Did you know inlines 6 engines weren't for perfomance?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Yeah...obviously a Nissan "paid spokesman". I obliterated a 300ZX two weeks ago...wasn't even a contest ;)

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yeah the end of the video states copywright 1993 (I think) Nissan Motor CO.

LOL!

Isn't it funny what a nissan 300z is worth compaired to a mk4 these days?

If only Nissan knew back then....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
what a homo

The bias is so strong in those videos. They didn't have to make it so obvious in the end with the huge Nissan copyright frame.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
meh, I'm not watching that poop.

but I will say this, inline 6s were made more for durability, V6s for horsepower.

that is all.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
he says he can't understand why they used an inline 6 for performance for Toyota. But yet he understands that using a v6 is for performance in the Nissan?????

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Nissan also knows about inline sixes very well..that is why their Skyline "Godzilla" is also a inline six and have been around in the racing scene with thier sixes.

Cheers,
Roy

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
MDCmotorsports said:
This guy is a tool! LOL

That guy is a paid representative of the Nissan Motor Company. Of course he likes the 300Z better, he was paid for that opinon. History told the true tale.

BTW, 300Z's don't last very long once you get them over 450 at the wheels...

Tanya said:
but I will say this, inline 6s were made more for durability, V6s for horsepower.

Negative. That statement is nonsense.

V6's are for vehicles where there isn't enough space in the manufacturers design for an inline motor. It's all about limited hood length. Period.

V motors are inherently more expensive, more complicated and less capable of supporting the power that an inline variation of the same displacement, bore and stroke.

Longevity and horsepower go hand in hand. 7 main bearings supporting a crank with 6 cylinders is always superior to 4 main bearing for 6 cylinders.

The only reason they don't make top fuel dragsters in an inline configuration is nobody wants to deal with a 6 foot long motor, that and Americans are in love with thier V-8's, regardless of the fact an inline 8 would be a superior motor.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
haha, well apparently, my thoughts on this subject is a bunch of nonsense, so I will not comment on it any further :)

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Turbos are more fun than 6 cylinders though.... but a turbo'd 6 cylinder, thats a blast.
... V twin is the most efficient engine layout just for your information...