crazy ass motor swap

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
dallas said:
it's all about compatability... 7m's are cheap to buy, easy to work on, and literally bolt right in.... the rb26 is the opposite of all of these... that's all there is to it...

people do use lexus v8's btw

Exactly. 7ms and shit are swapped into other stuff all the time becasue they are simple in comparison.

Yellow 13 said:
Ill be swapping an RB26 into a 240 later on this year.

Good Luck. I know someone doing it right now. Its not fun. Oil pan won't fit youll need something else. It will have to be rear wheel drive. Hes facing a lot of problems I don't know if he'll even get it done

L

lanky189

turbotrev said:
well get ready for it cuz thats what ill be working on when i get back from college and i plan on putting in a build thread to show all my ge monster if nobody trys it before me :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

gigaddy gigaddy gigaddy alright:naughty:
search for user Defiant7m.

you're not the first to want to stroke a 7m, and neither is he. There was at one time a stroker kit..but it was poor quality.

also..less displacement doesn't necessarily mean higher rpm which doesnt necessarily mean more power...there's alot more to it than that.

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
Lol worst thread evah, a mate of mine has a 13b in his 180sx/240sx as you know it has 315rwhp at 8psi (GT35/40).

Also wtf storke a 7m its already 91mm and doesn't like to rev run 85mm pistons that gives you 3.1L and is really all you need lol.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
in australia rb26's are quite popular. We call them "cheque book racing" Simply put you can buy what ever amount of hp you want from it via jap catalogues. 7m's on the other hand (in aust) need a lot of custom work to adapt various parts and are considered "old" by jap standards

7MA61

7MA61
Aug 27, 2006
Sydney
And 1jz's are common as cow shit, cheap, and put in anything and everything, a few S13's with them, skylines etc etc.

Theres a R32 over here with a 7mgte that runs 9.6second quarters lol.

dallas

previously 89jdm7m
Oct 23, 2006
VA Beach
lanky189 said:
search for user Defiant7m.

you're not the first to want to stroke a 7m, and neither is he. There was at one time a stroker kit..but it was poor quality.

also..less displacement doesn't necessarily mean higher rpm which doesnt necessarily mean more power...there's alot more to it than that.
i dunno about him, but i was refering to using the 5m crank (shortening stroke)
piston travels less, creates less heat, and puts less tension on the rod... yada yada, we all know that :)