DIY: Tail Lamp Failure Sensor Bypass GET YOUR TAIL AND/OR BRAKE LIGHTS BACK!

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Hey guys i hope someone could help me.

So all the lights except rear driver side parking light and license plate light are off. Passenger side tail light all works. I tried that yellow box bypass - still only right side tail light would come up. Yellow box itself looks very fine. connections are cleaned. i know that both left side + license plate light combo went out the same time and warning light in the dash did blink sometimes before this happened.

The question is does both tail lights share same power supply/ground? Is left tail light somehow connected with license plate light? Maybe someone could tell me which wires from fuse box goes to tail lights... this would explain is tail lights has separate ground..

I cant find anythings else. Im stuck

Last edited:

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
Hey so updating my issue.

After checking that diagram (thx jetjock) i found its not ground issue since all tail lights share same ground same as license plate light. I tried wiring suggestions mentioned in first page but it didnt work. So i found out i also had to use green/blue wire for other tail light plus one more for license plate and then bypass brrak lights as well. After all it all worked and i saw all my lights on once again :)

I made super dodgy temporary sollution untill i find lamp failure box to replace. I want to keep supra as original as possible electronic wise.

Ofcourse i didnt leave it like this :D

Attachments

• 20151216_233125.jpg
    20151216_233125.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 28

Cruser

Aug 17, 2016
Wa state
HI all i'm new here and have a very serious issue although mine is with my 1986 Toyota cressida the tail light module went out and i want to do the bypass, but some of my wires don't match the color scheme you have on the bypass, here is a link pictures on my google share folder https://goo.gl/photos/fQmt4UeJ6vUAHqaz8 of the plug and the module i have. if you could help me to bypass this would be awesome thanks.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Many, Many thanks. My tail lamp failure sensor was telling me that the brake lights were out. Funny thing is that the tail lamp failure sensor was keeping my brake lamps from coming on. I did the bypass and all is working now. By the way the dealer wants $265 for the sensor if anyone is wondering what it cost.