Chi2k5

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Huntin5l: I met your bro -- I remember he was trying to decide whether to dyno or not.

I had a pretty good time, guys -- lots of nice cars! It was great to meet everybody. Hopefully next year I'll have something to show off. :)

I just wish I could have gotten a better look at that Turbo A -- heard about it at the Brat Shop, but by the time I got a chance to go look for it, everyone was pulling out.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
It was sad there are sooo many mk3s around the midwest with big power, and I end up taking home the mk3 dyno challenge cash. C'mon.

People that are in this thread were likely there, but if you were not.. thats a way to jeopardize meets later in the area. With no sponsors.. no meet. Sponsors see the low turnout, and are reluctant to spend money on it for shirts, dyno spots, ect.

No non-vendor really looks at it this way, but its how it is. Sponsors are NOT going to help a meet out that gets 20 cars when they can dump advertising money into Vegas and Texas knowing those meets get 10x the cars, and publicity.

If you live within 100 miles of the chicago area, and were not there.. you suck. Bottomline.

Oh.. I was the guy with a bird under his passenger side windshield wiper. He was caught under there about 15 miles north of Champaign or so. Luckily, he stayed there for the entire trip to GLD.

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
Alan,

I was glad you jumped in to make the MK3 respectable. Also you dragged Tom in right behind you.

471 and 430 are great numbers.

I'm glad you guys put your cars to the test.

Its starting to make me think I should adjust my goal from 400 to 500.

boost PSSH boost-Not sure if we spoke but I would have liked to borrow some DRs for a run.

Dan

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
I love it how people are excited by mkII's on the track, but show us no respect off it...

Hey now, I am one of the biggest MK2 fans there is. I have stated many times that I prefer that exterior to the one of the MK3 or Mk4 or most other cars.

You have a mint body, do some engine action and get it fast or leave it as it is. But, nonetheless, it was and still is the first true Supra (sorry to any MK1 owners).

Dan

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
when you pulled in with the Green MKII my jaw dropped!!! and an MKIV guy even said.... "thats what its all about right there guys" Your car and the clean ass white one demand respect.... I dont care if they are NA's and are not as fast as a turbo car... My eyes were glued to the track when you guys raced.

To keep any car that clean says alot about how much you love your car. Keep it up bro....dont change a thing

Now on to Aljordan's post....
Will CHI2k ever be as big as Vegas or Texas...I dont think so.... It just seems that people dont show up because they dont think the turn out will be big enough.... I did hear that a few had there car down for repairs and such... that is totaly understandable. but others simply made other plans because they knew they wouldent miss much.
What brings people to these events? Big name cars thats what.... I am going to Vegas this year to see Dana Westover, Larry Prebis, Marko D., Woon, Saad, joe from Final stage and about 20 other cars get on the track.... We dont have that. Its a hard time of the year to get some of the big names out there.... But we have to find a way to do it...
We need to get some of these sponsers to pony up some prize money so we can get these guys to come out and race.... that will give people a reason to come out... and plan ahead of time.
I guess we MKII and MKIII guys can say we were there from the start when no one cared about Chi2k5.....

Eriol: I would love to show you my car... Is there any meets in your area that i can come out to?... I am down for a road trip...

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Tim, whats odd about this chicago meet is 2 of the 6 names you mentioned you wanted to see... are *IN* chicago. They were a no show. Sad really if you ask me. Apparently, both of them are doing well enough client wise to not need to expand their market. Maybe they had family obligations, which would be more important than this, but just short of that...

I don't know WHY this meet isn't any bigger. Its the mid-west meet. I would expect people from the midwest to attend. no need to drive 1k miles to texas or vegas, its all right here.

I guess if I want to attend a meet, it'll have to be LV or TX. The rest are just mini meets at this point.

Regardless.. I had an awesome time running around after the drag strip. Shame myself and grant couldn't get a good solid highway run in. His car is sick on the highway. Instant boost once he slams the throttle down. Awesome!!

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
aljordan said:
It was sad there are sooo many mk3s around the midwest with big power, and I end up taking home the mk3 dyno challenge cash. C'mon.

People that are in this thread were likely there, but if you were not.. thats a way to jeopardize meets later in the area. With no sponsors.. no meet. Sponsors see the low turnout, and are reluctant to spend money on it for shirts, dyno spots, ect.

No non-vendor really looks at it this way, but its how it is. Sponsors are NOT going to help a meet out that gets 20 cars when they can dump advertising money into Vegas and Texas knowing those meets get 10x the cars, and publicity.

If you live within 100 miles of the chicago area, and were not there.. you suck. Bottomline.

Oh.. I was the guy with a bird under his passenger side windshield wiper. He was caught under there about 15 miles north of Champaign or so. Luckily, he stayed there for the entire trip to GLD.

Well said!!!! I know there are probably 100 Supras in the Chicago area alone that didn't show. It's a damn shame. Last year I had guys from TN, AK, and NJ there, yet locals don't make it out.

I can't stress enough how important it is to RSVP for these meets. Without that, and payment up front we're very limited as to what we can make happen event-wise. It's hard to get a shop to open on a Sunday for dyno when they don't know if they're getting 5 cars or 100. Same goes for the track, we could rent one for the day, but again, are we getting 5 cars or 100?

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it. Again, thanks for coming!! I expect to see you all next year and for each of you to bring a new Supra driving friend!

