Chi2k5

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
... I drove 16 hours to meet up w/ 8 other mkII's... But I understand the whole time thing, I just never did see where he was from... "my bad"...

Mid-WestSupras

Was MWS now NE-Supras.com
Apr 11, 2005
Deja Vu in Atlantic City NJ
hey I drove in from NJ but then I was the host so I guess I had to show up.

Joli I got NJ-supras.com now so we are a bit closer to host a meet.

Sad to say the weather was good and we had a smaller meet vs the bad weather and 75 supras.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Welcome to the forums.

Man, that trailer was lame -- it should have at least had one drag strip run and one dyno run in it. ;P

Wasn't someone else working on some kind of video compilation as well?

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
Thanks for all the comments, once again! :bigthumb:

The DVD makers have taken all your constructive criticism and decided to make an "Apology Teaser" for you all. RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

If you have any other comments or suggestions, please send them directly to the DVD makers. You can do so by clicking HERE

~Nelson

BTW, I thought the "Apology Teaser" was quite humorous! :rofl: It just shows how they take all of the feedback and suggestions and try to make things better!

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
Refunds: You can offer refunds with a $5 penalty. That way you are covered for any PayPal losses up to $162. That is how we've done things in Vegas.

ID Badges: The printer I use for Vegas can do the ID Badges easily. Prices start at $50 + shipping for 10 - including lamination and lanyards. Let me know if you are serious and I'll get you more information.

Name Tags: We have tried this year after year after year and have finally given up on even buying these things because nobody ever uses them.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you guys out. I too would love to see your event "kick TX2k6 OUT OF THE WATER!"

Remember that events like SILV and the MR2 annual mega bash did not just start out as the uber events that they are today. SILV97 drew about 40 Supras (no MkIIs or MkIs). It took several years to hit the 150 Supra mark - and then stalled there for a number of years until this year when we topped the 170 mark - with more supras still parked in the garage.

One thing I have learned from managing SILV is the number of helpers/coordinators/volunteers is directly proportional to the smoothness/success of the event.

You might also want to keep things small. Vegas was easier to manage - and we didn't have as many hot-heads - when we were smaller. Just be prepared for some class A @-holes as you grow.

I am serious about my offer for help. If there is anything I can do to help you guys out please let me know.

Keith Hart
Supras Invade Las Vegas
PacNW Supra Nationals

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
Hey Keith,

Thanks for chiming in here. I will definitely take you up on that offer!

BTW, I don't know if you remember me, but I was one of your volunteers for parking the MKIV's for your SILV05 show-n-shine. (I was the short filipino guy :biglaugh:) So I definitely know what you mean when you say "One thing I have learned from managing SILV is the number of helpers/coordinators/volunteers is directly proportional to the smoothness/success of the event."

When talking to James at SILV05 about how you guys first started, I knew exactly where he was coming from. I know that CHI2K won't be big the first few years. I mean that's expected. I just hope it becomes just as big as SILV or TX2K.

I will be contacting you when plans start rolling in again. It was great meeting you and James in Las Vegas.

Talk to you soon,
Nelson