Deadwood

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
This thread just got a hella lot funnier. Ian you should remake endings to movies, I would like to see what you cook up.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Poo.......I want to see your new and improved sig.

Cliffnotes on "deadwood"......is it a western?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
suprahero;1480660 said:
Poo.......I want to see your new and improved sig.

Cliffnotes on "deadwood"......is it a western?
Yes, but in a realistic way, with actual historic figures. The language has been updated to modern day - I'm sure FUCK and CUNT weren't in use back when this happened, but they sure are in this show, along with a bunch of other epithets.

Comparable to the 'new' western movies that have come out... like Open Range, or Unforgiven.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sweeeet!!! I love westerns. I used to real Louis Lamour books all the time. I've read all of them at least twice probably.......well all of them that looked entertaining to me. I'll definatley have to check this out.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SupraMario;1480640 said:
This thread just got a hella lot funnier. Ian you should remake endings to movies, I would like to see what you cook up.
LOL I would have sworn it ebded differently, to the point of betting and losing $$$ on it..... damn broken brain, now it's going to bug me trying to remember what the ending in my head belonged to!

GrimJack;1480821 said:
Yes, but in a realistic way, with actual historic figures. The language has been updated to modern day - I'm sure FUCK and CUNT weren't in use back when this happened, but they sure are in this show, along with a bunch of other epithets.

Comparable to the 'new' western movies that have come out... like Open Range, or Unforgiven.
There's been a LOT written about the series Dave, I loved how they sprinkled real people through out it, crying shame they never picked up season 4 though...

I watched the "FireFly" series and much the same happened but they managed to make the movie "Serenity" that closed it off nicely, had hopes they'd do the same for Deadwood but doesn't look like it's going to happen now :(

suprahero;1480927 said:
Sweeeet!!! I love westerns. I used to real Louis Lamour books all the time. I've read all of them at least twice probably.......well all of them that looked entertaining to me. I'll definatley have to check this out.
I think you'd really enjoy it J but be warned the language is a bit like being in the shed with me when something goes wrong...... for 12 full DVD's :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Bad language doesnt' bother me...........bad acting does though. I'll get them the first chance I get.

Good luck with other things Ian.