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
aljordan said:
Tim, whats odd about this chicago meet is 2 of the 6 names you mentioned you wanted to see... are *IN* chicago. They were a no show. Sad really if you ask me. Apparently, both of them are doing well enough client wise to not need to expand their market. Maybe they had family obligations, which would be more important than this, but just short of that...

I don't know WHY this meet isn't any bigger. Its the mid-west meet. I would expect people from the midwest to attend. no need to drive 1k miles to texas or vegas, its all right here.

I agree with you 100% There is no reason why we can't expect to have large meets in the mid west. I remember when we had meets in Dayton OH that attracted 40+ Supras. I don't see why we cant get something set up in Central ILL, Indy, or Louisville/Lexington KY. All these areas have shops with Dynos & are close to 1/4 mile drag strips.

aljordan said:
I guess if I want to attend a meet, it'll have to be LV or TX. The rest are just mini meets at this point.

Well I have just about as much fun at Mini Meets then I have had at some larger Reginal meets. I'm game for what ever I can attend since they are few & far between. The last meet we had here in Louisville 20+ Supras & 30+ people showed up. Had great sponsership allowing for awsome give aways. That was more then a mini meet. I think The intrest is there its just all about the timming.

I'm real sorry I wasn't able to make the meet due to work related issues. I had been looking forward to it for months :3d_frown: Was really looking forward to meeting Jon (MDC), Grant (oneandgone),everyone else and Seeing Dan (Blue87T) & Al again. What I really can't belive is that this thread has gone on for this long & no one has posted any pics or vids!! :cry:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
turboa7mgte said:
when you pulled in with the Green MKII my jaw dropped!!! and an MKIV guy even said.... "thats what its all about right there guys" Your car and the clean ass white one demand respect.... I dont care if they are NA's and are not as fast as a turbo car... My eyes were glued to the track when you guys raced.

To keep any car that clean says alot about how much you love your car. Keep it up bro....dont change a thing

I'm sure truer words are seldom spoken on this forum. Basically my mkII was my "poor man's Supra", sure it's only got 160hp (#3 on the CS.com boards for 6m's) and I ran an awe-inspiring 15.6 on the strip, but it may just be me and my "down-south accent", but I can't get a mkIV guy to talk to me at all... except Bob, he let me borrow his go-fast pants, he's pretty much the only MKIV guy I can honestly say I have got more than 10 words past. But, trying to keep this from turning into a bitch-fest, I agree with grant 100%, RSVP. How many people were on the RSVP list this year? 47? How many cars actually showed, did anyone count? I know Saturday there weren't 47 cars there, and someone mentioned break-downs/rebuilds, but hell, even Jon made it up w/ the rear main out of his car... I'm sure it was mostly a convenience thing for the rest. I know the guy who went with me, Jason, would have driven his mkII up, but the alt is out, it spews oil like a mkIII ( :icon_surp ) , oh, and there was the whole problem of the tree falling on it not to long ago. His car is far from a show-car, and I know he would have driven it up just to say he had it there. Thats another reason I think people don't show... It's like they don't think any of our cars ever looked like "that"... Hell, I'd be willing to talk to anyone, mkII or not, about anything Supra related, I garuntee that... and I'm sure probably 75% of the guys there would have too. But the whole ordeal with the mkIV's leaving during the race, deff. a boner killer... I've been looking forward to cruising down the interstate next to a MKIV since last year, just to see the tires actually moving, but nope... that didn't happen... I'm sure there were sides of the story that I didn't get, reservations needed to be kept, yada yada, but still... I also wanted to run against a mkIV, just to see how bad I could get my ass kicked... but we all know that wasn't going to happen... OK, I think I'm done...

I guess really what I'm trying to ask is...
Why in the hell would you have a car like that (mkIV) and not "drive" it? (some of those super-clean mkIII's as well)

Oh, one last thing, the other 2 mkII's, deff. caught me off-gaurd... me and Jason were not expecting that, and to see one actually dragging.... amazing...

*EDIT*
Oh, and the "big names" aren't what gets me to the meets, it's all the "little guys".... but thats just me.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Birds the word.....

T520050802115011456.jpg

P

Pokey

thats an awsome pic :biglaugh:

but yeah, i had fun at last years meet and i came from arkansas and picked up ken from TN, and then i left for the military and now im in california, thats why i couldnt make it to this years meet, but vegas, oh im there :naughty:

Mid-WestSupras

Was MWS now NE-Supras.com
Apr 11, 2005
Deja Vu in Atlantic City NJ
Grant got a little party money for the S class GLS paid out $250 for the winner so all of you MKIIIs that passed on the event lost a chance for some money. Al took home $100 for the dyno event

Grant the ball is in your court now. CHI2k6

oneandgone

40R 6 SPD SC3
Oh, ya! We're doing it up next year for sure! I've started checking into mobile dyno services already. Maybe we can get enough sponsor help to rent the track and have a mobile dyno come out. That would keep everything in one place and make the event a bit simpler to plan for us and simpler to attend for you guys!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
TuboA: hell yeah! If we get another mini-meet going here in Indy, I'll let you know. I'll watch for Wisconsin meets too. :)

We do seem to have a problem getting people to show up to midwestern events. We had a whopping 3 people show up to the Indy meet... the two people who wanted to get it going, and some local guy who isn't even on the forums.

That was truly shameful the way the MKIVs backed out of the whole thing... you'd almost think a MKIV owner's favorite hobby is to sit there and watch their car gleam... as if they're afraid to find out how fast the car can go.

All show and no go! For shame!

Next year: women and booze! That should draw more people. :D