Do you want Energy Suspension Poly Bushings? READ HERE.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Kevin's not the guy that has final say in what gets made. He's salesman that answers the emails, that's all ;)

Mike is the guy we need to convince @ ES to get these made. Call in, and ask for Matt in Sales/Tech, if you want to talk to someone @ ES in the meantime!

TRACKMKIII

Banned
Feb 17, 2006
Atlanta,GA
suprageezer;895057 said:
Just an fyi, this am I wrote Prothane again, they are in costa mesa and are energy's competitors. I told them whole enchilada, and that basically no one including energy is interested so maybe they could be the stars and produce them. This really takes an email campaign, when they have a zillion folks bugging their website maybe they'll all get sick of us and make the damn things so please write write write them ALLLLLLLLLL.

Heres a list of folks it can't hurt to ask

http://www.energysuspension.com/

http://www.prothane.com/

http://www.p-s-t.com/

http://www.summitracing.com/

I just sent messages to all of them!!

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Is there someone else we can petition to manufacture these bushings?

I hate to say it, but I think we are jacking ourselves off, they aren't going to do it or they would have already (read my previous post #29). I hope I'm wrong, but my gut says otherwise.

Whoever is pulling the strings over there does not want to make those bushings. They have been getting requests for years to make MKIII bushings (myself included) and they just never do it.

I'd get a back-up plan if this doesn't work.

Surely there has to be someone else who can mass produce these things.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
1 guy dicking around doesn't show the company that you're serious.

Remember the Probe Forged Piston group buy? Probe didn't think we were serious, but we showed them otherwise.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
For reference a friend of mine bought a full poly bushing kit for his 1984 mazda rx-7 for $150cdn from a canadian shop. (canadian shops have huge markup on american parts).

At $600 for a kit we are getting horendously raped.

We need more options and competive pricing!!!!

I had mentioned this to George at Raptor Racing and he had some for the MK2 made but not MK3.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I e-mailed Energy with "1987-1992 Toyota Supra Bushings" in the subject line. If they don't read anything else, they'll see that.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Maybe BIC will start making an affordable kit? He started making poly motor mounts recently? Has anybody contacted him? I think that if he had seen this thread he would have posted.

Collin

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
well i just sent them another convincing e-mail, hope they will start to get the picture
marc3 said:
hi,

a couple months ago we spoke concerning having an available kit for the suspension bushings on the mk3 toyota supra(87-92). i was wondering what was going on, and if this was still a possibility?

now i know this is an old model to be supporting, but that is an even better reason to produce these. these cars are getting old, and so are the bushings. resulting in handling problems and wheel-alinement problems. most people who have these cars , take grand care of them and would not hesitate to change/upgrade to some new bushings!

there are more than just a handful of people interested in this, and if there were to be decently priced(only kit available is $600.00) there would be a flood of interest in this!!

this topic has been discussed many times on many different supra related sites and forums,and WE ask " WHAT CAN WE, AS A COMMUNITY, DO TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?"

i've also noticed, that kits are made for the mk2 supra(82-86),and the mk4 supra (93-98)thus not understanding why the mk3 was left out.

we also have many willing people to lend out there cars to ease the process of having these available.

i would appreciate a response towards this , and am willing to help any way i can!

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
If energy or anyone else does say to bring a car over so they can design these bushings. Can whoever does it please make sure that non of your eccentric bolts are frozen in the bushings. First of all it will destroy the bushing and they may not be able to measure it accurately. And secondly, if I were them and the bolts were frozen in the bushings I would probably tell you to bring another car and then they might not have time. So make this as easy as possible for them if they do end up doing this.

And maybe it's just me, but flooding people's email doesn't seem like the best way to do it. Maybe having one person either just a forum member or someone from one of the vendors on here who deals with energy to lead this and show them this thread and any other recent threads showing great interest. I, personally, would get annoyed if I told people that I would not have time to get something done for a while and then got a million emails about it.

A more unified front would make the community look better anyway. At least one of the emails posted and then complained about the companies response was just stupid.

But that's just my opinion.

Tim

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
No Tim, you're right - spearheading a movement works better when you have just one person working to make things go smoothly. Otherwise, you get 50 different people wanting 50 different things, and nothing gets done.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Hopefully they make the motor/tranny mounts and steering rack bushings as well...

Wiisass brings up a good point, the best would be a car with perfect stock bushings and not one with shot bushings...

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
Its great people are mobilizing. It maybe premature but maybe instead of just email (which is great), maybe mixing the ideas of wisass and doward, that we show more of a united front with a group buy?
If we have an order of 100 people from the get go, and we're locked in for a year ( 6 month for their development and another 6 month to allow them to finalize shipping) it shows more commitment than just people calling to ask.
Would the experienced guys agree? i haven't dealt with parts manufacturers, i'm not really sure of their mentalities.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
got_boosted;895965 said:
Maybe BIC will start making an affordable kit? He started making poly motor mounts recently? Has anybody contacted him? I think that if he had seen this thread he would have posted.

Collin

Randy is using off the shelf motor mounts orginaly designed for another car. he isnt making his own.

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
ValgeKotkas;897615 said:
Don't know how many people would buy a product, that they'll get in a year? A bazillion things could happen in one year :D

I wouldn't pay the full purchase price, but I would put a deposit down, and then pay the remainder when the parts are finalized and ready to ship. I'm sure there's others who would also put down a deposit to show that they're serious about purchasing these if ES produces them.

I'll bet that having a group of people willing to pay a deposit to have them produce parts would make a bigger impact then that same group of people who aren't willing to pay anything, but promise to buy their parts if produced. Instead of just saying "I'm interested in buying a kit", I'm willing to show them that I'm interested in buying a kit.