Crazy how fast your life can flash in front of your eyes..

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Sorry sorry sorry.
When an old lady runs into the first car that passes by, when she picks up her car from her LAST accident...time for the DMV to consider taking her liscense away.
If I were to get a new car, I really think I'd look at the Scion FR-S. Just sayin.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Hopefully that old lady decides to get out of the car game. I get angry with old people who decide they would rather injure people than suck it up and take the bus. What a shame, sorry to see it happen, especially since you had it happen with your last one.

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
Really sad to see that happen.

I've had a few very close calls sharing the road with people who are too old/medicated to be driving.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Good to hear you walked away fairly okay from that accident. Sad to see the car die like that. Not gonna jump on the old lady, because life happens.. Im not one to judge.
Always good news when nobody gets seriously injured.

on a different note, are you planning to get the car back and do a part out? That was indeed a nice MK3. I would probably be interested in all the leather interior parts and the quarter panels if you do. (not trying to be a vulture, but you did have a good car there.

I dont think I will ever leave the Supra world, but if my MK3 got toasted, I would probably find a MKIV replacement or go backwards and build up a MK2. I dont like redoing something already done. These cars are too much work to watch die like that.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I don't know what is going to happen yet with the car it all depends. On a side note we talked to her insurance company today and she admited to fault so they gave me a rental car to drive for the time being.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Wow Devin this sucks. Not once but twice you got hosed. However, as others have posted the main thing is that you weren't seriously injured. If i were you i think i would stick with the Supra. I mean by now you know that they can take a hit. No matter what you drive other people will still be idiots.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Devin LeBlanc;1892160 said:
Thanks everyone, I've owned 4 MK3's and had a lot of fun with them. But I think its time to move onto something newer/nicer.
FFS man... sorry to see this.

If you do intend to buy something both newer AND nicer, you're going to be spending a hefty chunk of change there... These cars are among the nicest I've ever been in for what is asked of them. All that said, I'd consider a real tank at this point. M35A2? Someone wants to hit you in that, BRING IT ON SUCKA! :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RazoE;1892348 said:
I lost my 92 to a moron. You cant get out the game, you build clean cars.
I would disagree on this. You might not be able to get out of the building cars game, but you can get out of the Supra game. For what it's worth, the 87 I'm building will most likely be my last Supra that I buy. Gotta have a little variety in the garage man...

franky2fingaz

Nov 10, 2012
The windsor
Glad you ok, as soon as I read this thread I looked at your location to make sure it ain't Jersey, where my grandma moved to... after we tried to get her off the road and stop driving (7 accidents in 2 years, all her fault)... so I thought you might of met "Grandma"..

It's a sad day when your loved car gets taken put by someone that shouldn't be on the road anymore, but what's sadder is when we get that old and loose our mobility, but it's bound to happen eventually ...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
te72;1892936 said:
I would disagree on this. You might not be able to get out of the building cars game, but you can get out of the Supra game. For what it's worth, the 87 I'm building will most likely be my last Supra that I buy. Gotta have a little variety in the garage man...

Comes a time when the Supra thing gets played out and you move on...

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
lol.. especially a MK3. Its not the most comfortable car in the world. But.. that's what your daily driver is for.

As for the "old folks" that should be off the road.. when you see a 92 year old plow into a bunch of pedestrians because he misjudged the turn (by about 25 feet), it makes you wonder why its illegal to drive when your legally blind...

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
You know, if you decide to get a newer more comfy version of a toyota they you could go to a Lexus gs400. I suggest a 1998 version with the VVT-i like this one

gs400.jpg

I hope you like my idea of a different Toyota. :icon_bigg

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Lexus line is all stellar. Funny that the differences beyween the mk3 and the Lexus is not really that far though, considering the "advances". I still like the mk3 for all around uniqueness (especially as more time passes and unfortunate events shrink the numbers.
Just think about 10 years from now... How many if our cars will still be on the road?

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
At least you are not seriously injured. I Feel you on loosing the car. An ins. Company could never compensate us for all,the work in these cars that are pretty much worthless on paper.