CHI2k6

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Nelson hasn't told me any thing....

No dates that I know of have been posted yet.

Before they are, I as a "recruiter" need to know what you guys want to have at chi2k6.

Some ideas are...

-BBQ
-Swap meet
-Dyno day
-Night life party (dave and busters)
-Drag racing event
-Car show

PLEASE POST ALL YOUR IDEAS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE AT CHI2K6 THIS YEAR!

LoveMy7MGTE

Nov 24, 2005
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
MDCmotorsports said:
Nelson hasn't told me any thing....

No dates that I know of have been posted yet.

Before they are, I as a "recruiter" need to know what you guys want to have at chi2k6.

Some ideas are...

-BBQ
-Swap meet
-Dyno day
-Night life party (dave and busters)
-Drag racing event
-Car show

PLEASE POST ALL YOUR IDEAS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE AT CHI2K6 THIS YEAR!
All of the above, plus a civic demo derby

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
Hey Guys,

Plans are starting for CHI2K6 very soon. If any of you would like to help out in any way, please let me know. Please post here or email me at CHI2K at comcast dot net (no spaces)

As for a time frame, this years event will take place sometime in the end of July or beginning of August. We are taking any and all suggestions for this years event, so please let me know.

As you all know, CHI2K is not as big as Texas or Las Vegas. However, our plans are to be just as big as them, if not bigger. But it will take some time. Those guys have been doing those meets for many years now. So they have many years of experience behind their belts.

CHI2K6 will be my second year in planning this thing. I still have lots to learn! However, I have been talking to Keith H (planner for SILV) for some advice on how to have a successful meet. He told me that the key to having a successful meet is to have as many volunteers as possible. I sure learned that lesson while doing CHI2K5! Again, please let me know if you would like to help out in any way. I will also be talking to Peter B (planner for TX2K) for some of his advice and suggestions as well so that CHI2K6 can be bigger and better.

I still believe that RSVPing is really an important act that everyone needs to do. So this year I will be emphasizing this. Please RSVP!!!

If any of you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to post up in here or email me.

~Nelson

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Best of luck with the event Nelson.

Just remember... if you start getting too big I'll have to send the SILV Mafia after you. They are currently working on how to get Toronto to drop into the ocean so they stop having their events - they have the only event that has been running longer.

The offer still stands for help whenever I can.

And one of these years you may find me in Chicago spying on you guys so watch your back! :)

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
KeithH said:
Best of luck with the event Nelson.

Just remember... if you start getting too big I'll have to send the SILV Mafia after you. They are currently working on how to get Toronto to drop into the ocean so they stop having their events - they have the only event that has been running longer.

The offer still stands for help whenever I can.

And one of these years you may find me in Chicago spying on you guys so watch your back! :)

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas

Thanks, Keith. It means alot.

If you need any help with Toronto, let me know. I've got some connections there. :naughty: J/K

BTW, you are always welcome in Chicago! I may even put you to work!! :biglaugh: I'll be in contact with you soon, my friend.

~Nelson

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I am hoping to put together a site where all Supra events can be listed. Put together a banner (standard sizing) and I'll add it to the site. Will go up at Supras.org soon.

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
KeithH said:
I am hoping to put together a site where all Supra events can be listed. Put together a banner (standard sizing) and I'll add it to the site. Will go up at Supras.org soon.

Sounds like a good idea, Keith. Excuse my ignorance, but what would be standard sizing for a banner? I'll have one made.

Thanks,
Nelson

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
i am on here more than sf. so i will change my posting to this thread mdc.
i like all those ideas you have. the one meet i was trying to plan came out to everyone is just going to end up going to chi2k6. so i just had a question about d and b. i am 16 and i heard it is a bar type thing. just wondering about that and what time do i have to be out. on the basis how long is the chi2k6. like a friday saturday sunday weekend thing? thanks adam

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
D&B is like an adult chuck e cheese, I went when I was 16, no1 said anything. Just don't be stupid and try to order anything. Drifting is a bad idea IMO, we DO NOT want to gain a reputation with the local police as a bunch of morons. We had issues on year 1 with the dyno and how loud our cars were. Not a good way to start a day. Not to mention that if people come and break their cars, chances are they wont be back, hell, enough crapp breaks just on the drive up and back. (rear seals? lol) Anyway, about the D&B, don't worry about it, there shouldn't be any probs, unless you a 163hp weakling trying to keep up on the interstate on the way there. :biglaugh: Don't ask me how I know...

