads on our dedicated MK3 techincal forum discussing the lack of control arm / full suspension bushing kits for our cars. If there is anything I can do to help support a kit getting made, I'd love to help. I live in Flagstaff and would be willing to drive down and offer my car up for a prototyping session if needed.

There are some fired up Supra owners out there that would love to buy a kit from you, so please let me know if it can be done!

Thanks.
Dan