Chi2k5

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Guess I shoulda brought the 'wifey'... she doesn't wanna do the hood ornament thing for me though... :icon_conf wont even pose in a bikini for me, or the Supra... I've just about had it with that BS... but anyway, a mobile dyno would be pretty pricey, wouldn't it? O! We could all just bring our G-Tech's... that would deff. save money for us poo'folks. But anyway, chi2k6, only one year to go!

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Blue87T(Dan) said:
boost PSSH boost-Not sure if we spoke but I would have liked to borrow some DRs for a run.

Dan

I don't think we spoke, but I would have been more than happy to let you borrow my DR's for a few passes :naughty: was your car the dark blue one with the hatch visor?

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
I haven't called about pricing for a mobile dyno yet, I've just been searching the net for local ones and gathering up the info. Once I have a good selection I'll check into it farther and see if it's doable. We'll definately need more people to attend the meet to make it feasable.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
boost PSSH boost said:
I don't think we spoke, but I would have been more than happy to let you borrow my DR's for a few passes :naughty: was your car the dark blue one with the hatch visor?

Yeah, that was me. I talked to quite a few people but am terrible with names.

I'm not one to take charge the first time I go somewhere, but for CHI2K6 I will supply name tags that will list real name, screen name(s), year and color of car, and by God you people will wear them.

As long as Grant approves of course!

Dan

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
MDCmotorsports said:
Name tags?

How about some nice like Pit Pass tag hard cards with lanyards around the neck.... and on the front CHI2k6 with some supras????

Works for me. Have everyone kick in 10.00$ or so prior to the meet and you can be responsible for getting them made.

That is a great idea.

I plan on helping Grant with the next one and I'm sure you'll be involved as well.

That would be very cool, as well as a great souvenir.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Maybe have two levels of RSVP'ing -- one that prepays and gets a 20% discount, and another that says "I might show up, and pay full price at the gate"? Might kick a few more people in the arse to show up...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Leave it to the Hoosiers for all the good ideas.... I do like the idea of the things Jon said we needed.... would deff be an awesome souvernirroroiir (pretty much don't know how to spell it) But anyway, what can we start doing to help out with next year?

Mid-WestSupras

Was MWS now NE-Supras.com
Apr 11, 2005
Deja Vu in Atlantic City NJ
the issue with pre pay is the refund, do you make it a no-refund thing because by the time you use pay-pal you lose 3% and then to refund another 3% so that is issue.

There was three host for the Event
Nelson with his 95 Black MKIV
Myself with a 94 Black MKIV
Grant with his 90 White MKIII

We worked on the MKIV guys to show up,
STC local MKIV shop
SP local MKIV shop
Elmhurst has at least one MKIV

Good show over all hope to see those that did not make it this year come out next year.

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Good ideas all around guys! Keep the input coming, I'm listning!!

I attended the national MR2/All-Trac/Elise meet in Topeka, KS back in June and was amazed at how well organized it was. Why was it so organized??

Everyone stayed in the same motel, except locals.

There was a small room set aside by the motel where everyone signed in as they arrived.

240 people RSVP'd!! Of those 240 about 10 didn't show, but 10 who didn't RSVP showed so the difference was offset.

There was a fee simply to attend the meet.

Even Toyota set-up their own trailer at the track!!

The whole event was held in one location, the local track. The only thing that happened somewhere else was the banquet which was held at the motel.

I plan to contact the organizers of that event to get an idea of what it took to make it happen.

I guess the place to start for next year's event is to find out what it would cost to rent a track, what it would cost to get a dyno brought to the track, and go from there. That will let us know if this route will be feasible or not.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
if they RSVP, and pre-pay it shouldn't be refundable... simply as that... that's my $.02... Hell, I'd even be willing to open it up to any other Toyotas, I think the meet would be better for it actually. Maybe we could get ideas from them, they could get ideas from us... that kinda thing... I really don't know though, heck, I can't even get anyone from Indiana to just come over and shoot the shit with me (besides Jon and Eriol) and thats pretty crappy. I am seriously starting to think that the mid-west pretty much sucks, or atleast the Supra owners anyway. I guess for meets I gotta move out to the coasts where I can't afford to live. :3d_frown: That sucks...

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Dan, my dad was there with his silver civic since his mk3 is down. He kept telling me how much he liked your car when we were at the brat stop. Thought I would pass that on :D

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
oneandgone said:
Good ideas all around guys! Keep the input coming, I'm listning!!

I attended the national MR2/All-Trac/Elise meet in Topeka, KS back in June and was amazed at how well organized it was. Why was it so organized??

Everyone stayed in the same motel, except locals.

There was a small room set aside by the motel where everyone signed in as they arrived.

240 people RSVP'd!! Of those 240 about 10 didn't show, but 10 who didn't RSVP showed so the difference was offset.

There was a fee simply to attend the meet.

Even Toyota set-up their own trailer at the track!!

The whole event was held in one location, the local track. The only thing that happened somewhere else was the banquet which was held at the motel.

I plan to contact the organizers of that event to get an idea of what it took to make it happen.

I guess the place to start for next year's event is to find out what it would cost to rent a track, what it would cost to get a dyno brought to the track, and go from there. That will let us know if this route will be feasible or not.

What about Chicago Land Motor speedway! Surely we could do an all out thing there with about 300 supras!
Lets kick TX2k6 OUT OF THE WATER!

Mid-WestSupras "Bob" is a "lurker" on here.... too funny. Any who, thank you again for your hospitality man. Means alot!

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
Bingo, you and Al hit it. If I can make it out, none of you have any excuse. I didn't come this year cause it looked like no one was coming, otherwise I would of made the trip again.

oneandgone said:
Well said!!!! I know there are probably 100 Supras in the Chicago area alone that didn't show. It's a damn shame. Last year I had guys from TN, AK, and NJ there, yet locals don't make it out.

I can't stress enough how important it is to RSVP for these meets. Without that, and payment up front we're very limited as to what we can make happen event-wise. It's hard to get a shop to open on a Sunday for dyno when they don't know if they're getting 5 cars or 100. Same goes for the track, we could rent one for the day, but again, are we getting 5 cars or 100?

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it. Again, thanks for coming!! I expect to see you all next year and for each of you to bring a new Supra driving friend!

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
joliroger4 said:
Bingo, you and Al hit it. If I can make it out, none of you have any excuse. I didn't come this year cause it looked like no one was coming, otherwise I would of made the trip again.

Did ya notice we still went......?