*Edit*
BTW, I posted on CS.com, we will have mkII's this year even if I have to trailer Jason's up there behind the 82.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
92turbo4life said:
no id say im up at 230 or 240 range i think

Unless you have a healthy engine, 3" exhaust, no cats, dp, elbow, and the boost turned up I doubt you're that high.

Sorry brotha.

BTW, my exhaust is for sale, and so are my hard pipes with the stock IC. YOU NEED THEM FOR CHI2K6. :naughty:

Any who, just bring your car and every one that you can get to come with you! Dyno that bad boy and lets find out how much hp you lay!

Matt, bring all the mk2's you can find!

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
well i know if we have a swap meet i am definely buying n exhaust and some other parts forsure. as for people coming with me i have one friend in my car.<as for i think that is all that can fit> i am trying to get ahold of shane the kid with the other teal 92 that lives by me but he wont respond to my pm's. all i know is his car is running 12's and he says he thinks he is at about 400 hp. he knows a guy named steve vang i think who has a 600 hp mk3 from what i hear so i think that would be cool if i can get ahold of them. is there a cost to this event? just wondering so i can start saving up for my parts that i want to buy and or for the event. if i buy some parts down at the meet do you think there is a way i could install them down thier considering i have a lack of tools and i dont trust anyone working on my mk3 but me. lol when it needs to be fixed i go to my dads friends mechanic shop and I do it as they watch and wish they could touch it.... lol

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
-BBQ YES! I'll bring a cooler full of lovingly prepared steak.

-Swap meet YES! I have so many parts I need to get rid of.
*shameless plug* Parting out my 88, some mods for sale! Also have a garage and small shed FULL of supra parts.

-Dyno day YES!

-Night life party (dave and busters) I'd do it, so I suppose that's a YES!

-Drag racing event YES YES YES YES YES! I don't care if there's only like 5 other people running like last year....I'm in. Even if my IC pipe connector isn't attached on the hot side of the IC because a friend didn't know how to put on a hardpipe after lengthy instructions.....again.....I will be racing damnit! I'll duct tape the IC connectors if I have to!!

-Car show Yep. what's a supra meet without one?

I can't wait for Chi2k6! :aigo: I will definitely tell every supra owner I see in WI to go to Chi2k6.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
92turbo4life said:
if i buy some parts down at the meet do you think there is a way i could install them down thier considering i have a lack of tools and i dont trust anyone working on my mk3 but me.

I always bring a support vehicle for my drag radials, grill, food and drink, and my tools. I'll help you out if you need a hand installing parts.

If I don't have my 90 done by chi2k6, I'm totally taking my dad's 87T down instead. auto, 57 trim, fuel, intake, exhaust, fresh rebuild. I always wondered how an auto would stack up with all my old mods. :naughty:

I'll probably still be debating Emanage Ultimate or Maft Pro for my car by chi2k6....and after that I'll have to pick a turbo! AAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH! :3d_frown:

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Hmm... I would like MDC to spend more than about 5 minutes at the dyno. That's what I want for chi2k6.

i'm down for all of that.. aside from the drag racing. i think we only had a handfull of people do that last year. it just isn't a big draw for whatever reason. If we could get a commitment from a local supra shop for some exhibition runs, then the draw may be bigger. i would also say the proximity to most of the other action would be a big deciding factor.

BBQ would be cool. maybe a friday nite event at some location. Possibly Curt @ Elmhurst would be able to get the bays of the garage for this. We did this in dayton during one of the meets and it turned out very nice. Come to think of it.. Curt was there during that.

I dig the dave and busters. Maybe we can find a joint that open even later and would for sure let our under 21'ers in without a problem. That would be cool.