Disappointing test drive

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
I went to a dealership today with my buddy here who was picking up his car, just bought a ms6. The sales guy asked if i was interested in any cars, since he knew i was military and they love money from the military.

Well I wanted to test drive a couple cars, My choice that day was a srt-4 neon. All i am going to say is that it wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, for being a turbocharged car. Bov was cool, lol, low rpm blow offs. Seats were small and uncomfortable, the boost guage in a weird place, its not in the direction i look, too used to my supra i guess.

My supra is way faster stock i think, the srt4 was near new and had a intake, full exhuast, suspension stuff and some mopar stuff. I wouldn't want to buy one, but it is a 4 door, and turbo, cheaper than getting a evo or sti.

I test drove an rx8 too, that car is awesome! I like the feel of the car while driving, smooth through everything. shift knob is weird shaped tho. The back seats are like the fronts, actual seats, it was nice. cool doors. Felt faster than the srt-4. Annoying redline noise. Cool display, I like the whole car in general, it is a nice car.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
well they love military cause they are easy to give credit too due to the steady paycheck.
and you cant possibly even compare a fwd turbo car to a awd turbo like that of a evo or sti. That ca is night and day to the evo or sti.

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
I am so tempted to sell my supra:cry:, i just want a newer car, Theres nothing wrong with my car really.

maybe a rsx type S? I like those alot. really looking into it.
the new Si, or maybe a 350z or s2000. I could buy something along those lines, like 18k ish price range. I want somethign newer, prefer turbocharged and manual tranny.

any ideas?

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
RSX-S are slow as shit and uncomfortable. A friend had one... I was very disappointed to say the least. From what you're looking for, I'd recommend the following:

FWD- nothing, it's just gay
RWD- S2000, possibly a 350Z, RX8 (love the looks, hate the feel), Fbodies, LS1 Vette also a possibility
AWD- Scoobs are ftw, Evo's are okay too.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
I personally think the 350Z's are a blast, but as others mentioned, if you can afford that one, you might as well buy an EVO or an STI. I personally like the STI better, but the EVO does have alot more aftermarket support, it seems. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these 3..... but whats wrong with your Supra? lol.

willtotheumm

I Bleed TRD
Apr 11, 2008
Orcutt, CA
www.myspace.com
350s are badass. My friend has an RSX-S that blows the doors off of a lot of things. I've driven it and was quite suprised. I'll nevr get rid of my Supra for anything. i do plan on keeping it til I die lol.

If I were you i'd look into an Evo for sure. I've heard the X's are fast as shit but i'd take a IX myself. :)

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
I wasn't impressed with the RX-8, Evo vs STI, debatable topic. My friend has built up Evo and it's always broken for some odd reason. I do love me a 350z though, only reason I settled with a Mustang is because I found it full loaded, low milage for $12K.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Quin;994984 said:
RSX-S are slow as shit and uncomfortable. A friend had one... I was very disappointed to say the least. From what you're looking for, I'd recommend the following:

FWD- nothing, it's just gay
RWD- S2000, possibly a 350Z, RX8 (love the looks, hate the feel), Fbodies, LS1 Vette also a possibility
AWD- Scoobs are ftw, Evo's are okay too.

RSX S arent uncomfortable unless you are like 6ft 10 lol. They are very comfy cars well I am 5ft 8in so they are to me. And they are pretty quick especially when built correctly.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
MkIIIentropy;994992 said:
I personally think the 350Z's are a blast, but as others mentioned, if you can afford that one, you might as well buy an EVO or an STI. I personally like the STI better, but the EVO does have alot more aftermarket support, it seems. I don't think you could go wrong with any of these 3..... but whats wrong with your Supra? lol.

I went over this debate for so long before making a decision when buying my evo 9 gsr. I found that if you like raw performance and having a fmic when you buy the car :biglaugh: then the evo is the way to go. The sti is more for the sport/luxury driving experience. Evo is straight balls to the wall ecstacy :naughty:.

And if you are just looking for raw performance and easiest to mod the evo is hands down the best decision. However, do keep in mind the sti does have a nicer interior.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
willtotheumm;994998 said:
350s are badass. My friend has an RSX-S that blows the doors off of a lot of things. I've driven it and was quite suprised. I'll nevr get rid of my Supra for anything. i do plan on keeping it til I die lol.

If I were you i'd look into an Evo for sure. I've heard the X's are fast as shit but i'd take a IX myself. :)

Yes I think the 9s are better as well. Why they put the turbo on the backside of the engine in the X is beyond me? That really made me mad lol.

91GTE

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2006
Massachusetts
I really do like the 350z but around here they are alot less than the evos, evos and STis are still expensive like 20-24k range for a decent one, 350z and s2000 are like in the 13-17k range now which i could afford. anyone interested in a 91 supra?

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
91GTE;995206 said:
I really do like the 350z but around here they are alot less than the evos, evos and STis are still expensive like 20-24k range for a decent one, 350z and s2000 are like in the 13-17k range now which i could afford. anyone interested in a 91 supra?

got any pics?