Deadwood

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
While waiting for parts the last 3 days I watched the entire show all 3 seasons :)

Really enjoyed it as I'd ignored it due to the hype surrounding the show when it was current.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
my parents love this show. Id sit down and watch it with them once and a while. I like it too. I wonder how accurate it is to the time?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
It's a blend of old time and modern, I read up on it after watching and the old time profanity just didn't work so they used modern slang instead.

Historically it's loosely based on events around that time but hey it worked for me and made me interested enough to read up on it.

Some hilarious moments in it but you really need to give it your 100% attention as they talk in riddles a LOT.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
"Swedgin" ;)

LOL @ chainsmoked I just did that with all 3 seasons and would actually watch it again soon it was that good!
(started Sunday afternoon at a friends place she lent me the rest of season one I watched that Monday then went over Monday night and borrowed 2 and 3 and finished watching midnight Thursday)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
IJ.;1161998 said:
I borrowed the set from a younger friend :icon_razz
(Bogart is overrated)

Just because "your friend" was born in the Cretaceous Period, doesn't make him any less OLD :evil2:

JK, plz dont ban me :love:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
LMAO my "friend" is a she :icon_razz

as for banning you nah not gonna happen but.....

paddlin.jpg

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
you dirty :)....actually, I can't really be talking shit because of the shit im engaged in here at work with co-workers.

dorky guy at work that nobody likes: "this is bullshit...i try to be nice to them and the girls say that im sexually harassing them, but I see you doing the same thing!"

Johnny D: "you are sexually harassing them...im flirting..theres a difference ;)"

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
IJ.;1162099 said:
JD: Nah was just wondering if Tanya had any Aussie in her? ;)

or if she'd like some :naughty:

Hmm, thread title "Deadwood", by IJ, who's making numerous passes at me...

Something is highly ironic here :sarcasm:

::hides::

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
IJ.;1162106 said:
Being old is the greatest "get out of jail free" card for "harrasment" :D
(you'd be amazed what I get away with these days cos I'm oldNdoddery)

while you're doing that, my friend, I'm enjoying the power and beauty of my youth. :biglaugh:

the girls love me at work....one loves me more than well...lets just say I've been real late on my lunch breaks for the past 3 weeks heh.:love: