custom oil pan

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Good job Ryan definately an improvemnet to stock. By the way how are those shifters coming along?

Hey 1J, want to sell one of those pans?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nash: here ya go! :)

oilpanheight.jpg

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
there is no low oil level on the mkii. its a low pressure light. you can see that yourself watching the gauge, now the 2nd gen mr2 turbo has a sensor in the pan to tell if the oil level is low. id use that instead if it were me.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
IJ. said:
Van: One of which pans?

1J I remember reading somewhere that you had a couple of Group A oil pans kicking around, or was that someone else?..I just thought it would go nice with my Group A set up..lol..just a thought :love: lmk if you ever decide to sell one please..

Thanks Don.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
GrimJack said:
The clearance is too much. One of the common mods is to extend the oil pickup .

I don't recall by exactly how much... and my spare block is disassembled. :(

i didnt actually extend mine, but bent it lower into the pan. i crushed the screen in a little, so i could get more clearance. all i did, was put a rag on the pan mating surface, and use a pry bar to very gently and smoothly bend the pickup upward, (motor was upside down, so actually bending it LOWER into the pan)

i used a washer or two to make the mount fit, and a longer bolt that i had lying around. i used a piece of silly putty to make sure the pickup wasnt too close to the pan floor. :) (measuring how much it crushed, kindof like plastigauge for bearing clearances... ;))

-shaeff

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i need one to know one more thing wow i really don't remmber it haven that much of gap that is crazy

but one more qestion how big around is the picup it's self has to be tiny bit smaller then the oil pans hole

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
The 2 numbers on the pic are from the rail to the plate and then from the rail to the screen NOT the gap to the pan!

Grab a pan tip it over lay a piece of steel across the rails then measure from the floor of the pan to the bottom of the steel.

Subtract this from 150mm and that's the gap.

I'll measure the screen flange a bit later when I go out to the shed.