crazy ass motor swap

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
ya know what i'm going to do?

1GZ-FE a MkIII. Gut the chassis and reinforce it to hell and back, include only what i absoultely have to to keep it street legal. Coilovers, swaybars, etc...

then: forged internals, ferrea valvetrain, ITBs, cams, big ol' injectors, Tremec or some other bulletproof tranny, and rev that son of a bitch to 10,000 ear bleeding revolutions per minute!

should cost roughly what at 1400hp MkIV does :D

edit: Oh, and to answer the "why go smaller" thing, to me it's the useable RPM's...a 1J can rev a buttload higher than a 7M or even a 2J. To get the same revs out of a larger engine, you need to change some things around, mainly more cylinders....and the more cylinders you add the smaller your wallet gets!

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
just a thought do you think it is possible to put all the gte internals and port and polish the shit out of the head and do all the other good stuff to the ge and just run a 50 or 100 shot of nos(i know its pussy juice but gotta have a little fun:naughty: ) so main my point is just build the ge to handle 20psi but run pussy juice

and jc if you need to fab shit up just get with me and ill ponder on it for ya and if you have the funds i could do it for ya at little cost

trev

dallas

previously 89jdm7m
Oct 23, 2006
VA Beach
wingman said:
ya know what i'm going to do?

1GZ-FE a MkIII. Gut the chassis and reinforce it to hell and back, include only what i absoultely have to to keep it street legal. Coilovers, swaybars, etc...

then: forged internals, ferrea valvetrain, ITBs, cams, big ol' injectors, Tremec or some other bulletproof tranny, and rev that son of a bitch to 10,000 ear bleeding revolutions per minute!

should cost roughly what at 1400hp MkIV does :D

edit: Oh, and to answer the "why go smaller" thing, to me it's the useable RPM's...a 1J can rev a buttload higher than a 7M or even a 2J. To get the same revs out of a larger engine, you need to change some things around, mainly more cylinders....and the more cylinders you add the smaller your wallet gets!
you do understand if you actually did complete this feat, you could charge people money to see your car, or even more $ for a ride... i'm certain you could aquire enough money to more than fill the black hole you created in your bank account :D... i'd prolly throw out $100 just to hear it run :dunno:

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
well get ready for it cuz thats what ill be working on when i get back from college and i plan on putting in a build thread to show all my ge monster if nobody trys it before me :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

gigaddy gigaddy gigaddy alright:naughty:

dallas

previously 89jdm7m
Oct 23, 2006
VA Beach
meh... i doubt i'll ever get into anything too crazy as far as displacement goes... just not my thing :dunno: if anything i'll do a 86.5 hardtop 3s-gte, or a 7m-gte mkii

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
turbotrev said:
plus it doesnt help when your on not much of a budget anyway im guessing that it would take a year and a half to complete and about 25 large and you doing most of the work like fabing up alot of the brackets, mounts, and anything else needed to do the swap

but hey if you can then do it

not really....those guys in that movie we cant remember put one in a mustang in like one scene!

and this would just have to be easier...because they are both japaneese cars...right?

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
WElcome to sUpramania.

never say dont say negative feedback, cuz you'll get it no matter what

that's like going in a candy store, asking for a condom. a real one not made out of candy. JDM tightness condom, XXXXXXS